Thread: P1030 code.

Spyder Garage

Default P1030 code.

I got the bike back from the dealer today[5k svc] went for about a 50 mile ride and stopped for gas.
    the check engine light came on but it didn't go in into limp mode about a mi. from the house.
    Will riding it tomorrow send it into limp mode?

Spyder Garage

That is an ECM code I would ride it...back to the dealer (if it will make it that far).
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default P1030on

Howdy, Tuck here. P1030 has to do with upstream oxygen sensor or a multitude of follow-on things.
    Might want to stay within towing distance with that one. I've been fighting p0174 for months, or really the warning light, orange eng light and no code. Basically the code refers to "left eng bank lean" and then on to phase of the moon and many other things, including ox sensors because they are there.
    Stay semi close and get it to your dealer soon as you can. OX sensor was the only thing that ever got my 1800 Gold Wing towed - hint, hint.

Tuck

Spyder Garage

Default code

Strange it would happen right after a service. running great before that.

Spyder Garage

it's not the first time a dealer has sent a Spyder home in worse condition than they received it.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TuckMiddle View Post
    Howdy, Tuck here. P1030 has to do with upstream oxygen sensor or a multitude of follow-on things.
    Might want to stay within towing distance with that one. I've been fighting p0174 for months, or really the warning light, orange eng light and no code. Basically the code refers to "left eng bank lean" and then on to phase of the moon and many other things, including ox sensors because they are there.
    Stay semi close and get it to your dealer soon as you can. OX sensor was the only thing that ever got my 1800 Gold Wing towed - hint, hint.

Tuck
    My problem with P0174 went away forever after doing a canisterectomy.
    2013 RTS SE5
    2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700

Spyder Garage

Default P1030

The dealer forgot to plug wires back into the sensor. It doesn't show up on the self test, so after about 30 miles and stop for gas. [check engine].
    Trip to the dealer to drop it off.
    Another trip to the dealer to pick it up.
    They did say they were sorry.
    I just hope we're all good for a 6 state trip in 2 weeks.