Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

With the RT's and ST's you are sitting up higher in the seat, where as the F3 you feel you are sitting in it, not on it.

Spyder Garage

There is an old thread talking about how to disable the Nanny. Pretty much just disconnect the wheel sensors and put tape over them!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are some others in the bike, that can still give you some trouble...
    We were thinking, that you could mount your two front wheel speed sensors to the back wheel to keep them from tripping you up!
    DrewNJ played around with the yaw sensor (I think!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I was told that you can cut the blue cable under the seat (ore put a switch on it) and then you can power slide with the spyder. you will get a failure in the display but when you connect the cables again and take out the key you will reset the fault.

This was done on a spyder RS

Morten

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thank you
    Generally speaking; it's much better to have it; than to NOT have it...
    Generally speaking; I also agree...but let it be my choice! Then let my skill and Darwin and Murphy be in charge. Why do some people feel the need to tell other people whats risks they are ALLOWED to take? A skydiver recently jumped out without a parachute, was handed one by another jumper, put it on, opened and landed safely. Would that be considered stupid by most people? I wouldn't do it! Lot's of things to go wrong and end in his death. But I defend his right to do it if he want's to. It's his life. I sign a waver saying that no one is responsible but me if I die or get hurt jumping out of an airplane. I could do the same for the Spyder. I don't know that I'd turn Nanny off...I'm getting old with far slower reflexes. Maybe I need her. But I'd like to be able to if I wanted to. It's not just Nanny, it's all the other things that just quit working just because the computer screws up. I've designed and built hundreds of unique objects in my life time, that have no computers involved in their functioning. I believe in KISS.
    Keep It Simple Stupid.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    I LOVE my Spyders, but one of the major contributors to the younger crowd not going "all-in" for them is the performance limiting features of the Nanny.
    IMO, the way BRP has made it so difficult to fire Nanny is better for us sane or semi-sane types. Can you imagine the furor that would be created by so many parties in this litigious society of our if Nanny could be turned off or easily neutralized? -head who belongs on crotch-rocket because he's stupid wipes himself out on his Nanny neutralized F3, mom, pop, spouse whomever sues BRP, dealer, salesman, etc., for willful negligence and whatever. The lawyers would make it worse than asbestos litigation and BRP would be history. Thanks BRP!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mastertek2000 View Post
    this guy did

That's what I'm talking about!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SailnDive View Post
    Generally speaking; I also agree...but let it be my choice! Then let my skill and Darwin and Murphy be in charge. Why do some people feel the need to tell other people whats risks they are ALLOWED to take? A skydiver recently jumped out without a parachute, was handed one by another jumper, put it on, opened and landed safely. Would that be considered stupid by most people? I wouldn't do it! Lot's of things to go wrong and end in his death. But I defend his right to do it if he want's to. It's his life. I sign a waver saying that no one is responsible but me if I die or get hurt jumping out of an airplane. I could do the same for the Spyder. I don't know that I'd turn Nanny off...I'm getting old with far slower reflexes. Maybe I need her. But I'd like to be able to if I wanted to. It's not just Nanny, it's all the other things that just quit working just because the computer screws up. I've designed and built hundreds of unique objects in my life time, that have no computers involved in their functioning. I believe in KISS.
    Keep It Simple Stupid.
    You said it perfectly. I agree 100%. I do like ABS however - very much.

Spyder Garage

Default All things chrome

Contact them. Looks like they know how to turn her off.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Keep It Simple Stupid.
    Then why did you buy the Spyder? You knew before hand about the computers, didn't you? And if it means THAT much to you find an engineering firm that knows these kinds of systems and have the nanny turned off.

Or sell it and buy a Taurus.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Nanny is not so bad
    She is a lot better than my "EX"
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Keep It Simple Stupid.
    Dave,
    How many miles do you have on your Spyder so far?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It handles much better with more rigid sticky car tires than Kendas and lowering CG with switching the bars to cafe. You have to be just as animated on it as a sportbike and you feel like you were line dancing with a with a gorilla after a 20-30 minute track session...you sleep really good after a day of it.
    While many sponsored riders fully rely on it now, Josh Hayes and others prefer having it all turned off. The frame on the Spyder is not that good for it, it's more like a sport tourer at best. But like mentioned a few posts back, physical sensor hack(or bribe your Spyder mech to lower sensor values via BUDS) and you can go stunting on it...there is a few videos out there of Slingshots(that you drive) getting flipped by the driver, they are not immune...Lot's of used sports car convertibles on the market, much cheaper and better handling(miata, del sol, S2000, mitsu spider and so onnnnnnn).
    Last edited by AMTJIM; 08-25-2015 at 03:41 AM.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black