Spyder Garage

Default New 2014 with some new mods

It didn't take long to start adding to #879. I live on a 1/4 mile gravel road so the first install was the Spyderpops 'missing belt guard'. Nice touch to add the nut clips for the OEM belt protector Spyderpops. I also used some JB epoxy to help hold it on. Arizona is brutal on glue. Next were the deluxe Seal boards. They were kind enough to give me the September free shipping price. Thank you John. I really like these boards and they went on easy enough. Even able to use the front as a cruise bar in order to stretch the legs and standing up is also easy. I really like the look. They are a quality product. Next came the Sypderpops Bumpskid. I was surprised that an 8 mile Spyder would have so many scrapes underneath the front. I am convinced the bumpskid is necessary. Kudo's to you Spyderpops. Quality product that went on fairly easy by one person. Your stainless steel grilles add to the front visuals. I also used some epoxy to help hold the plactic blocks. And last this week, I added the JT dash mount. Easy on, and now need to decide where to get power from. Maybe from their power kit. Don't you love American ingenuity that is adding to a Canadian product?
    SpyderOnJack.jpgSpyderFront.JPGSpyderSide.jpg
    2014 Pearl White RT, TriAxis handlebar, BaJaron Bar&Links, Spyderpops belt guard, bumpskid & stainless grilles, Seal Dlx boards, JT's Dash Mount, SmoothSpyder belt tensioner, HMT brake, TricFender led's, mudflap lights, air horn, Squared Away laser alignment

Spyder Garage

Good ideas on your mods. Also have seals on our 2011. Check out the KOTT (Keep out the trash) grill covers from Spyderpops. An inexpensive but "classy" addition. Have heard they keep out the sagebrush.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Good ideas on your mods. Also have seals on our 2011. Check out the KOTT (Keep out the trash) grill covers from Spyderpops. An inexpensive but "classy" addition. Have heard they keep out the sagebrush.
    They were installed. Really adds to the front visuals and Yes, I found out last night it also helps with the bugs.
    2014 Pearl White RT, TriAxis handlebar, BaJaron Bar&Links, Spyderpops belt guard, bumpskid & stainless grilles, Seal Dlx boards, JT's Dash Mount, SmoothSpyder belt tensioner, HMT brake, TricFender led's, mudflap lights, air horn, Squared Away laser alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sscheuer47 View Post
    They were installed. Really adds to the front visuals and Yes, I found out last night it also helps with the bugs.
    Sorry, I missed seeing them on your picture #2. My bad!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Slightly off topic

Sorry to ask,
    I'm sorta new in the Spyder Community. What does the number (879) mean? where did you get it from?

I've seen a few people mention numbers like that, just never have asked before.

Thanks
    Vossr
    Sage Monkey
    MSgt, USAF ret

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vossr View Post
    Sorry to ask,
    I'm sorta new in the Spyder Community. What does the number (879) mean? where did you get it from?

I've seen a few people mention numbers like that, just never have asked before.

Thanks
    Last 3 of the VIN number.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some of us are hanging the last several digits of the V.I.N.s on our signatures (or within the posts) to hellp ideentify what we've got, or when it was built.
    (Some of the earliest 2014s had some problems crop up... this became wa quick way to see who might have a problem)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black