Thread: Dealer in OR

Spyder Garage

Question Dealer in OR

Does anyone have a recommendation of a good dealership in Oregon or N. CA. I have some things I would like to have checked and have some "new owner" questions. Also are there any clubs, riding groups etc in So OR? Thanks for any information. - Gary C

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hognut View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation of a good dealership in Oregon or N. CA. I have some things I would like to have checked and have some "new owner" questions. Also are there any clubs, riding groups etc in So OR? Thanks for any information. - Gary C

Can't help with dealers, but any newbie questions can be answered on this forum and generally better than a dealer can answer.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Cruzr is right. Most of the time you will get better informed answers from SL members than a lot of dealers.

There are some very seasoned/experienced riders here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

was in Eureaka for spyders in the redwoods and there were some dealers in that area. Check with brp dealers or download Rattigan Rogers free app for android "spyder codes" for apple "my spyder" he has a listing for dealers as well. Agree with above on the newbie questions....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the posts to my question. I have a number of questions I wanted to ask about. The two that seem to be problems are:

1. When I go to the trip display and press the down button it will not clear the miles to zero in either trip A or B. On the settings screen the down switch does not seem to work there also.
    2. Intermittently when I turn on the key switch I get the black can-am screen and then the "read card" screen comes on for 1 or 2 seconds and then an orange blank screen for a second then back and froth every second between the two screens. This will continue until I turn the key off. when I turn the key back on everything works ok. This happens every few days one or twice then wont happen for a few more days. It has happened when the bike is cold and when I shut it off while riding and then tried to start it again. Like stopping for gas etc...

I also had some questions on alignment, suspension adjustment, tire pressures, where the tool kit is under the seat and how the side panels come off. When I took the spyder in for the 500 mile service I told them I had some questions but they said they were to busy to answer questions after the service. I was hoping to find someone in the So OR area who knows a dealer with more customer service savy and would be able to help.

Spyder Garage

Question #1. There is a pause/resume function on the buttons. When the tripmeters are showing the word "pause" they are in the functioning position. When they show "resume" they are paused.

Tricky, but that is the way they work. The upper button of the four directional buttons puts the tripmeters into the pause/resume function--the bottom button will clear the register. The right button on the cluster will scroll between meter A and B.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Question #2. Sounds like you may have an electronic glitch here.
    When starting fresh and cold, the screen should remain black throughout the boot up process. It will then go to the screen that says to read the safety card. Press the mode button and you should then go to the operating screen.

If you stop for a gas refill, you usually have about five minutes or so that allows a restart without pushing the mode button. The screen will automatically go to the operating screen.

It is disappointing to hear that you dealer did not have time to answer your questions because they were too busy. They are not high on my list of customer oriented dealers.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The best dealer (so far) is Pro Caliber, the newest dealer is Power Motorsports in Sublimity, OR (all Waaay to the North of you). I know Kat used to praise Watersports in your area, but I have never had any contact with them.

It is true that your best source of info is here -

Regarding the trip reset - it's a quick/short push on the bottom button to reset. Holding it in creats a different action.
    The Nanny on all the Spyders I've owned allow a few minutes after shut down to restart without needing to press the ECO/Mode button. As you reach the end of the time limit, I've seen the Nanny screen, and the bike will still start....

Let me know if you ever head North..
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    The best dealer (so far) is Pro Caliber, the newest dealer is Power Motorsports in Sublimity, OR (all Waaay to the North of you). I know Kat used to praise Watersports in your area, but I have never had any contact with them.

It is true that your best source of info is here -

Regarding the trip reset - it's a quick/short push on the bottom button to reset. Holding it in creats a different action.
    The Nanny on all the Spyders I've owned allow a few minutes after shut down to restart without needing to press the ECO/Mode button. As you reach the end of the time limit, I've seen the Nanny screen, and the bike will still start....

Let me know if you ever head North..
    Thank you. I will try the quick push tomorrow. The screen swapping occurs before pushing the mode button. Once it starts nothing seems to work except turning the key off for a few seconds then the normal start procedure works. Is there a way to check the front tire alignment that I can do?

Thank you for any help.

Spyder Garage

I would really go to procaliber in vancover wa, see Shawn their. He is the best man for Spyders in oregon and wash.

Spyder Garage

Question Screen flashing problem

I found the problem (I think) with the "read the card" screen and the orange screen blinking back and forth. I took the fuse covers off and pushed all the fuses in and a few were a little loose. It appears that it may have been a loose fuse as the problem seems to have stopped.

Spyder Garage

Pro Caliber is very good, but I'd opt for a closer dealer, and work with them, if you can. I sold my 2010 Spyder because the closest dealer was Pro Caliber, and I'm lots closer than you are.

After I get the sway bar installed, I'm going to want the have my RT aligned, and I don't think we have any choice other than PC - but that's all I'll have them do. Everything else will be done by my local dealer.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member