Spyder Garage

Default 12 volt air compressor recommendations

Yesterday I had the misfortune of running over a rock with the left front tire. It must have broken the tire bead seal. The tire went flat. Luckily I was near a pull-off view area(I was on the North Cascades highway). Found a gentleman with a generator and air compressor in the back of his pick-up truck. Aired the tire up and off I go, went about 10 miles and tire goes flat again. After using 3 cans of flat tire fix-it, I made it to nice gentleman's home who had an air compressor. He offered to let me park my Spyder in his garage if the tire did not hold air. It was 5pm and about 50 miles from the nearest tire dealer. I was able to ride it home. With the 3 cans of flat repair the tire was out of balance. This got me thinking a small 12 volt compressor would a great item to have with me. Does anyone have recommendations?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cabelas has a nice little one that's only about $35, and is just about pocket-sized!
    Check in their Automkotice/ATV catalog for it.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just went to local auto parts store and picked up a small one for car tires for about $20.00

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I carry this:

http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Go-Intern...tor+motorcycle

Mushroom plugs work much better than the old style rubber strips (just keep the plugs lubed), and the c02 inflator takes up no room.
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/brows...3Bcat104695380

On sale right now for $25! [emoji106]
    +1. I have the same one. Fits real nice in the back compartment of the RT.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

I just picked one up for the spyder and other things around the house. One word of caution that I hadn't thought about, my pump requires a 15 amp circuit.

Spyder Garage

Default cycle grear

I got one from cycle gear small and compact also picked up co2 tire plug kit

Moe

Spyder Garage

Default me too

Quote Originally Posted by moe113097 View Post
    I got one from cycle gear small and compact also picked up co2 tire plug kit

Moe
    got the cycle gear compressor. it was on sale recently for around twenty five shipped. plugs into power outlet, or battery tender pigtail.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Stop & Go mini air compressor Amazon $36.00 with free shipping. Great reviews

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by can-am sam View Post
    Yesterday I had the misfortune of running over a rock with the left front tire. It must have broken the tire bead seal. The tire went flat. Luckily I was near a pull-off view area(I was on the North Cascades highway). Found a gentleman with a generator and air compressor in the back of his pick-up truck. Aired the tire up and off I go, went about 10 miles and tire goes flat again. After using 3 cans of flat tire fix-it, I made it to nice gentleman's home who had an air compressor. He offered to let me park my Spyder in his garage if the tire did not hold air. It was 5pm and about 50 miles from the nearest tire dealer. I was able to ride it home. With the 3 cans of flat repair the tire was out of balance. This got me thinking a small 12 volt compressor would a great item to have with me. Does anyone have recommendations?
    Check out www.cyclepump.com. High quality, compact design

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thank you for the heads up, just placed the order.

Gary

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have the Slime compressor too... slightly heavy but great pump.

Just ordered one of those right angle, clip on valve chuck's from Best Rest... great little invention that!!

Spyder Garage

+1 for the cycle gear mini compressor.
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Spyder Garage

Default Compressor

Quote Originally Posted by can-am sam View Post
    I have a DynaPlug Mini Pro. It appears to be an excellent product. Although I'm new to Spyders, I have a lot of 2 wheel time. My experience is that if one buys a compressor and plug kit, and brings it along always, then one is unlikely to get a flat.
    2016 Freewheeler

2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White (SOLD)

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

Received today my order from http://www.cyclepump.com. The pump is made in the US and comes with a 5 year warranty. Hopefully no more flat tires.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Keep in mind, if a tire pops the bead a small compressor may not work since you need a blast of air not a flow of air.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Once you've used a co2 inflator you will never bother with those little 12v compressors again.....