Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default annybody switching for the f3

I am seriously considering the f3 . They are starting to grow on me
    Chris

Spyder Garage

Unlike some I have no issues with the looks, always throught this filled the gap in their line-up and can see the attraction.

Personally I wouldn't want one as I prefer the riding position of the RS, I've made no changes to bars, pegs or seat as the stock riding position is just right for me. I must admit I also still prefer the RS' s utility appearance. So no I'd I'd not switch but I know why you and others may.

Spyder Garage

I am not switching per se but still see the F3 as an add to my stable
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I thought the ST was going to be the replacement for my GS/RS but it wasn't. The F3 is.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I've got to see this F3 on the road for 6+ months....but am test riding Nov 6th.....excited

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Default NOPE

Not in the cards for me, I have 4 more years on my current ST-Limited and honestly, the prices to build one like I want is over $34K and that's without a stereo, No Thanks

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nope, not making the switch. Just not enough of a performance move for me.

If any of you haven't spent any time with forward controls, you might want to do an extended test ride.... Forward controls can be good and bad...

Spyder Garage

I won't be making the switch. I am heavily invested in my RT's. I like the new style and the concept though. I will just sit back and enjoy the F3 through other's posts when they start hitting the road.

Was there a subliminal message in Lamonsters post about the GS/RS above?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Am reserving my opinion till i test drive.

15 is going to be the year when i decide on the F3 or keep my RS which i've put lots of money for farkles
    Or go to the RT (which my wife loves)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Nope, not making the switch. Just not enough of a performance move for me.

If any of you haven't spent any time with forward controls, you might want to do an extended test ride.... Forward controls can be good and bad...
    I've had one cruiser with forward controls, a Suzuki Intruder. Liked the looks but couldn't get on the forward controls. Had that bike for 6 or 7 years but often opted to ride my Honda CD175 or Jawa 350 instead, neither of which would normally be peoples first choices:-)

As I said I think the F3 is the right choice for BRP and is going to bring in a lot more Spyder riders - hopefully the extra revenue will be spent on developing a bigger engined RS:-)

Spyder Garage

Never had forward controls but you would think that since you don't have to put your feet down or balance the bike, it would be a much better riding experience.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ZDarkman View Post
    Never had forward controls but you would think that since you don't have to put your feet down or balance the bike, it would be a much better riding experience.
    I tend to be opposed to motorcycle cruisers for the same reasons: slow-speed control, stability, and dear God, why do they all have to be so HEAVY?? But for the above, obvious reasons, I can't imagine any of those downsides of forward controls on two-wheels carries over to the three-wheeled Spyder, the F3 seating position really just providing more comfortable (for some) ergonomics.

No, my concern was the loss of the "sporty standard" seating position on the RS would be detrimental to weight-shifting on the Spyder, the surest way of wringing the best performance out of the twisties. I don't care all that much about 0-60 times on my RS, and top speed = what I'm comfortable defending before a judge. But twisty performance is the one area where I *won't* compromise.

However, all the early reviewers from those in the know attest that this is NOT the case-- and, surprisingly, the opposite is true: the cruiser position actually *improves* the Spyder's performance through corners.

Of course, I trust, but verify, so I'm looking forward to trying out the F3 myself. I'm still not sure I'd jump for one-- optioned out the way I'd want it, the price is VERY steep-- and, let's be honest: my gut still says BRP is going to offer something to refresh/replace the RS in the near-future, and that may ultimately be more my speed.

BUT, BRP had my curiosity... NOW, they have my attention.
    Last edited by daveinva; 10-16-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

The F3 doesn't appeal to me... tiny frunk (they might as well call it a "glove box") and I don't like that kind of riding position at all among other things. It has a retro look rather than a futuristic look, IMHO.

Burnt orange with black trim? Who's coming up with these new color schemes?

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Default Not Trading, Maybe Adding

I'll check it out and consider replacing my vtx. Besides, the rs is really my daughter's now. I love the ride on the rs but my shoulders and back can only take moderate rides. I like the cruiser (vtx) and touring (Goldwing) positions, especially with a backrest. The F3 may be a good mix of all of them.
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Spyder Garage

If it was a choice between the F3 and an alien abduction and all the usual abuse involved in that..................................I'd run with the abduction.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder F3

Only if it looks like this one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xpbqn View Post
    Only if it looks like this one
    Yes but with twin exhausts exiting under the seat or lower down so you can move the pegs back to the RS position. Seat slightly higher. move the bars forward and down, ideally almost 'clip-on' style. small angular fairing....and you've got a 3 wheel version of the my old favourite the Suzuki Katana:
    54_Suzuki_GSX_1100_S_Katana.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Oh yeah!

Deposit down on a Black F3-S and my GS is up for sale. Here's the Spyderlovers link

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ed-Low-Mileage

Update: GS sold on Nov 7th....I'm temporarily spyderless... LINK DELETED
    I am normally NOT a patient individual...this 4-month wait may be the end of me.
    Last edited by Slagiatt; 11-08-2014 at 09:15 AM.
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just don't get the pull to go to the F3...I know the looks are a little more aggressive...and the pedals are forward (pros and cons to this) but the power to weight ratio is not better than the rs/rss models at all... in fact they are worse. So there is no performance advantages (out of the box) to the F3 over the RS/RSS models... unless my math is incorrect....someone please explain why anyone would move to the F3 besides just aggressive styling (which isn't a whole lot)

Spyder Garage

Default f3 S

Placed my order and deposit today for the silver/black with red frame F3 S
    dealer said maybe jan.or February. delivery.

Spyder Garage

Ordered F3-S in September. Been riding a Harley for the past 15 years, but neuropathy has made riding a hazard.
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I like the fact that the F3 has the more efficient engine with less maintainence, but my RSS only has 1000 miles (in 5 weeks) so I am in no hurry to change. Plus, I have yet to even see an F3 in person, but I'll tell you this- I really dig the RSS agressively svelte look. Acceleration and cornering numbers would be interesting to compare.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    Yes but with twin exhausts exiting under the seat or lower down so you can move the pegs back to the RS position. Seat slightly higher. move the bars forward and down, ideally almost 'clip-on' style. small angular fairing....and you've got a 3 wheel version of the my old favourite the Suzuki Katana:
    54_Suzuki_GSX_1100_S_Katana.jpg

Oh yes....one of the most comfortable bikes I had ever ridden. I've no doubt that some enterprising soul will come up with a "rear-set" rig to get the feet back under your rump.

Spyder Garage

I think the F3 is really cool, but with my mods (and ones to come soon) I'm really happy with my RS!
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

Default growing

the F3 is starting to look better n better to me....
    at first, i thought it looked like my
    John Deere lawn tractor.... but the more i look at this beast, the better it's looking....
    who knows, maybe i'll have one in my MAN-CAVE in January.... but i'm keeping my perfectly grand '09 RS/SE5 also....
    dp
    Last edited by SPYD3R; 12-16-2014 at 07:13 PM.