Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2014 RT-Ltd

Spyder Garage

Well pairing went well as stated above but can't seem to get the unit function totally correctly. Only get sound out of left channel for music and phone and microphones don't seem to function at all. Also I thought I would be able to connect iPhone, iPod for music and GPS for directions. Never planned on using intercom function with this helmet. So far I can't connect both the phone and iPod at the same time, one or the other only. Haven't tried GPS. Have the unit on charge right now. May have wasted a bunch of effort, time and $90. Although there is a 30 day satisfaction guaranteed. And two year warranty.

Spyder Phyl
    2014 RT-Ltd, Cognac and Timeless Black 2010 RT-622 trailer.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I emailed Uclear support and got a response pretty quickly. Seems there a particular way to pair multiple devices that was not in the manual. At least I didn't see it there.
    1. When pairing to multiple devises, you will need to turn both devises off after they are paired. This saves the pairing in the Uclear permanent memory. This also keeps the Uclear from trying to auto pair to the other devises while your setting up the pairings for other devises. It should go like this.

a. Pair the Uclear to the GPS
    b. Turn both off.
    c. Turn the Uclear on and pair to the Ipod.
    d. Turn them both off.
    e. Turn the UClear on and pair with the phone.
    f. Turn the Uclear off.

From here you can turn the Uclear back on, and everything else back on. To get the Uclear to pull from the Ipod instead of the phone for media, you have to turn off the music function on the bluetooth connection. You can get to there from settings, bluetooth, HBC100plus connection. This should have options for the type of connection you want. You should only have phone selected.
    I will reset the controller and start over later today. I still have the problem of sound only coming out of left channel and mic(s) that don't seem to function.

Spyder Phyl
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Another email from Uclear this morning after my reply late last night clarifying the speaker/mic problem and I have new speakers on the way.

Spyder Phyl
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Well I cannot get this unit to pair with more than one device at a time using the method they told me should work. I think that it's beyond its capabilities to do this. I have emailed them again to confirm my suspicions and exchange it (at the additional cost) for one that will pair to my GPS, iPod and iPhone. I haven't heard back but I only just sent the email. Oh and they were going to send me new speakers but I did get both of them working by pushing real hard on the connector to get it to seat all the way into the controller. I would really like to go wireless so hope this works out.

Spyder Phyl
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT-Ltd

I got a reply and they are sending me "loaner" unit to try get to pair with all three devices. They didn't specify exactly which one but I suspect it will be the HBC100 Plus which has better specs and I requested an exchange for. It cost $159.95 vs the HBC100 which was $89.95 on sale for the 4th of July and normally $119.95. They said I would prolly have it by Monday. Hopefully their right and it works the way I want it to.

Spyder Phyl
    Last edited by pwilbarger; 07-11-2015 at 02:00 PM.
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT-Ltd

I tried the Lamonster Garage Black Dymond Detailer again this morning. I used it a month or so ago and was a little underwhelmed. It seemed like it took a lot of effort to get the film off the finish. Today it seemed to go better. I used two terry cloth towels this time versus microfiber towels. Used one towel to do the cleaning and bug removal and the second one to do the final buff and polish. This method seemed to work good and the roadster looks pretty sparkly. Still it's pretty expensive stuff especially if you have to have it shipped. The one can I bought cost me $18 to have it delivered. I can buy a can of OBS at my local dealer for about half that or just use soap and water for a lot less. Both BDD and OBS are good for road trips when you don't have access to a bike wash station.

Spyder Phyl
    Last edited by pwilbarger; 07-13-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT-Ltd

I never was able to get all my devices to connect to theHBC100. I emailed Uclear again Friday and told them I thought it was that the 100 was just not able or capable of connecting more than one device at a time since it was an entry level unit. I said I wanted to exchange it for the 100+ or the 156 if those would work with all my devices and I would pay the extra cost. They said before I did that they would send me a "loaner" to try.
    I received a HBC100+ in the mail today. I worked with it all afternoon and got all three devices to connect one time. I turned everything off except my phone and started them back up in the order that would happen when ryding the Spyder. And again all the devices wouldn't connect. GRRR! I could connect two devices consistently but never all three. I even tried connecting the phone thru the GPS but the audio was terrible. I resigned myself to purchasing lightening to 30 pin adapter and use in place of the iPod for music. But by this time all my devices and the 100+ was running out of power so everything went on chargers. I would give it last try after everything was at full power.
    A few hours later everything was ready soon unplugged and started over so I thought. The HBC100+ would turn on! I fooled with it for about 10 minutes and got it started but it was in discovery mood. I was able to shut it off and restart it. I started with the GPS as instructed and got it paired and shut everything off. Next was the iPod. The 100+ would not turn on again! That was the last straw. I put everything back in the box and emailed Uclear for an RMA# or what ever I need to return both units and get a refund. It was after 6:00 so prolly won't here anything until tomorrow. I think I'm done with this dream of wireless. I've got wired headsets that work fine with Spyder. I just thought it would be nice to not have plugin every time I went for a ryde. I certainly don't need all this aggravation. Bye-bye Bluetooth. I'm sticking with what I have that works.

Spyder Phyl
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT-Ltd

Okay this experiment was a failure. Shipped both units back this afternoon. Not sure if it was Uclear or me. It wasn't a complete failure since I learned I will prolly not be converting to Bluetooth any time soon. [emoji30]

Spyder Phyl
    Last edited by pwilbarger; 07-16-2015 at 02:36 PM.
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Latest farkle. Spyderpops trailer hitch splash plate. Looks great! Hope I don't get to test it anytime soon. We've had enough rain already. The website says it's sturdy enough to mount flagpoles. Has any one done this? If so what did you use? Thanks.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437075460.763048.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437075476.930208.jpg

Spyder Phyl
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Added these a few weeks ago and just getting around to posting. About a 15 minute install.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442689093.191773.jpg

Spyder Phyl
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I was checking over the RT-L the other day and to my surprise the rear tire is just about gone. It's just starting to get down to the wear bars with only 8400 miles on it. Wow! My 2010 RT had 14000 when I replaced the rear tire due to a piece of metal stuck in it. I could have gone a little farther if not for that. I stopped at my dealer Friday and they're 2 weeks out for a appointment to get it replaced ($135 labor and $147 for the tire). I'll go a couple weeks and get it replaced towards the end of June.

Spyder Phyl
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Well the end of June turned into the second week in July but by that time the dealer was really busy. Finally got the new tire on July 27.

Spyder Phyl
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on finally getting your new tire nailed in place!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

This is why I learned how to take the rear wheel off myself. There is no regular tire store that will hold you up that long and a Spyder dealer shouldn't either. Even if you want a genuine Spyder tire on the back of your Spyder anybody can swap old for new if you bring them the wheel and tire. Watch finlessbob video on removing the rear wheel without disturbing the belt tension or alignment,works like a charm.

I bet even if you wanted your dealer to do the tire swap if you brought him the wheel he could do it over night.I do not understand the thinking behind holding on to a vehicle 2 weeks just to swap out a tire.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post

I bet even if you wanted your dealer to do the tire swap if you brought him the wheel he could do it over night.I do not understand the thinking behind holding on to a vehicle 2 weeks just to swap out a tire.
    They didn't have it for two weeks. They were so busy I couldn't get an appointment for two weeks. I dropped it off first thing in the morning and walked to breakfast. They were done in a few hours. Shudda been quicker but they are famous for over booking their appointments and they only have one Spyder tech.

Spyder Phyl
    SpyderPhyl

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Farkles Installed in 2016

Spyderfest

By Pitbull Powersports
    Baja Ron Anti Sway Bar
    Custom Dynamics HMT/Brake Light

By Lamonster Garage
    Spyder Cuff with Ram X Grip Phone Holder