Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Travel Trunk Lid Lid Locking Pins Migrated

Just returned home from an enjoyable ride and went to put some stuff away and the travel trunk lid would not open. You could feel the double latches release but the lid felt like it was catching or caught on some thing.

Shutting the lid back down in the lid lock position. With one hand I pulled the latch release handle and with the other I pulled up the lid as far as it would come. Which was not far then using both hands on the bottom edge I gave it a snatch and it came loose.

Upon investigation I found one of the latch pins half way down and the other just starting to move. Going to keep a watch on them as they seemed to be semi loose but snug feeling as I repositioned them back to normal. I may have to epoxy them or find something or someway to keep them in position.

ya'll take a look at yours and you might not have to worry but you might just catch a headache before it becomes a real PITA
    Last edited by Bob Ledford; 10-04-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Caught a misspelling I missed during the review

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the warning; my eyes will be W i d e open!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black