Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Mr. Cognac comes to Boerne, TX

I traded Big Red 1, my 2011 RT-S in for a 2014 RT-Ltd yesterday. Took a short ride and it is 30% better than my 2011. It handles and rides better, stronger with the larger engine and smoother transmission...looks like a keeper.

Went out this morning for a quick ride and the battery was dead. I had plugged my battery tender into the trunk outlet as I always did on BR1, turned and walked to the house. This morning my dash lights were on (ignition switch off, duh) and it just clicked. I tried to get to the battery in the frunk, but can not figure how to get to it even after reading the manual...not sure what screws to remove. I ain't too sharp on these things and don't want to mess up Mr. Cognac. Help Thanks

I also posted under HELP....ha ha Pics soon....as soon as I remember how to post.....

George Lewis, Boerne, TX
    Last edited by Mr. White; 10-13-2014 at 10:02 AM.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    I traded Big Red 1, my 2011 RT-S in for a 2014 RT-Ltd yesterday. Took a short ride and it is 30% better than my 2011. It handles and rides better, stronger with the larger engine and smoother transmission...looks like a keeper.

Went out this morning for a quick ride and the battery was dead. I had plugged my battery tender into the trunk outlet as I always did on BR1, turned and walked to the house. This morning my dash lights were on (ignition switch off, duh) and it just clicked. I tried to get to the battery in the frunk, but can not figure how to get to it even after reading the manual...not sure what screws to remove. I ain't too sharp on these things and don't want to mess up Mr. Cognac. Help Thanks

I also posted under HELP....ha ha Pics soon.
    You can move one fuse over one slot and then use your charger in the trunk as you always have. Check your owners manual for the fuse number.

How long was the bike left that it discharged? It should be able to sit for WEEKS without need for a trickle charger. My 2013 does and your 14 has a much improved charging system.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

George, if you need help give me a call 832-221-6303.

Daryl

Spyder Garage

sorry to hear of your problem introduction....
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Oh no! Keep us updated! And congratulations!
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

on your new 2014. It looks like others have given a lot of good advice on the re-charging of the battery in your other thread.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I drained the battery when I plugged the battery tender in the trunk outle without changing the fuse locaton....in my dark barn I could not see the panel to get to the battery to charge it. Doc-Riverside guided me on another thread and my battery is charging now and I have moved the fuse over one slot so I can charge through the trunk outlet. All is well. Mr. Cognac and I thank all of you. Pics later.

Last edited by Mr. White; 10-12-2014 at 06:13 PM.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramsail View Post
    George, if you need help give me a call 832-221-6303.

Daryl
    Thanks, Daryl. No problem now...battery is coming up...I did not read Chapter14 to change that fuse....ha ha See ya Friday.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

Glad you got it worked out. Mine has not yet needed a charge. hadn't heard of the fuse change. Is it something I should do? I ride every week and almost every day.
    3:16

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mtdoragary View Post
    Glad you got it worked out. Mine has not yet needed a charge. hadn't heard of the fuse change. Is it something I should do? I ride every week and almost every day.
    I have a habit of charging my batteries on all of my vehicles fairly often...I think it helps their life. This is a new battery and I charge new batteries 24 hours before using....on my 2011 I plugged the tender into the trunk outlet and did so on my new one.....however, a fuse must be changed to make the trunk outlet hot....so I drained the battery and was not sure how to get to the battery, now in the frunk...with the help of these guys, I am good and Mr. Cognak is being charged while I write this...the fuse info is in your manual around page 140 or so....you move the fuse one position and then you can charge from the trunk.....much easier that through the frunk.... Some do not agree with my charging schedule but I am 82 years old and do as I please....ha ha I ride in west Texas sometimes and a dead battery would be a problem as I sometimes go where there is no cell or people. My motto is a good charge never hurt a battery....I also trade my batteries out every three years for the previous reason....ditto on my motor home.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post

I also posted under HELP....ha ha Pics soon.
    George
    Call Rocky you are close .
    lights staying on should be that pesky ign problem under warranty. I would think.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yelhelp View Post
    George
    Call Rocky you are close .
    lights staying on should be that pesky ign problem under warranty. I would think.
    Oh, yes, Rocky is a long time friend...I am less than two miles from Coyote Powersports. However, when I plugged my tender into the trunk plug (without changing the fuse) it turned on the dash lights....When I unplugged it and they went off. Then I charged the battery in the frunk and all is working as it should and did not come on again. Something to do with the trunk outlet and that fuse. All is well now. Thanks.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

George, I'm glad you got the problem worked out. Im looking forward to meeting you at the Hill Country Ride
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    George, I'm glad you got the problem worked out. Im looking forward to meeting you at the Hill Country Ride
    I look forward to meeting you. If you have not been here before, you will really enjoy our hill country....just great riding. If you want a real treat going home, take Hwy 90 west out of San Antonio through the desert to Marathon, turn south and go through the Big Bend Nat'l Park....beautiful....

My problem was self induced...I read about changing the fuse to charge through the trunk, but forgot and screwed things up. I am now on track....it is hell getting old.

Last edited by Mr. White; 10-14-2014 at 10:12 AM.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

George,
    I didn't recognize you; hiding behind the new name!
    on the new ride! This little hiccup will be soon forgotten!
    Cognac up... ...Drink!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cognac View Post
    I look forward to meeting you. If you have not been here before, you will really enjoy our hill country....just great riding. If you want a real treat going home, take Hwy 90 west out of San Antonio through the desert to Marathon, turn south and go through the Big Bend Nat'l Park....beautiful....

My problem were self induced...I read about changing the fuse to charge through the trunk, but forgot and screwed things up. I am now on track....it is hell getting old.

Ditto on Hiway 90 and Big Bend. A real treat is the old historic Gage Hotel and it's 5 star restaurant in Marathon.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    George,
    I didn't recognize you; hiding behind the new name!
    on the new ride! This little hiccup will be soon forgotten!
    Cognac up... ...Drink!
    Ha ha Self induced small problem Bob. Yes, I am now Mr. Cognac, BR1 is gone. Punkin' said he likes Mr. Cognac and his color....harmony in the barn finally. ha ha I am having LaMont change my signature photos....removing my 2011 and putting in Cognac. I have not posted pics for several years and have forgotten how...any help in this area would be appreciated. I have them on "photos" on my laptop but have not transferred them....do I need to?? It is hell getting old....ha ha

Last edited by Mr. White; 10-13-2014 at 10:00 AM.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pictures...
    When you've got this box in front of you, that pops up when replying to a message; you've got a whole bunch of "things" to click on right above the box where all of your tYpInG MissSteaks go...
    The Middle one (With "B,I, and U" at the start of it.)... That's the FIRST box with commands in it; Go to the FOURTH box with Commands. If you roll your cursor over the pictures; you'll see that they're labelled "Link", "Unlink", "Insert Image", and "Insert Video".
    "Click on "Insert Image"... That'll open up another Box for you.... The top left; make sure that "From Computer" is the button that is pushed, and then click on "Basic Uploader", on the lower right hand corner.
    THAT opens up another Box...
    This one is called "Insert Image" Click on the "Browse" Button in about the middle of it.
    That should take you back into your own computer's guts... go find the picture that you want, and select it. Once you've done that, it'll bring you back to this "Insert Image" box... click on the "Upload Files" button, that is underneath the link that just got imported from your c0mputer...
    That'll bring each image up into the dialog box for you.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations..!!

sorry about this minor hurddle but you will be rolling again and enjoying all the improvements...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bob Denman;888992]Pictures...
    When you've got this box in front of you, that pops up when replying to a message; you've got a whole bunch of "things" to click on right above the box where all of your tYpInG MissSteaks go...

Again, thanks Bob. I owe you a cold drink of your choice. I will work it after the football game.... George

P.S. Mr Cognic says he will really appreciate having his photos on Spyderlovers....

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA