Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default More Disappointment

To build an F3 version of my RS-S, it will cost around $22,000. It might have been worth it, if the machine had a decent motor in it. There is no way in I am going to spend 22k on an ugly machine with an RT motor in it. What a joke. I WILL NOT BUY THIS JUNK !! I guess if I want real performance I am going to have look elsewhere. It makes me sick to think that the company that has produced the 670 HO, the 1000 SDI, and the 800 R (just to name a few), can't or won't do any better. Thank you BRP for blowing it again this year, and if I ever need a couch with wheels I guess I will come back around.

Just sayin'...........
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

OUCH!!!!

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Pleasant to the touch though

Really like the 2015 ST-S, it's just the odd color combinations that are a definate turn off, for me.

I shouldn't have to paint over the Orange on an otherwise great looking bike.

Chas

Spyder Garage

Default hey otter

tell us how you REALLY feel.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Seems a tad harsh to me
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default WOW

WOW.... r u upset or what...?

i also wanted the RS with the 1330, b'kuz i think the F3 is basically the
    JOHN DEERE without a mowing attachment... but i'm not that upset... BRP makes a darn good product ('09 RS w/43,000 miles without any issues)... so i'll be patient, and wait another year for the 2016 models....
    cool down my friend, time is on our side....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that the line up is not going to work for you. I thought the F3 would be somewhat of an answer. Maybe when we get some performance information your mind can be changed a bit.

I knew beforehand the 1330 would give my couch better mileage, am pleasantly surprised at the operation of the engine. Perhaps, in its unadorned version, the F3/1330 combo could turn out to be a winner.

The Boss is working on upgrades and tweeks, hopefully some different gearing to put it into performance mode. Why don't you have a confab with him about it?

Hang in there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I guess that's what they mean when they say; "You can't please all of the people all of the time".

There isn't any 1 machine that has it all. Everyone would like something else. It's the machine that has the most components to your liking that most of us settle for.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default HIGH PERFORMANCE

You aren't the first one looking for some higher performance it would be interesting to know if the 3 wheel platform would be able to handle that much power? I am fairly sure it can be done although Nanny would be stepping in a lot. It would be nice if BRP would offer a something for the super high performance crowd. My STL is currently fast enough for me I always told myself that I would never get a fast street bike cause being a downhill ski'er since I was 6 years old and a bit of an adrenaline junky when younger I probably would have killed myself on something like a Hyabusa or KZ 1000 back in the day. now that I am older and wiser I might be able to handle a bit more power responsibly?
    ya sure then maybe not

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    To build an F3 version of my RS-S, it will cost around $22,000. It might have been worth it, if the machine had a decent motor in it. There is no way in I am going to spend 22k on an ugly machine with an RT motor in it. What a joke. I WILL NOT BUY THIS JUNK !! I guess if I want real performance I am going to have look elsewhere. It makes me sick to think that the company that has produced the 670 HO, the 1000 SDI, and the 800 R (just to name a few), can't or won't do any better. Thank you BRP for blowing it again this year, and if I ever need a couch with wheels I guess I will come back around.

Just sayin'...........
    So you havent Test rode an F3 yet, You dont seem to think that engines can be tuned differently and still put out the same numbers, or that 600lbs weight differece matters not to mention the different sized sproket. And you've decided it sucks already. Good job.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    I WILL NOT BUY THIS JUNK !!
    Ok.

Was someone trying to force you to?

Personally, I'm going to wait until I can ride one and see how it is before I make a decision.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Default Upset a little..??

you do have a point and I do agree with the fact that they went out and added a model and did nothing to the exsisting models. Hang in there our turn will come. I have mine where I want it and can wait. When they reach what they are aiming at and start loosing ryders they will throw us a bone...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default F3 or not to be, that is the question

Fix one model then explore new ones otherwise will see recall lists just like the car manufactures, hurry and spin out something new not addressing their existing line hangups. F3 stands for -- redirection?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail View Post
    So you havent Test rode an F3 yet, You dont seem to think that engines can be tuned differently and still put out the same numbers, or that 600lbs weight differece matters not to mention the different sized sproket. And you've decided it sucks already. Good job.
    You misunderstand. It is not about engine power. The F3 may have a lot but it means nothing in that package. Disregard the fact for a moment that the F3 is ugly since appearance is subjective and instead just look at the seating position. The F3 will NEVER be a performance machine.

Spyder Garage

Default Appearance among other things

Styling is often the "Love it or Hate it" variety these days. The Victory Vision is still a polarizing machine as is the Harley V-Rod. To me the feet forward riding position is more about comfort and yes less about performance. Yes my butt & tailbone will take more of the bumps but there are remedies. I initially didn't care much about the looks of the F3 but it has been growing on me and now I'm getting to like it. It's a trade-off with less storage space in order to get that feet forward thing and it's aggressive styling but some storage can be added with saddlebags and a top case if needed. Regardless of how others feel about it, I'm ready to give one a test ride and find out just how much I will or won't want one.

Spyder Garage

I'll have to admit, I like the style of the RT, ST, RS with the aerodynamic feel. With the F3, It's grown on me and I will be test riding it as soon as my dealer gets it. BRP needed that addition of a cruiser and they hit the nail on the head with this. (Something for everyone) I also can't wait to see what Lamonster Garage does to it.
    Now that the F3 has come out, we can only hope they do a little more mechanically to the rest of the lineup that was left out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail View Post
    I could not find any performance numbers to look at, I already tried. If they were really going to make it a "Hot Rod" don't you think they would brag about the power?? And the riding position is nice for cruising, but not the most performance friendly. Are you saying that it will only be 600 lbs, or that it will be that much lighter? 600 lbs would be a nicer weight, you are right there. If it was only 600lbs, would gobs of torque really be necessary though? I did see a torque curve on the site, and if I remember correctly it was rated @ around 100ft/lbs. I believe, and could be wrong, that this torque number was similar to the 1330 numbers in the RT. I know I did not go into great detail, I just wasn't going to post every thought I had in my head or I would have been typing half the night. This is what lead me to believe I was not interested. I am frustrated because I know BRP can do better. If you are happy with it, that is great. I was just venting, because I am not.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Glad you got that off your chest otter

Spyder Garage

Am I at the wrong forum ? The bookmark said "Spyderlovers"

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default I hope this helps. Sorry if it does not.

Reviews > 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 – First Look Review2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 – First Look Review

Greg Drevenstedt
    September 26, 2014
    Filed under Can-Am Motorcycle Reviews, Latest News, Sidecar + Scooter + Trike Motorcycle Reviews, Top Stories

2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S in Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

After giving everyone a tease with the release of a single official photo but no specs for the all-new 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3, BRP has finally revealed the full monty on the fourth model to be added to its three-wheeled roadster lineup.
    Since the Spyder debuted in 2007, three models have been released—the RS, RT and ST—covering the sport, touring and sport-touring segments, respectively. The F3 steers in a different direction, combining more futuristic styling—BRP calls it “muscular design”—with a feet-forward cruiser riding position and customizable ergonomics. The F3’s UFit system allows riders to adjust handlebar and footpeg positions to suit their preferences.
    The new Spyder F3 will be powered by a liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 1,330cc in-line triple with throttle-by-wire.

As we suspected, the Spyder F3 will be powered by the Rotax-built 1330 ACE in-line triple engine that was introduced on the RT for 2014, which makes a claimed 115 horsepower and 96 lb-ft of torque. And it will be offered with two 6-speed transmission options, the SM6 manual or the SE6 semi-automatic, both with reverse. Like other Spyders in the lineup, the F3 comes equipped with the Vehicle Stability System that was co-developed with Bosch, which includes stability control, traction control, anti-lock brakes and dynamic power steering.
    Spyders already in the lineup are built around a Surrounding Spar Technology steel center beam frame, and a variation of that Y-frame design carries over to the F3. Its front suspension consists of a double A-arm with anti-roll bar and a pair of Fox Podium shocks with 5.1 inches of travel. Attached to the rear swingarm is a Sachs monoshock with 5.2 inches of travel. No word yet on the adjustability of the front/rear suspension.
    The new UFit system allows riders to adjust handlebar and footpeg position.

Although the initial photo gave the appearance of having larger-diameter front wheels (in part due to the more squat stance of the machine), the F3, like other Spyders, sports 15-inch wheels all around. Each wheel has a single 270mm brake disc, and all three are controlled simultaneously by a foot pedal. The two in front are clamped by Brembo radial monoblock opposed 4-piston calipers, and the rear has a 1-piston caliper with an integrated parking brake.
    The F3 is more compact than other Spyders, measuring 1.8 inches shorter in height, an inch shorter in length and almost a half-inch narrower in width than the sporty RS, which is already shorter and/or more narrow than the ST and RT. Its smaller size cuts deeply into storage capacity, which is by far the lowest in the lineup at just 24.4 liters in the front trunk (the RS holds 44 liters). Seat height is also significantly lower on the F3 (26.6 inches) than on the RS, ST (29 inches each) and RT (29.4 inches). In part due to its larger engine (1,330cc in-line triple vs. 998cc V-twin), the F3’s claimed dry weight of 850 pounds exceeds that of the RS by 52 pounds, but is lighter than the ST or RT. Surprisingly, at 7.1 gallons, the F3 has the highest fuel capacity of any Spyder in the lineup (the others hold 6.6-6.9 gallons).
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 in Can-Am Red Solid Gloss/Steel Black Metallic

Two versions of the F3 will be offered, the base model and an up-spec F3-S model, which adds electronic cruise control, upgraded wheels with machined gloss black accents, a black suede seat with red stitching, premium front fenders with LED running lights and additional color options. The standard F3 comes in Steel Black Metallic or Pearl White; the F3-S comes in Steel Black Metallic or three two-tone options: Pearl White/Steel Black Metallic, Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic or Can-Am Red Solid Gloss/Steel Black Metallic.
    Furthermore, three accessory packages will be available:
    Touring Escape Package adds: Blue Ridge windscreen, Cross country detachable saddlebags, driver and passenger floorboards in Carbon Black, chrome handlebar, Cannonball seat, detachable driver and passenger backrests, auxiliary lights, Fat 6 front chrome wheels, Frame Caps and Akrapovic straight shot silencer.
    Black Suede seat with red stitching is one of the upgrades on the F3-S model.

Muscle Attitude Package adds: gauge spoiler, auxiliary lights, F3 mono seat cowl, Akrapovic straight shot silencer, Fox Factory Series 1.5 Podium R front shocks, Attitude handlebar in Carbon Black and black stripe decal kit.
    Urban Nights Package adds: Attitude handlebar in Carbon Black, passenger short rail, Akrapovic straight shot silencer and Shamrock front wheels.
    The press launch for the 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 kicks off on September 28, so stayed tuned for our first-ride report with additional technical information and (hopefully) pricing and availability.
    Symmetrical instrument panel has an LCD display flanked by analog gauges.
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S in Cam-Am Red Solid Gloss/Steel Black Metallic
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 in Steel Black Metallic
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 in Pearl White

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on pinterest_shareMore Sharing Services

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chad,
    The LAST thing that I'd ever do; is tell you to re-think your opinion...
    What i WILL tell you; Stop whining, ride your RS-S!! It's a beautiful bike, that you should never apologize for!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The more I look at it the more I like it!!!!!

THE BULLDOG OF THE SPYDERS

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PASSENGER PEG THINGY'S

.......How are they working out ?????????........Mike

Spyder Garage

I like it immediately after I saw pictures of it. But not all people would fall in love with it at first glance. That's why everybody has a personnel opinion, if we all liked the same things, what a dull world this would be. Is this the next bike I will purchase? I'm not really sold as yet as I really need to look at it close up and ride it some. But I really love the direction that BRP is going. I'm also glad that at least with the RT model that we now have a few more color options to pick from, which I really like.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Call me CRAZY but....

I would buy one, I think they are different enough from the RS to check out.
    the riding position alone is a BIG plus... I have spent a bunch of $$$$ to make
    mine comfortable and not all bent over to ride. If I want to bend forward and
    go fast I just hop onto my ST1300, and look at the others in my rear view mirror.
    I am a little surprised some after market company has not come out with a supercharger
    for the Spyder, there is a company making a Turbo.
    Dave