Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's also starting to look better to me, too. But I need a tourer. Now if they'd come out with an RT with the F3 forward controls and low seat . . . won't happen. Or if they come out with a trailer option for the F3 . . . then I might be in.

Over the next few years, we'll see how the F3 shakes out, what farkles BRP and the after-market come up with, etc. By the time I'm ready for a change, there might be a good used one around. Or I could spring for a good used one and keep my RTS, to boot! Yeah, that's the ticket!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They sure do look much better; up close and personal!
    Dan,
    How serious are you about this?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Put down my deposit...

I put a deposit down on an F3-S. Problem is I can't see being without Charlotte (My '08 GS Premiere edition). If i kept my GS AND the F3, that would make us a 3 Spyder household including my gal's ST-L. Not to mention that I still owe many years on the ST-L. Considering that the GS is paid off, i'd still be footing the bill for 2 brand new Spyders...and that price tag is not cheap. As of right now, I will go through with the F3, keep the ST-L, and attempt to keep the GS as well...because she is my 1st Spyder-Love and I can't see being without her. In reality, i'll probably end up selling the GS due to the lack of garage space for a 3rd Spyder, if for no other reason. Saddens me just to think about it.

I have to say though that the F3 performance is more than my GS...even with the juicebox, Elkas all around, Leo Vince exhaust and K&N air filter. 2 test drives of the F3 in which i was allowed to ryde aggressively convinced me of this fact. The 1330 Ace in a body lighter than the RT does wonders for the F3's performance. I like the "relaxed Nanny" as well!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Tony,

Have the same situation as far as how to keep my GS with our other rides in a small space. Two two-wheelies and soon, two Spyders.

Have a two car garage and my car stays in the garage along with our toys. Going to put the GS in frontwards, the F3 in backwards snugging up to the GS. Hubby's BMW at the back next to the garage door. The Springer sideways in front of the GS.

Can't give up my GS. Too many miles, too many memories and it's paid for.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Mine is supposed to be here in February and with the modifications I plan for it,, I think it'll be a great long distance ride for me and the wife.. The beauty of being able to take all the touring crap off to ride it around town is the reason for my switch... I don't want two Spyders..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Spyder Tony,

Have the same situation as far as how to keep my GS with our other rides in a small space. Two two-wheelies and soon, two Spyders.

Have a two car garage and my car stays in the garage along with our toys. Going to put the GS in frontwards, the F3 in backwards snugging up to the GS. Hubby's BMW at the back next to the garage door. The Springer sideways in front of the GS.

It sounds as if it's time, for an addition to the garage...

Spyder Garage

Default Need the Demo Ride

I can't commit to buying any vehicle without driving it first. Things are on hold in that regard for three reasons: 1. I wont be able until my knee is healed and properly loosened up with therapy sessions which will end by about mid January. 2. My dealer probably won't get one until January. 3. The winter weather here in NW Ohio will be bad by that time preventing any kind of riding period. That being said, I'll probably get that demo ride in April, then I can decide whether or not I want to buy one.

Spyder Garage

i want one but i need to see how that can work out with the money thing,getting too many toys and not enough money
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It sounds as if it's time, for an addition to the garage...
    It would be nice to add an addition to the garage but...

No can do. We live in a subdivision that has a Neighborhood Association.

Have to work with what we have.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have to work with what we have.
    Or move!
    2014 RT S SE6 Cognac. Built on 12/20/13.
    2014 VW EOS 2.0 TSI replaced the RT S 5/22/2017

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joy,
    Can you go vertical?
    Put in a lift, and store the bikes over top of the Spyder...

http://www.loft-it.com/

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yazz...I totally agree with you. I can't believe I am contemplating selling a reliable, paid off Premiere Edition Spyder with many farkles for a new Spyder with a hefty monthly payment (In addition to the ST-L I am still paying on). Still working the logistics of how to keep them all. Guess I want to have my cake and eat it too!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Who can blame you for that??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by granpa in Cincy View Post
    Or move!
    In Hubby's career we have owned 13 (my favorite number) houses in 30 something years. Tired of moving, love my home, love our neighbors, not moving.

Joy,
    Can you go vertical?
    Put in a lift, and store the bikes over top of the Spyder...

http://www.loft-it.com/
    If you could see our garage, well it doesn't look as pristine as the video's. Shelves of chemicals and whatnots along one wall and different lengths of ladders on the other wall. Neat idea though...

At Spyder rallies have seen two Spyders parked in one parking spot. Rear wheel to rear wheel. It's doable. Two-wheelies don't take up much space.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    Yazz...I totally agree with you. I can't believe I am contemplating selling a reliable, paid off Premiere Edition Spyder with many farkles for a new Spyder with a hefty monthly payment (In addition to the ST-L I am still paying on). Still working the logistics of how to keep them all. Guess I want to have my cake and eat it too!!!
    I want my cake and eat it too, and I want you to have your cake to eat yours too!

Our garage has a three foot curb at the end of the garage. Maybe to keep a person from punching a hole in the sheetrock with their car? Don't know if you have the curb or not.

On the curb is where the Springer is going with the GS straight on snugged up to it. Thinking if you could get some Harbor Freight vehicle dollies...

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece...ies-67338.html

There are cheaper ones around, but hope you get the idea.

Maybe you could buy three, put the least ridden Spyder on it and turn it sideways to make more room?
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Hope you love the F3 Yazz!.. It's not for me - I've got the RT dialed in for the long haul, and space saved in my garage for my RED Slingshot...
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default very

They sure do look much better; up close and personal!
    Dan,
    How serious are you about this?
    very
    dp

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Hope you love the F3 Yazz!.. It's not for me - I've got the RT dialed in for the long haul, and space saved in my garage for my RED Slingshot...
    There's something for everybody. Different strokes for different folks. Whatever makes you happy is the thing you need.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    very
    dp
    Cool...
    Think "Sports car", and that'll get you in the proper frame of mind for them!

Spyder Garage

Default Two Things

The two things about the F3 that appeal to me are: 1. The foot forward cruiser riding position and lower seat height that goes with it. 2. The 1330 Ace motor with six speed gearbox which is proven to be more efficient and while it has no peak horsepower advantage over the 990 twin it does have a much nicer spread of torque over a broader rpm range. Two things that don't appeal to me are: 1. Lack of space in the frunk, not a deal killer but leads to having to add saddlebags and maybe a topcase which cost extra. 2. The no trailer allowed restriction which would make packing for a long trip with a passenger difficult if not impossible. I consider adding a windshield less of a negative as I usually change windshields on bikes that already have them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If storage capacity for extended trips is an issue; perhaps an RT would better suit your needs...

Spyder Garage

Default RT vs. F3

The storage on the RT is second to none and definitely hits it comfort-wise in everything but legroom for me. Highway pegs do a lot to alleviate that issue but the only problem with them is in covering the brake pedal. The second or whatever it takes to move your foot from the highway peg to the brake pedal could mean several dozen to maybe over 100 feet to get stopped depending on your speed. That brings up the ISCI hand brake, which I feel should be there if highway pegs are used. Between that and a BajaRon anti-sway bar the RT could be made near perfect for me. The F3, on the other hand has the footrest postion already there, no hand brake needed although floorboards would allow more room to move my feet around than on pegs which lock your legs into a fixed position. So in adding floorboards, a windshield, saddlebags and maybe a trunk I would be at or above the cost of an RT-S and well above a base RT. Cost-wise yes an RT would fill the bill much better as a two up tourer. My riding is about 75% solo and about 90% local rides within a 40 to 50 mile radius. Long trips two up just do not occur much at all. Maybe an RT would change that and maybe it wouldn't, depends on the wife. For the vast majority of my riding miles an F3 would work just fine, maybe without the floorboards or the trunk. There again, cost will be a major factor in deciding between the two, but only after I demo ride an F3.
    Last edited by den1953; 12-19-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are sure going to have to do some serious head-scratching...
    Good Luck sorting all of it out!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    The storage on the RT is second to none and definitely hits it comfort-wise in everything but legroom for me. Highway pegs do a lot to alleviate that issue but the only problem with them is in covering the brake pedal. The second or whatever it takes to move your foot from the highway peg to the brake pedal could mean several dozen to maybe over 100 feet to get stopped depending on your speed. That brings up the ISCI hand brake, which I feel should be there if highway pegs are used. Between that and a BajaRon anti-sway bar the RT could be made near perfect for me. The F3, on the other hand has the footrest postion already there, no hand brake needed although floorboards would allow more room to move my feet around than on pegs which lock your legs into a fixed position. So in adding floorboards, a windshield, saddlebags and maybe a trunk I would be at or above the cost of an RT-S and well above a base RT. Cost-wise yes an RT would fill the bill much better as a two up tourer. My riding is about 75% solo and about 90% local rides within a 40 to 50 mile radius. Long trips two up just do not occur much at all. Maybe an RT would change that and maybe it wouldn't, depends on the wife. For the vast majority of my riding miles an F3 would work just fine, maybe without the floorboards or the trunk. There again, cost will be a major factor in deciding between the two, but only after I demo ride an F3.
    You have enough points in favor of both that you may need to do a coin toss, or play "dealer roulette." (Take the one the dealer has in the color you like best)?

Here are a few more, just to make your choice "easier."

: The F3 is going to make those who buy it feel a bit "younger."

: The price, if you don't go to farkle happy, will be a bit less. If you decide to "dude" it up, you can spend as much or more than an RT.

: Do you want a Charger or a Cadillac?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jut for giggles; I went to BRP's website, and equipped an F-3 for touring...
    I got to $29,100 dollars or so, and had to quit...

Spyder Garage

Jut for giggles; I went to BRP's website, and equipped an F-3 for touring...
    I got to $29,100 dollars or so, and had to quit...
    BRP did manage to HD or GW it with all the possible accessories. I would not play that game again either.

They do have some very "snazzy" stuff though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red