Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

"next idiotic question i have: BUCKLED UP ON A BIKE....???? are your politicians crazier than those in the USA....???? i thought we had the market on nutty politicians....."
    Well that was my thought too but apparently politicians, where ever, are just crazy?????????
    2020 F3S , Matte black

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OK lets try to explain it this way:
    you go to a bar, pick up a 'hot' girl, take her home & do monkey flips with her & ride her all night. Now yes it
    would be more enjoyable to not wear a helmet, but with today's diseases do you want to chance it? I'm sure
    she is almost a virgin that is why she is going home with you after only 8 shots & 3 glasses of wine.

I wear a helmet when i am on my yamaha, or bicycle. I have a friend who is a state trooper & one
    who is a dr. at a hospital & i have heard the tragedies of no helmet on either head.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    you go to a bar, pick up a 'hot' girl, take her home & do monkey flips with her & ride her all night. Now yes it
    would be more enjoyable to not wear a helmet, but with today's diseases do you want to chance it? I'm sure
    she is almost a virgin that is why she is going home with you after only 8 shots & 3 glasses of wine.

I wear a helmet when i am on my yamaha, or bicycle. I have a friend who is a state trooper & one
    who is a dr. at a hospital & i have heard the tragedies of no helmet on either head.
    Ok,Ok, I've been out of the loop for awhile (married 52 years). What is a bar and what is a virgin ?

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

the virgin is what we have to sell in order to afford an rt-s, a bar is the 2.2lb thing of gold we sell if we don't
    have a virgin.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CasN View Post
    Do not exactly know where ATHATT or ATGATT stands for but assume something like "always where protective stuff like a helmet".
    I don't know what ATHATT means either - I think he made that one up. But... ATGATT is a long-standing acronym in this forum. It stands for "All those god-awful tortuous togs".
    Last edited by robmorg; 09-29-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

the virgin is what we have to sell in order to afford an rt-s, a bar is the 2.2lb thing of gold we sell if we don't
    have a virgin.
    Phew...good. I don't have to worry about it and just keep my ST L and WEAR MY HELMET.

Spyder Garage

Hi Bob,

Re: Bugstrikes aren't much fun either...

That clip reminds me of an incident in France back in '63. I owned a '56 Porsche coupe and was 'flying' along a country, 2-lane road. Came up over a small rise & straight in a serious flock of bees.

They completely covered the windshield; so now I'm frantically trying to slow down some, get the windshield wipers going, and trying to remember what in the H*** was farther down the road.

The wipers got most of them off, enough that I could get back to the base and wash the car.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    the feeling is great... granted...
    however, imagine the feeling of your head hitting the road in an accident.....
    i'll wear a helmet EVERY TIME even tho South Carolina does not require one...
    i also think State should NOT have the Right to dictate this to it's citizens... it should be between you and your insurance company... (if they will or will not pay medical expenses for a head injury if no helmet is worn)...

next idiotic question i have:
    BUCKLED UP ON A BIKE....???? are your politicians crazier than those in the USA....???? i thought we had the market on nutty politicians.....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R
    I couldn't agree more. I always rode ATGATT when I was on two wheels. The helmet probably saved my life in the one accident I did have. Instead of a possibly fatal concussion, all I got was a scratched helmet. Today, I rarely ride ATGATT on my , but that's mainly because I ride Ozarks backroads where the traffic is very light. I do, however, always wear a helmet. If I'm in an accident, it will probably be because some jacka$$ was texting and hit me head on. Almost happened two weeks ago. In that case, ATGATT won't help much.

States should not dictate helmet use, but if they don't, insurance companies should be free to determine if they want to insure those who don't wear helmets and the additional premium they will charge.

Lastly, I can think of nothing more ridiculous than being strapped, unprotected to a 1,000 pound vehicle which is liable to roll over me several times because of my attachment to it.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Spyder Garage

When Florida repealed the helmet law, I rode bareheaded for a while. Then a cab pulled out in front of my buddy and he t-boned it and flew over the cab landing face first in the road, breaking his full-face helmet. he's alive because of it. I still only wear a full-face on the coldest winter days, but I ALWAYS wear a helmet! It's just plain stupid not to! Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. Now flame away!
    3:16

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not really sure what you're saying...

...But it started out pretty!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Helmet or no....no decision for me!

I would be dead or worse if I wasn't wearing a helmet when a car operated by a lost driver following a gps turned left in front of me. I woke up in an air ambulance being flown to a trauma centre with no memory of the accident. As it was I have undergone three years of various therapies. I have enjoyed life and looking forward to riding my new RTL next year because of a DOT approved helmet.
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

First, whether you wear a helmet or not is up to you.

That being said, however...

My life has been saved by a good helmet twice. It is MY OPINION that it is stupid beyond belief not to wear a helmet. Since 1968 I have NEVER ridden without a helmet.

But it's still up to the rider.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    I agree the feeling of not wearing a helmet is very nice. I wear one all the time regardless of where I am. I do sometimes slack on my riding pants, so am ATGMOTT

You ride with no pants?????????????? That's just not right.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I managed to "Have a Dance" with a Buick back in 1980...
    A Snell 75 Arai, saved me from staring at the roots of the lawn...
    I was flipped up over the length of the car (A double forward flup; by the way... my riding buddy said that it looked cool as Hell!), and planted my forhead into the pavement. (I also had enough hang time, to figure out that my leg was busted, and to watch out for it during the landing...)
    I remained conscious throughout the impact, flight, landing, and the argument with the ambulance crew as to whether or not they were gonna cut the boot off of me!
    They were a damn fine set of Sidi boots... I didn't want to lose them.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 09-29-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Got a fix...

No helmet, No heaven.

Well, instead of an owners manual, just bring your King James Bible.

You can still hope. Even if you have no faith?

Pray for Protection from St. Christopher.

Chas

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I remained conscious throughout the impact, flight, landing, and the argument with the ambulance crew as to whether or not they were gonna cut the boot off of me!
    They were a damn fine set of Sidi boots... I didn't want to lose them.
    Just curious.... who won that argument?
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did! While they were jawing at me; I was unhooking the boot...
    Finally, I just got mad enough to yank it off, right in front of them...
    I thought that the younger one was gonna puke!

Spyder Garage

would be more enjoyable to not wear a helmet, but with today's diseases do you want to chance it?
    I've never heard the argument for wearing a helmet put quite that way before. But, it is a good analogy!

I'm not an ATGATT guy. But I DO always wear a helmet when I ride, even though it is not mandatory in my state. However, I would never presume to tell anyone else that they should too. (Unless he was an extremely good friend. )
    Last edited by robmorg; 09-29-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Default not here!

I choose NOT to wear one , the great state of texas gave me that option. besides- a helmet or body armor short of jousting in medieval days isn't for me! when your time is up none of that matters...and I apologize to any one in advance for my comment, dont want to offend anyone,, I do get my feelings hurt when someone pops off insinuating we are stupid for not wearing helmets though..
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

Default CRAZYSPYD3R

Quote Originally Posted by crazyspyder View Post
    I choose NOT to wear one , the great state of texas gave me that option. besides- a helmet or body armor short of jousting in medieval days isn't for me! when your time is up none of that matters...and I apologize to any one in advance for my comment, dont want to offend anyone,, I do get my feelings hurt when someone pops off insinuating we are stupid for not wearing helmets though..

CRAZYSPYD3R, i've used the term, "you are stupid" blah blah blah... but what i, and others, really mean, is the 'stupid' would apply to us, based on what we know and feel about the situation... we ALL have different opinions, and as the saying goes, "most of them stink".... we aren't attacking you and those that think differently than opposite thinkers... 'YES', I have done things in my life that i knew i should not have done, and luckily i've survived... but i've also ended up with stitches, black-n-blues, and broken bones because i did something
    I KNEW I SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT, THE WAY I DID THEM.... Example: grinding a cutting tool without safety glasses knowing i should have worn them, and ending up in the doctors office having a piece of grinding wheel removed from my eye....
    don't take it personal CRAZY... we all say, and do things based on OUR belief, and have NO RIGHT to impose those beliefs on others...
    HOWEVER, PLEASE BE EXTRA CAREFUL WHEN RIDING.... we want you around for a long long time....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R
    Last edited by SPYD3R; 09-29-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default its all good

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post

CRAZYSPYD3R, i've used the term, "you are stupid" blah blah blah... but what i, and others, really mean, is the 'stupid' would apply to us, based on what we know and feel about the situation... we ALL have different opinions, and as the saying goes, "most of them stink".... we aren't attacking you and those that think differently than opposite thinkers... 'YES', I have done things in my life that i knew i should not have done, and luckily i've survived... but i've also ended up with stitches, blank-n-blues, and broken bones because i did something
    I KNEW I SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THEY WAY I DID THEM.... Example: grinding a cutting tool without safety glasses knowing i should have worn them, and ending up in the doctors office having a piece of grinding wheel removed from my eye....
    don't take it personal CRAZY... we all say, and do things based on OUR belief, and have NO RIGHT to impose those beliefs on others...
    HOWEVER, PLEASE BE EXTRA CAREFUL WHEN RIDING.... we want you around for a long long time....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R
    it's all good bro. , I respect every ones thoughts and opinions!
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

Hi Cruzr,

Re: You ride with no pants?????????????? That's just not right.

Surely, you remember the guy on the silver RT with the gorilla on the back seat from just a few days ago.

I'm tellin' ya, it's catching on.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

I don't have much up there so I preserve what I have. I wear a helmet

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brain bucket are called aboard aircraft carrier, If you showed up on the flight deck during flight ops without brain bucket in a split second you'll be in front of the Air Boss chewing your ass with a titanium teeth.

My friend WA. state HP told me that he never pulled a dead person with seat belt on after a deadly car accident.

These laws are written in blood so think about it.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazyspyder View Post
    It's funny that just two days ago, feeling were hurt through misunderstanding. Big drama. Many discussions about being more careful about what and how we say things.

Now it's full on, in your face, personal judgement. I too live in the Great State of Texas who gives us a personal choice as to our dress while riding.

Ponder this..
    The best helmet and the best body armor is not going to save you from internal injuries.

When your time is up, none of that matters.

Not apologizing...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.