Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SWITCH

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    Mike;
    All this work is begging done under warranty.
    Mike
    ..............Well hopefully they finally get it figured out ...............Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ..............Well hopefully they finally get it figured out ...............Mike
    I got it back on the 30th of November, 2014. I took for a ride yesterday and It didn't work. I'm taking it back tomorrow. To date it has 1,845.24 of billing. Thank God I have a warranty. This is a record for me, I never had a warranty billing this high on any vehicle I or wife ever owned and not have it fixed yet. I hope it gets fixed before July 2016 that's when my warranty runs out.

Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm new here.
    How long does BRP/dealer attempt to fix things like this before it's declared a lemon?
    Post like this worry me. Glad I got the extended warranty but that won't make it alright
    for my bike to be in the shop over 2 months. Feel your pain Mike.

Spyder Garage

Default SOME GOOD NEWS

[QUOTE=MikeinGA;910122]I got it back on the 30th of November, 2014. I took for a ride yesterday and It didn't work. I'm taking it back tomorrow. To date it has 1,845.24 of billing. Thank God I have a warranty. This is a record for me, I never had a warranty billing this high on any vehicle I or wife ever owned and not have it fixed yet. I hope it gets fixed before July 2016 that's when my warranty runs out.

Mike[/QUOTE....Since this started while it was under WARRANTY ......BRP is REQUIRED to FIX it even if it takes forever ( I hope not ).........Mike

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BLUEKNIGHT911;910131]
    I got it back on the 30th of November, 2014. I took for a ride yesterday and It didn't work. I'm taking it back tomorrow. To date it has 1,845.24 of billing. Thank God I have a warranty. This is a record for me, I never had a warranty billing this high on any vehicle I or wife ever owned and not have it fixed yet. I hope it gets fixed before July 2016 that's when my warranty runs out.

Mike[/QUOTE....Since this started while it was under WARRANTY ......BRP is REQUIRED to FIX it even if it takes forever ( I hope not ).........Mike
    My warranty runs out when the cost reaches 75% of the vehicle value. There is a federal lemon law and I may have to use it.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mudcruiserman View Post
    I'm new here.
    How long does BRP/dealer attempt to fix things like this before it's declared a lemon?
    Post like this worry me. Glad I got the extended warranty but that won't make it alright
    for my bike to be in the shop over 2 months. Feel your pain Mike.
    If your state's lemon law does not cover it you can use the federal lemon law. My wife is looking into the lemon laws.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Got it back again.

I got my Spyder back on 12/13/2014. I road it two days, putting on about putting on about 100 miles with no shifting problems. Last time I took back I told them to put a new shifting switch on. The bill topped out just over $2,000.00, thank God for the extended warranty. I had the front wheels aligned, it seamed to be a little better, tomorrow I going to ride it the mountains and see if helps on the twisty roads.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default HELP

THIS MAY HELP.....
    check out my post of a few weeks ago.....
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...5-SHIFT-SWITCH
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    THIS MAY HELP.....
    check out my post of a few weeks ago.....
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...5-SHIFT-SWITCH
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Dan;
    I have my Spyder back and it shifting better than before. The last time I took it back I told them to change the paddle switch. They said that it was the BajaRon plug wires that caused the problem and replaced them with BRP wires, but they also changed the paddle switch. I road it 403 miles, no problems. I took gas mileage on the last ride and got 40.17 mpg and that was on back roads, with light traffic. That the highest mileage to date for the back roads. I going to some mods. to it before I put it away for the winter.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeinGA; 12-18-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default BS + BS = BS X 2

Dan;
    I have my Spyder back and it shifting better than before. The last time I took it back I told them to change the paddle switch. They said that it was the BajaRon plug wires that caused the problem and replaced them with BRP wires, but they also changed the paddle switch. I road it 403 miles, no problems. I took gas mileage on the last ride and got 40.17 mpg and that was on back roads, with light traffic. That the highest mileage to date for the back roads. I going to some mods. to it before I put it away for the winter.

Mike
    .....Mike you got LIED to about the WIRES.........I hope they gave them back to you, because I'm sure Ron would want to see and test them.........IMHO I think they finally decided YOU were right about the SWITCH and THEY wouldn't admit it .........Stranger things have happened , but this is BS plain and simple.........I am very glad you have your Spyder back and it's working to your satisfaction , but I would be looking for another Dealer.........Mike

Spyder Garage

Default BACK

Dan;

Mike
    Mike;
    glad to hear you are back on the road.....
    WOW... 40 MPG.... SUPER....
    I'm with BLUE KNIGHT MIKE on the wiring thingee..... sounds fishy to me that RON's wires would cause this problem....
    as for 'putting her up for the winter'... does this mean you won't be joining us in January for our monthly luncheon....????????
    Dan P

Spyder Garage

.........I hope they gave them back to you, because I'm sure Ron would want to see and test them.........

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

They said that it was the BajaRon plug wires that caused the problem and replaced them with BRP wires, but they also changed the paddle switch.
    Riiiiiiiiight..... Translation: "We're not idiots who spent 2 grand on tracing a shifting problem to the shifter switch."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    Mike;
    glad to hear you are back on the road.....
    WOW... 40 MPG.... SUPER....
    I'm with BLUE KNIGHT MIKE on the wiring thingee..... sounds fishy to me that RON's wires would cause this problem....
    as for 'putting her up for the winter'... does this mean you won't be joining us in January for our monthly luncheon....????????
    Dan P
    Dan;
    I have the old "MSD 8.5MM SUPER CONNDUCTOR SPARK PLUG WIRE" and test them. The only mods. that I did was the air scoops and cut the rubber air in takes for the air box by 1/3rd. The 40 MPG is only 3 MPG greater than I was getting before. I didn't know we were having the luncheon in January due to the cold weather.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default MSD WIRES

[QUOTE=MikeinGA;915925]Dan;
    I have the old "MSD 8.5MM SUPER CONNDUCTOR SPARK PLUG WIRE" and test them. The only mods. that I did was the air scoops and cut the rubber air in takes for the air box by 1/3rd. The 40 MPG is only 3 MPG greater than I was getting before. I didn't know we were having the luncheon in January due to the cold weather.

Mike[/QUOTE.......Mike please get in touch with Ron and tell Him what you were told about the WIRES and " The Problem They caused ".......I think everyone would be interested to hear what Ron has to say about this .................................Mike

Spyder Garage

Dan;

Mike
    [QUOTE=BLUEKNIGHT911;916002]
    Dan;

Mike[/QUOTE.......Mike please get in touch with Ron and tell Him what you were told about the WIRES and " The Problem They caused ".......I think everyone would be interested to hear what Ron has to say about this .................................Mike
    I will after I test the wires and then reinstall them on the bike, to see if that is the problem.
    Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default same problem

The problem is won't shift sometimes up or down and sometimes it doesn't go in to gear. I stop and let it set for a 5 to 10 minutes and then it works great, sometimes for days. Any help?

Mike
    My 2011 RT-S would stick in first only shifted back to neutral. When I added engine oil it was working again just fine.. I believe the engine and tranny use the same oil..

Spyder Garage

Baja Ron spark plug wires caused a shifting problem? Really?

I guess low air pressure in the right front tire will cause the emergency flashers to come on and a SpyderWrap Pete decal will cause your tires to wear, prematurely and your clutch to fail!

Your dealer needs to take "Fiction Writing 101" if he plans to blow smoke up your . . . because he needs to come up with more reasonable sounding lies . . . I suspect that what he meant was: "We just started replacing sh*t until we stumbled across something that worked, because we didn't have a clue as to what was causing the problem . . . "

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by opiewhan View Post
    My 2011 RT-S would stick in first only shifted back to neutral. When I added engine oil it was working again just fine.. I believe the engine and tranny use the same oil..
    Yes, correct oil level is needed to make the HCM (Hydraulic Control Module) work. If the oil gets to low the HCM will not have enough oil pressure to operate correctly and if you over fill the same thing can happen.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Baja Ron spark plug wires caused a shifting problem? Really?

I guess low air pressure in the right front tire will cause the emergency flashers to come on and a SpyderWrap Pete decal will cause your tires to wear, prematurely and your clutch to fail!

Your dealer needs to take "Fiction Writing 101" if he plans to blow smoke up your . . . because he needs to come up with more reasonable sounding lies . . . I suspect that what he meant was: "We just started replacing sh*t until we stumbled across something that worked, because we didn't have a clue as to what was causing the problem . . . "
    It was not the dealer or his tech, it was BRP telling them what to replace. That's what took so long. I also had the dealer do the front end alignment and they did a good job on that. I have no problem with the dealer or the tech, only BRP with the poor lead time of there parts distribution. I'm glad this didn't happen out on the road on a trip. That's why I have a trailer to hall it, but I must keep a 100 mile radius from my trailer on a trip. I bought the Spyder to take it on long trips around the USA. I read where a lot of Spyder riders got stuck and ruined there trips and cost them a lot of time and money, because of the dealer network and parts or a lack of both. That's IMHO.

Mike

Spyder Garage

I read where a lot of Spyder riders got stuck and ruined there trips and cost them a lot of time and money, because of the dealer network and parts or a lack of both. That's IMHO.

Mike
    The wife and I did about 16000 miles in 71 days riding through all the lower 48 this summer. Had a couple of spots where certain dealers couldn't or wouldn't take the time to get me back on the road quickly, but in each case I was able to find another dealer who would. It is always possible that with any bike on a long ride something could go wrong that would leave you high and dry. That is also possible if you are on a long trip in a cage or an RV, etc.

To each his own, but if I let the fear of what might happen deter me from taking a trip then my states visited map would only be colored in for the state I live in.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    The wife and I did about 16000 miles in 71 days riding through all the lower 48 this summer. Had a couple of spots where certain dealers couldn't or wouldn't take the time to get me back on the road quickly, but in each case I was able to find another dealer who would. It is always possible that with any bike on a long ride something could go wrong that would leave you high and dry. That is also possible if you are on a long trip in a cage or an RV, etc.

To each his own, but if I let the fear of what might happen deter me from taking a trip then my states visited map would only be colored in for the state I live in.
    I have had break downs in my car or truck or motorcycle, but I could get the parts with in a day or two. I'm glad that you had good luck, finding a dealer to work on it and that had the parts.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default TOTALLY CONFUSED

It was not the dealer or his tech, it was BRP telling them what to replace. That's what took so long. I also had the dealer do the front end alignment and they did a good job on that. I have no problem with the dealer or the tech, only BRP with the poor lead time of there parts distribution. I'm glad this didn't happen out on the road on a trip. That's why I have a trailer to hall it, but I must keep a 100 mile radius from my trailer on a trip. I bought the Spyder to take it on long trips around the USA. I read where a lot of Spyder riders got stuck and ruined there trips and cost them a lot of time and money, because of the dealer network and parts or a lack of both. That's IMHO.

Mike
    ???????.....Mike in your post # 35 I believe you said the DEALER / TECH told you it was Ron's wires that had caused the SE switch to FAIL.....are you now saying BRP says Ron's wires were/are the problem ......................Mike

Spyder Garage

I think half this long drawn out problem is a dealer that could not diagnose the problem them selves for lack of technical training and know how. The other half seems to be the age old blame game. Between the two, you were caught with a long down time and frustration.

If the dealer had diagnosed the problem directly rather than just referring to the BRP tech line, it would have been solved the first time.

If the wires caused a control problem, then they have failed and Bajaron needs to see them. Not impossible but very improbable unless they were badly mishandled.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame