Hey everyone,

I apologize for the weird title in advance but it will become clear in just a minute. I currently drive a wonderful BMW F800GT which I worship and adore. I couldn't imagine living without it. Unfortunately my body doesn't agree with me. I've been diagnosed with ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia a few years back and I'm finally starting feeling the drain it's taking on my body. I really don't want to part with my two-wheeler but I'm afraid in the end I'll have no choice. Since I absolutely loathe driving a car and it's in no way a replacement for a two-wheeler, I'm kind of looking for an alternative for when it becomes 100% impossible to ride a two-wheeler.

Well, most trikes look horrid to me and the ones that I do seem to like (GG Taurus, certain two-wheelers converted to a trike, ...) all cost me way more than an arm and a leg. I'm not saying that the Spyder is affordable but it should be reachable in the long run, especially when older models get lowered in price. Now, the title...are there any girls or boys here that used to drive a two-wheeler (or still do) and can comment on how 'fun' the spyder is to own in everyday life?

My beloved one is taking me for a testdrive on an RT this Saturday at a 'local' dealer to ease my mind and cheer me up a little. It should be fun since I'm allowed to drive for a little while too. I have no idea what to expect either way but I am reluctant to accept something else than my beloved bike at the moment. I feel so reluctant to accept that I might not be able to drive it anymore that I just can't see myself liking the Spyder either. I don't even like the way it looks and I can't see any benefits to it.

Can you guys/girls perhaps help me get a more neutral image on the Spyder as I really do want to like it though. I'd love it if you could give me some benefits of the Spyder so I can try to focus on those. Also I'm having a hard time choosing between the different models. The RS, ST and RT all seem so alike. Would the RS be useless if I wanted to go for longer trips with sleepovers? What about that new F3?

Thank you in any case for trying to help me and I look forward to your replies!