Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comfort seat

Spyder Garage

Default My two cents..!!

on our RS it has worked great. Those extra inches for the driver gives me wiggle room and the higher more level passenger section made it nicer for her. Better viewing and less helmet knocking. Now everyone is different so if you can try one (fellow ryder or club member) you could get a better idea. There are many seats out there but I can only speak for this one....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I didn't know about Airhawk. I went to their site. I thought they made Spyder seats. It appears they just make Seat Cushions. That would only be as a last resort. Is there a way to put the seat cushion inside under the seat skin? That might work.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder seat

Quote Originally Posted by golfsferr View Post
    I didn't know about Airhawk. I went to their site. I thought they made Spyder seats. It appears they just make Seat Cushions. That would only be as a last resort. Is there a way to put the seat cushion inside under the seat skin? That might work.
    Airhawk is indeed an air bag. You but few puffs air into it, sit on it and let a little air out until you "sit in it, not on it". (Advice given by another Can Am rider.)

I can and have run tank to tank on it with very little discomfort.

I don't know about putting the air bag under the skin, guess if your willing to pony up somebody would do it for you.

Spyder Garage

Ultimate Seats told me that they will have a "tall boy" seat for the ST in a few weeks that seats the driver 2" rearward. Their seats seem to be reasonably priced so in a few weeks I'll contact them and hope this new seat is in line pricing wise with their current offerings. I may have to "pull the trigger" on it.

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Tall Boy or Corbin

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I am 6'4" with long legs and weigh 180, so I don't put a huge load on the seat. Nevertheless, the two inch rearward movement of the lumbar support on the Comfort Seat gave my lower legs a position much more comfortable than the stock one. Two plus hours riding the new Spyder home and my tail felt like an afternoon of couch potato relaxation. FWIW, the price difference between the Comfort Seat and an Ultimate Tall Boy, Corbin or Russell Day-Long was a serious consideration. YMMV.
    Is the Ultimate Tall Boy or Corbin a type of seat like the Russell Day Long? I am 6'4", 210 lbs. Niether the Comfort seat or the stock ST limited seat work well for me was looking into other options. Have heard about the Russell Day-long seat haven't heard about any others? dsed.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Comfort seat

Does anyone have any experience with the CanAm Spyder comfort seat from BRP?
    Is it significantly better than stock seat? Thanks

I bought into the COMFORT SEAT and was disappointed, It ain't comfy. I'm using an AIRHAWK R air seat and all is good now.

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have any experience with the CanAm Spyder comfort seat from BRP?
    Is it significantly better than stock seat? Thanks

I have the BRP comfort seat and backrest. I like it a lot. Also have a full sheepskin cover from Sheepskin Factory.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

For me the stock seat was more comfortable then the "Comfort Seat" I'm 6'4" 210lbs. Just another opinion.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket seats

I purchased and installed the mid-rider seat from Ultimate. I've got a 2013 ST SE5. It's a great seat and very comfortable. It puts me about two inches closer to the handlebars than I was on the stock seat… which I got used to very quickly. The passenger sits a few inches higher than the driver, and you can purchase adjustable backrests for both - which I did. There are versions for taller and shorter drivers… I fall the in latter category. I'm very happy with the seat, and the install was easy, since there is a step-by-step video on YouTube of the entire install process.