Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default In case you're looking for a 2014 RT...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-RT-SE...US_motorcycles

I saw this one on EBay, and the pricing caught my eye...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I spotted this ad also but I'm a strong believer in buying as local as I can. I want my local dealers to make some money so they can stay in business and be there when I need them.
    My local dealers also support events and fund raisers in our local area so I know some of my money is coming back to help in my area. Going to Texas to buy a bike, even at a huge discount does not help my dealer or local community.
    BRP needs to help the local dealers so they can stay in business and curb some of this excessive price cutting.
    Don't get me wrong because I'm as hard a shopper as is out there, but in the long run I want my dealer close by and see some money come back to my community.
    I'll pay my dealer more to help support him (I don't usually say that) but if I don't, who will?

BRP needs to work on this problem to save and expand local dealers and expand there business's. Having a loball dealer out there does not help BRP in the long run.

Spyder Garage

The dealer I was getting my service done at won't be getting any more spyders in at all. They told me that BRP was dictating to them on how many Spyders they needed to have on hand and they are not going to do that. So I have found another place for servicing my spyder.

Be Safe
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

That is where I ordered mine from. It will be leaving Texas tomorrow, and should arrive here in N.C. friday. As I stated in a previous post, I called 3 local dealers and tried to give them my business. I felt like Goldilocks. One was too high, one tried to upgrade me with things I didn't want (and charge me $6k more), and the third one said they could do it, but after ignoring me for a week, they then said they couldn't get one. So in short, I will be riding around to each of the 3 dealers to show them I was serious about a purchase.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

For THAT price, I would have gone there!
    3:16

Spyder Garage

what is kind of funny is last year when the 14's came out you had a bunch of folks who just purchased 13's and they were some kind of hot about the price depreciation on their bikes.

haven't heard too much about that yet but I expect we will soon

Spyder Garage

Almost $10K off is pretty good--IMO. Fortunately, I am keeping mine and don't have to worry about how many $K that I will be losing if I were to trade off or sell.

And this is with a model that is very desirable, and has very little problematic history.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I want to walk there and ride it home....

"THE DOG SLED"
    2011 Spyder Can Am RTS SM5 (Orbital Blue)
    Nuvi 550 GPS With Ram Mount
    Drink 2 Go Cup Holder
    KewlMetal RT Run-Turn-Brake LED
    GloRyder Wolf Paw (in blue)
    DMWMS Decal
    IPS w/
    Alaska Leather Sheepskin Butt Pad
    TricLed - Brake Pedal
    Chrome Shortee Antenna

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I ordered my RT-S I gave them the E-bay listings and said what can you do.They matched it and I do not have to pay for shipping.I was very happy to buy from a local dealer just in case I have any problems down the road with the machine

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Default Some dealers good, some bad

BRP allots amount of units a dealer can order by amount they sold the year before or by preceived projections on newer dealerships. A dealer can also buy/trade a unit from other dealers and thus receive another allotment credit. BRP sort of tries to control the prices and I am sure they make some good profits. Dealers like the one in Texas with cheaper prices have a huge stockpile of bikes and when the end of the year comes around they have units to sell and they push them out the door. It is a business model that may not work in all areas but it must work there because they move the units. Overhead is also a big issue for dealers. The big stores in big cities have high costs. The cheap Texas dealer has low overhead, have good service and treat people right.

I bought my wife's bike there last year and got a great, unbelieveable deal around Halloween. The one thing they have a hard time doing is giving you a good deal on a trade because they have no room to work with and they sell so many new units there is little market for 2 year old bikes. Paying cash? Call Texas Trading? Not so much.

I had all of my local dealers in 2012 wanting to stay at near MRP in October because they really didn't have many units to sell. I gave them all (2) a shot and then went 300 miles.

Would I like to support my local dealer? YES Would I suffer through a total rip-off to do it? NO
    Finally, we have a new dealer nearby and I got a good deal on my trades and service from the owner and I came out happy. Every buyer needs to do their due diligence and buy where they are treated fairly and not ripped off. Local dealers still make good money on your service, accesories and parts so they are happy that you have that bike so they can work on it.

Spyder Garage

HOLY BAT CYCLES, BOBMAN, THAT IS A GOOD PRICE
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a base model, SE6. But a good price. I don't know about that dealer's overhead, but I think they are really high volume.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

With that kind of price, you have to ask yourself, "Where are they cutting corners?"

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Spyder Garage

Default in case you are lookig

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    That's a base model, SE6. But a good price. I don't know about that dealer's overhead, but I think they are really high volume.
    Hi,
    I flew there Saturday morning to pick-up my RT.They met me at the airport - took me to the dealership and had everything ready to go except for signing papers.
    The price on ebay is exactly what you pay - there are no hidden charges!
    Everyone there treated me very nice and were quite willing to help in anyway they could to make the transaction enjoyable and pleasant.
    I got home (Mathias,WV )around 5 this evening - tad over 1200 miles.
    I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new Spyder!!
    Tip

Spyder Garage

like someone else said, they are going to smoke you on a trade in if you have one.

i think their business model is selling for less more often. they are turning inventory and I am pretty sure that is getting them some type of points or terms with BRP.

hey if they can sell it for that price then more power to them!

Spyder Garage

Got my bike there saved me 8k in 2012 every dealer in Fl wanted msrp their loss . Had it picked up and shiped to my home in Fl

Spyder Garage

Thats what I paid form my 14 RT here in New Mexico. A bit of haggling but with the 15's out soone wanted to get rid of stock. They probably have a deal with BRP to sell them at that price. There in the Dallas fort worth area so millions of sales possible. ya rite. there but a very captive population to sell to. Almost as many people as LA has.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Bob - I paid less than that for mine, including the full BEST warranty..... There are even better deals out there right now.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Well I paid 27 with tax and would like to have paid a lot less, but I'm happy with my trike and expect to stay happy with it until I'm done riding!
    3:16

Spyder Garage

Same dealer I bought mine at, I probably woudn't have gone out there just to buy, but....was in TX visiting friends, went by there and they made me a deal no one local could get near. Yes, they are a high volume dealer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That dealer has the best prices by far. That said I would buy local if they even came close. But they all seem to be way higher.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MY EXPERIENCE

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    like someone else said, they are going to smoke you on a trade in if you have one.

i think their business model is selling for less more often. they are turning inventory and I am pretty sure that is getting them some type of points or terms with BRP.

hey if they can sell it for that price then more power to them!
    ....................Mr. Fannin when you have a trade you are nevvvvvvvvvvvver going to get it both ways. Check with Consumer Reports, ( my Bible ) ...Never mention trade until after they have given you their absolute bottom price for what you are buying. Then ask about your TRADE-IN VALUE ..............Otherwise they will razel -dazel you with so many numbers you won't even remember what you went in there for.......Mike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE SAME EXPERIENCE

Quote Originally Posted by tip View Post
    Hi,
    I flew there Saturday morning to pick-up my RT.They met me at the airport - took me to the dealership and had everything ready to go except for signing papers.
    Everyone there treated me very nice and were quite willing to help in anyway they could to make the transaction enjoyable and pleasant.
    Tip
    .................I had a similar experience at a dealer just east of St Louis , I paid a bit more but my deal was in April......The above price offered in Texas goes to show you what the mark-up is on Spyders ..........it's HUGH ......And the Texas dealer still made money at $18,500...just sayin Mike

Spyder Garage

I was considering a purchase from there also because of the price. But like others I would much rather deal with a local dealer. So I went into the local dealer with the offer from Texas and I offered him 1000 over the Texas price and I would write him a check today. Him and another guy went into the office and came out about 10 minutes later and I now have a 2014 RT Limited sitting in my shop from the local dealer. It's worth the extra 1000 to me to work with a local dealer. Much over that and i would have been flying to Texas and riding one back.

2014 RT Limited, #0085 Silver Platinum Satin with Black Seat
    Spyderpops Bump Skid Plate, Belt Guard, IPS, SS Knott Grilles,
    Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Passenger Arm Rest, 3 pc Lid Net Set,
    Smart Mount Driver Backrest, Windshield Dash Pouch System,
    TRICLED Blinkers and Brake Lights.
    Too Many Toys and Not Enough Time!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tip View Post
    Hi,
    Tip
    That's pretty good news!

When I saw the pricing; I've got to admit to being skeptical. I posted it, while HOPING that it wasn't too good to be true.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black