Spyder Garage

Default F3 Accessibility Modifications

I spoke with the local Can Am dealer and it looks like the F3 will be an awesome machine to modify for carrying a wheelchair or other items. As I look at it, it appears that mounting a coupling and arms to the tubular frame should be much easier that what I did 3 years ago. Also the sitting position is about 26" off the ground as opposed to 29.5" which will make transfers easier. Sitting "IN" the bike keeps your shoulders from swaying as much keeping you more in-center. With the F3's many clip on or easy add on accessories, installing floorboards and other items will be easier for the end user as opposed to hiring someone else to help you. Again it is my assumption that this new cruiser line will be more user friendly for paraplegic's such as myself. Cannot wait to see what we will do with this bike.
    Mods:
    Can Am 23" Windshield & Tank Bag. Corbin seat w/gas flap and backrests. Protective covers for shocks.Sena SMH10 headsets. Wrapped header pipe with insulating tape. GPS mount for Garmin Nuvi 680. Various lights from Custom Dynamics. Hand Brake, Floorboards, Brake Pedal & Fancan from ISCI. Parking Brake extension, Floorboard tabs, Wheelchair mount.

Spyder Garage

You gonna go for an F3, Mark? I'll post pics of my rack.
    Parker

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 accessibility Modifications

Quote Originally Posted by pwpalmbay View Post
    You gonna go for an F3, Mark? I'll post pics of my rack.
    Parker
    I am about to buy a F3 and would like to know how you mounted your wheelchair to the F3 please. On the RS I mounted the wheelchair to the Givi pannier rack on the left and the rear footpeg. I will be doing the same this time too, unless I see something better. I live in Brisbane Australia. If you look up 3wheels.org and there is a clip on the reverse trike site. It will say click HERE and you will see how I did it last time. I will be interested in any other accessories that you have done to the F3. Keep safe Greg Hayden

Last edited by landrover97; 01-09-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RS wheelchair hanger with Givi pannier rack

Quote Originally Posted by markjperry View Post
    I spoke with the local Can Am dealer and it looks like the F3 will be an awesome machine to modify for carrying a wheelchair or other items. As I look at it, it appears that mounting a coupling and arms to the tubular frame should be much easier that what I did 3 years ago. Also the sitting position is about 26" off the ground as opposed to 29.5" which will make transfers easier. Sitting "IN" the bike keeps your shoulders from swaying as much keeping you more in-center. With the F3's many clip on or easy add on accessories, installing floorboards and other items will be easier for the end user as opposed to hiring someone else to help you. Again it is my assumption that this new cruiser line will be more user friendly for paraplegic's such as myself. Cannot wait to see what we will do with this bike.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=124377321012262 google this mate.

Quote Originally Posted by markjperry View Post

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by landrover97 View Post
    One of these days I will do a video of my transfer as well. Thank you
    Mods:
    Can Am 23" Windshield & Tank Bag. Corbin seat w/gas flap and backrests. Protective covers for shocks.Sena SMH10 headsets. Wrapped header pipe with insulating tape. GPS mount for Garmin Nuvi 680. Various lights from Custom Dynamics. Hand Brake, Floorboards, Brake Pedal & Fancan from ISCI. Parking Brake extension, Floorboard tabs, Wheelchair mount.