Spyder Garage

Default Best souding Exhaust

I'm sure there are lots of quality opinions so, what is the best sounding Exhaust for a 2012 Spyder RT SE5 A&C? The factory exhaust is just toooo quiet.
    Last edited by strmgra; 09-18-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling error in title

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice sound

I have a 2013 RT and replaced the stock exhaust with an Akropovic (spelling?) I removed the baffles and it has a nice deep throbbing sound with a sharp snap as you shift.

Spyder Garage

Default Oh no..!!

could have sworn I suggested going to you tube and having a listen. The yoshimura 77 seems to be well liked. I can't say ryde an RS with a hindle which I like..check other ryder for sound...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a Two Brothers and love the sound. One of the things I like about the Two Brothers is that you can tune the loudness.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    I have a Two Brothers and love the sound. One of the things I like about the Two Brothers is that you can tune the loudness.
    and just how do you go about tuning the loudness?

Spyder Garage

Default Just finished the final mod on my 2012 Rt exhaust.

I finished the final mod on my 2012 RTs exhaust. It looks good and sounds good. I ordered a Magna Flow muffler from Amazon in the spring and installed it on the pipe a local muffler shop. I didn't like the looks because of the bends they made when the formed the pipe. I found the stainless steel pipe I wanted on Amazon. It is also a Magna flow pipe. The Muffler is part number14809 . The pipe part number is 10736.

i cut the flange off the stock muffler, the stainless steel pipe slid right on. I made a hanger out of a piece of 1/8in x 1 1/2 flat strap and made a hanger that mounted to the stock mount. I mocked it up and got the angle I wanted and tacked the mount to the pipe. I cut about 6 in. Of the pipe and tacked the muffler to the pipe. Took the pipe and muffler off and made the welds on the bench. Then put the assembly back on and made sure I had the angles I wanted then tacked the pipe to the flange and then took the whole assembly off and made the final welds. Reinstalled and put a stainless steel exhaust band on to make sure the muffler and pipe stay together. I guess I don't totally trust my welds. I like the looks and the sound in very good not too loud but with a good rumble especially on accel. Not bad for less than $200.00.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redhorse View Post
    and just how do you go about tuning the loudness?
    http://www.twobros.com/soundsuppress...arksoundarrest

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Spyder Garage

I just ordered the Yoshimura R77 slip-on. I've seen many bikes with Akra and I really like the sound but I chose Yoshi because of the deal I got at http://4wheelonline.com. I will post a short review once it is installed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by strmgra View Post
    I'm sure there are lots of quality opinions so, what is the best sounding Exhaust for a 2012 Spyder RT SE5 A&C? The factory exhaust is just toooo quiet.

Mozart versus Jimi Hendrix???

​Chris

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Look at these folks.... seems to be a pretty cool system.

http://tailgunnerexhaust.com/?page_id=2144

Spyder Garage

Default V-twin vs. triple

In terms of sound a v-twin makes some of the best with an aftermarket exhaust system. I have had both V-twins and inline triples on my motorcycles and the V-twins sound the best. I'm not knocking the triples though as they have other advantages. I just don't think the three cylinder sounds as good with a louder pipe on it. Just my own opinion here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by strmgra View Post
    This question is about as easy to answer are what is the best oil or what are the best tires. You will find a variety of opinions and options. Bottom line is what will be most pleasing to you. I have the Two Brothers that I picked up off Ebay from a reputable reseller for a good price. Provides a good sound when at speed or idling and the rumble during acceleration and burble during deceleration. I am considering adding the CAT delete pipe to give it a little more sound. The Youtube suggestion in a previous comment can give you an idea of the variety of sounds available but your best bet would be to attend meets or rydes with fellow owners to get a real life listen. It seems our North/Central Florida crowd has about one of everything available.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

I deleted the CAT and added the Yosh on my 2010 - nice sound, but not obnoxious. There's a thread with a sound video here somewhere. BTW, all the rest of the choices are around as well. Just do a search..
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member