Thread: Roadster wash??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Roadster wash??

Anyone besides me having a hard time finding the can am xps roadster wash in the black spray bottle?? I have a 2014 st limited in the matte finish (no shine, flat finish) and there's a sticker inside the frunk and all over the manual about using a special cleaner that won't leave a shine. Got my bike in July and haven't washed it yet. What cleaner is everyone using or what cleaner can you recommend that won't leave a shine and what is everyone using on the windshield because you can't use windex on plexiglass or plastic. Thanks for the help
    Doug

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Novus on the windshield - soap and water on the bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    Anyone besides me having a hard time finding the can am xps roadster wash in the black spray bottle?? I have a 2014 st limited in the matte finish (no shine, flat finish) and there's a sticker inside the frunk and all over the manual about using a special cleaner that won't leave a shine. Got my bike in July and haven't washed it yet. What cleaner is everyone using or what cleaner can you recommend that won't leave a shine and what is everyone using on the windshield because you can't use windex on plexiglass or plastic. Thanks for the help
    Doug

Not
    trying to insult you but do you buy stuff online?
    As of this reply, the BRP site has the bottle and the kit available as does other BRP powersports websites and ebay.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/..._Roadster_wash

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iSpyder123 View Post

Not
    trying to insult you but do you buy stuff online?
    As of this reply, the BRP site has the bottle and the kit available as does other BRP powersports websites and ebay.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/..._Roadster_wash
    Yeah I but stuff all the time online. It's $10.99 a bottle and I want 2 bottles so that's $21.98 and now are you resdy for this???? It's $29.67 JUST FOR SHIPPING!!!!!! Maybe because I live in the US? But that's rediculious

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    Novus on the windshield - soap and water on the bike
    Any particular soap? I see your bike is a matte finish or looks like a matte finish. Can you buy that novus cleaner locally at like a autozone or places like that?

spydee owner

Default Roadster wash

Doug
    Used to use regular car wash solution that is mixed with water, but switched to roadster wash because of how effective it is on removing bug residue.
    Note: I have used regular car wash soap on the phantom panels, without a problem.
    Last edited by spydee owner; 09-23-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

Yeah I but stuff all the time online. It's $10.99 a bottle and I want 2 bottles so that's $21.98 and now are you resdy for this???? It's $29.67 JUST FOR SHIPPING!!!!!! Maybe because I live in the US? But that's rediculious

OUCH! I totally agree that's outrageous. I have to check my local dealer to see if they have it for 10.99 or if they added a hidden shipping cost into it.

On a side note, my brother has a matte wrapped car and he uses this.
    I also buy a few soap/shampoo/wash in gallons from them as well as microfiber towel detergent.
    Meticulous Matte Auto Wash for Satin Finish & Matte Finish Paint

They sell on Amazon and it's probably cheaper that way. If you are a Amazon Prime member you can get the stuff in 2 days and shipping is 2.99.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yah, it's satin platinum. Any bike shop should carry Novus or Plexis - either is good for the windshield and will work on taking bugs off the paint too. Just regular old car wash is all I use.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iSpyder123 View Post
    OUCH! I totally agree that's outrageous. I have to check my local dealer to see if they have it for 10.99 or if they added a hidden shipping cost into it.

On a side note, my brother has a matte wrapped car and he uses this.
    I also buy a few soap/shampoo/wash in gallons from them as well as microfiber towel detergent.
    Meticulous Matte Auto Wash for Satin Finish & Matte Finish Paint

They sell on Amazon and it's probably cheaper that way. If you are a Amazon Prime member you can get the stuff in 2 days and shipping is 2.99.
    Cars are metal. Do you think it will work on the bike being that its plastic?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    Yah, it's satin platinum. Any bike shop should carry Novus or Plexis - either is good for the windshield and will work on taking bugs off the paint too. Just regular old car wash is all I use.
    Yeah the car wash soap I have is from rain x and has carnuba wax beads in it so I dont want to use that

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It shouldn't matter...
    You're washing the finish; not the material under it.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It shouldn't matter...
    Good point......

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yeah the car wash soap I have is from rain x and has carnuba wax beads in it so I dont want to use that
    Nope don't use that. I have one that's just plain, old car wash with nothing in it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

When I cannot get BRP Spyder Wash I use TIROX Ultra Motorcycle Cleaner www.tiroxproducts.com. The cleaner is a spray on cleaner like the BRP Spyder wash and does as good as job.
    The Tirox cleaner is about the same price
    I use Invisible glass because it is safe for all kinds of plastic including Lexan and tinted window film. It will not react with plastic and yellow it. I am nervous about using plexus as I have been told by ICON helmets that it will yellow icon visors. I use Invisible glass on my wife's ICON helmet visor and have had great success.

Spyder Garage

I feel your pain on the shipping. I paid $78.00 to have two oil change kits shipped here when they were not available locally. Almost the same price as one oil change kit.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-23-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Cars are metal. Do you think it will work on the bike being that its plastic?
    Bob summed it up well. Your cleaning the outer finish and not the underlying layer. Matte/Flat/Satin/Plasti-dipped surfaces need special attention. More attention than other finishes to stay fresh looking. Full finishes have gained popularity that the big detailing companies have to develop their line of cleaners. There are only a few out there right now.

Stay away from any soaps that claim to enhance or add gloss or shine. It can potentially change the look, up to and including ruining the finish.
    I'm totally on a mission to find that BRP Roadster Wash w/ shipping cheaper. I still can't get over that shipping cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It shouldn't matter...
    That's it in a nutshell...Well said.

Spyder Garage

Continue through the ordering process. When you get to shipping, you can select: "Pick up at store, no charge" and the shipping is free. You pick it up at the dealer's

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

what is everyone using on the windshield because you can't use windex on plexiglass or plastic. Thanks for the help
    Doug
    I have been using windex to clean the bugs off my windshield for almost a full year. It still looks like new. I also use it to clean all of our shields on our helmets, no problem there either.

I know you cant use this on your matte black finish but I just detailed the my whole bike with Turtle wax Ice including the windshield. I did the windshield to help the rain bead off and it should help to clean the bugs off also.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Still cheaper than buying it in Canada.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Been using Plexus on my windscreens for years. Including F4D windscreens. Hasn't yellowed them yet. I would not use Plexus or anything that has wax in it for matte finishes.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings