Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ???????.....Mike in your post # 35 I believe you said the DEALER / TECH told you it was Ron's wires that had caused the SE switch to FAIL.....are you now saying BRP says Ron's wires were/are the problem ......................Mike
    Yes they told me that, but that's what BRP told them to do and I paid for the new wires and the time to replace them out of my pocket, because the wires are wear items. I went back and reviewed what other tech at other dealers removed the spark plugs and the last time the was at the 14,500 maintenance. The wires were removed from the spark plugs at that time. That gives me another thing to check on the wires. Damage. Maybe the wires were damaged? This is something the will be done in the new year. I added this to testing list. I thank all of you for your feedback.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I think half this long drawn out problem is a dealer that could not diagnose the problem them selves for lack of technical training and know how. The other half seems to be the age old blame game. Between the two, you were caught with a long down time and frustration.

If the dealer had diagnosed the problem directly rather than just referring to the BRP tech line, it would have been solved the first time.

If the wires caused a control problem, then they have failed and Bajaron needs to see them. Not impossible but very improbable unless they were badly mishandled.
    The tech did a good job, this problem was something outside of the norm. The long down time was caused by the lead time of getting the parts. The tech had diagnosed through BUDS and it took a long time to get the part and that part failed. The tech can only do so much. When working with any warranty the factory (BRP) must approve the work. I have a extended warranty. When I test the wires I will post it.

Mike