Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Waiting

Spyder Garage

Default Still Waiting

For the callback from BRP. You may remember that a couple of weeks ago I got a call from BRP regarding the heat & stalling problems with my 2013 RT Ltd. I was told that I would get a callback within 24-48 hours as to when to take it to the dealer for testing. The hours must be dragging, or am I mistaken in my thinking that the 48 hour window has passed? Same old story, lots of talk & no action.If BRP would just do what they say they are going to do, I wouldn't have to keep beating that poor dead horse. And that, my friends, is today's rant.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They must be on "Canadian Daylight Savings" time...

Give them another call; it can't hurt to try.
    Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

they are getting things done but you can always call them and tell them your still waiting..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default UPDATE TO "STILL WAITING FOR A CALL FROM BRP"

Got the followup call from BRP today late morning. Took the RT to my dealer, and they did a BUDS diagnostic. I was there about 15 minutes. The Spyder technician told me that the bike was running rich. Took a ride by the beach, and right as I got home and walked in the door, BRP called again. The dealer had sent the diagnostic to BRP and they found two codes. First code was a bad purge valve, which will be replaced next week. The dealer won't have the part until late in the day on Monday. Second code was a oxygen sensor, but it was explained to me that that code could be caused by the bad purge valve. So they will replace the purge valve next week, and then they want me to put 100 miles on the bike and bring it back to the dealer for another diagnostic. If it still shows a bad oxygen sensor, they will then replace that as well. I was told by the BRP rep that "We are not going away". He admitted to me that the 990 was not meant to be a touring engine, that it was primarily made for the Aprilla. As we all know the 2013 has the frame meant for the 1330, which he admitted was not ready at that time. So, at last I feel that BRP is being honest with me, and is really trying to do all that they can to make the Spyder run & ride as intended. Maybe this will help other 2013 RT owners as well, if it turns out that these issues are common to 2013 RT's.

Sometime next week, I will provide an update.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

the one thing i don't understand about any company is, if the are taking the bike apart to replace the purge valve and the code is there for the oxygen sensor, why not replace both of them at the same time. how much could the oxygen sensor cost them and the bike will be there only one time
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

They are ordering the Oxygen Sensor today as well, so they will have it if needed. If so, it will be done next week as well. As long as something is being done, I don't mind the "baby steps". At least they are trying. As a plus, my dealer is only about 18 miles away, so it is not a huge inconvenience.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

McHale would be proud of you... McHale.jpg
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 10-17-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

I am glad to hear that there is finally some movement in your ongoing saga. Fingers crossed that they get if solved.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    McHale would be proud of you... McHale.jpg
    Wow Bob, that was quick!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You make it fun!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Keep on calling. You know what they say about the squeaky wheel.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog1 View Post
    Keep on calling. You know what they say about the squeaky wheel.
    Yeah, and I have got a BIG grease gun.

Spyder Garage

You make it fun!
    OK Bob you're on!

Spyder Garage

What does it cost a company when they don't do what they say? We use to share our horror stories in our buddies garage over a couple of beers. Today we share them here, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media. These stories of less than exceptional service cost them far more than the few bucks they are trying to save by not replacing a 10.00 part, making you wait, put more miles on the bike to trouble shoot something that already shows a smoking gun. Because of the power of forums and social media, companies can use it to their advantage, yet most just take their licks.
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    OK Bob you're on!
    This one's a REAL toughie...

Are you, "Not taking it anymore"?

Spyder Garage

This one's a REAL toughie...

Are you, "Not taking it anymore"?
    Just having fun pal, just having fun. I call it "Avatar Roulette"!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I LIKE this game!
    William Holden??

Spyder Garage

I LIKE this game!
    William Holden??
    Try Again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

dang... Let me think about it a little.
    ORRrrrr... Does anybody else know who it is?

Spyder Garage

dang... Let me think about it a little.
    ORRrrrr... Does anybody else know who it is?
    All are welcome. Got a few more up my sleeve, too.

Spyder Garage

RAY MALLAND

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    RAY MALLAND
    We have a winner!! Now, do you want to bet it all? Name the film.

Spyder Garage

The man with the Xray eyes.

What's doing with your Spyder.
    I thought their were a whole bunch of things they wanted to change ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    The man with the Xray eyes.

What's doing with your Spyder.
    I thought their were a whole bunch of things they wanted to change ?
    See Post #4. BTW, You Win! New one soon.

Spyder Garage

Default It just may be

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    the one thing i don't understand about any company is, if the are taking the bike apart to replace the purge valve and the code is there for the oxygen sensor, why not replace both of them at the same time. how much could the oxygen sensor cost them and the bike will be there only one time
    BRP wants to isolate the exact reason and so take one item at a time.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.