Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Cover/Amazon issue

Hi, I'm in australia, I have a RS-S and I've been looking for a cover as the cat with a death wish has been climbing over it and scratched it.
    I ordered a covermax cover as it is a 300 denier fabric and looked to be thicker than the can am one. I ordered it through Amazon, a company called powersports superstore. It was roughly $70, and then by the time I paid the postage they asked for it came to $130 Australian dollars. They've since contacted me and asked for another $25 dollars to ship the item, even though I've already paid for the rest of it, the agreed price. I've contacted Amazon and they're ok with it.

Now is the cover worth that much money or am I better off just buying the proper brp one here or does anyone have any other cover suggestions?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Using the brp Outdoor cover

Hi,
    I'm completely satisfied with the construction and design of this unit. It fits the bike very well and is water proof. We have had a few real good rains this summer and when I pulled the cover off, she was dry. Heavy winds never bothered it either. The strong elastic around the bottom holds very well. A good quality product, well worth it's weight in gold/purchase price.
    If you have any further concerns or questions, please feel free to ask or you may PM me.

Chas

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A lot of us live in our own little sheltered Worlds, and have no idea of shipping costs to some parts of the Planet...
    I have both the full, and travel covers from BRP, and they've always kept the bike protected and dry...
    Can you cancel the order, and get a full refund?
    Bulky items like these are usually less problematic; if you source them locally...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    A lot of us live in our own little sheltered Worlds, and have no idea of shipping costs to some parts of the Planet...
    Are you serious, what was the point of being nasty Bob Denman?

They had a price listed for international shipping for the item which was already a fair bit, which I paid, it's the asking for extra above the agreed price with no proof that I'm wary of.

What I asked was was the cover worth it and much different to the brp one.. Do you think the outdoor brp one would protect the bike from cat claws? Like I stated, the covermax is supposed to be a thicker material which is why I wanted to buy it.

The brp outdoor cover here ranges from $250 to $280 dollars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ttc View Post
    Are you serious, what was the point of being nasty Bob Denman?

They had a price listed for international shipping for the item which was already a fair bit, which I paid, it's the asking for extra above the agreed price with no proof that I'm wary of.

What I asked was was the cover worth it and much different to the brp one.. Do you think the outdoor brp one would protect the bike from cat claws? Like I stated, the covermax is supposed to be a thicker material which is why I wanted to buy it.

The brp outdoor cover here ranges from $250 to $280 dollars.
    I The vendor should ship the item to you with no additional cost, this is not your problem.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No intent to be nasty was intended... I was trying (rather poorly; I guess...) to mention that a lot of us who live closer to the points of origins for these products; just don't know what you have to deal with...
    relax... no insult was intended!

I'm not familiar with the cover that you wanted to buy; but I've got absolutely no complaints about my BRP covers...

Spyder Garage

Bad boy Bob
    Didn't sound offensive to me. But who am i

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

whatever it was that caused the fuss; it wasn't meant to be so...
    Are we good?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yep all good Bob. When you explain it the way that you meant it, it is fine

I contacted Amazon and they said yes, to pay them. I sent a reply email asking for a paypal account to pay the money to and they replied that they will only accept me ringing them and paying card over the phone.. Sure I'm going to ring America to pay someone who I'm already thinking is dodgy and give them my credit card details.. I've sent them another email to cancel to the order.

Still hoping to get some feedback on the covermax cover or a decent place to get one from that will send to me over here

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ttc View Post
    Yep all good Bob. When you explain it the way that you meant it, it is fine

I contacted Amazon and they said yes, to pay them. I sent a reply email asking for a paypal account to pay the money to and they replied that they will only accept me ringing them and paying card over the phone.. Sure I'm going to ring America to pay someone who I'm already thinking is dodgy and give them my credit card details.. I've sent them another email to cancel to the order.

Still hoping to get some feedback on the covermax cover or a decent place to get one from that will send to me over here
    Your decision to cancel the order sounds like a good one. Sorry, but I do not have any good info on the Covermax.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Self Help

Unless the cats are 1200 lbs and striped, you can buy or make yourself, simple sprays that will repel feline pests.

Would you like me to supply you with a few brand names or prefer a home recipe?

Predator Wolf Pee
    Four Paws Off
    Liquid Fence
    Get Off
    Natures Miracle Pet Block

Long list goes on, buy a bottle...

A thicker cover will be more mass to store, and better clawing material for the cats too. ;-)
    Let them really dig those claws in deep to sharpen them...

Chas
    Last edited by ChasCS; 09-19-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChasCS View Post
    Unless the cats are 1200 lbs and striped, you can buy or make yourself, simple sprays that will repel feline pests.

Would you like me to supply you with a few brand names or prefer a home recipe?

Predator Wolf Pee
    Four Paws Off
    Liquid Fence
    Get Off
    Natures Miracle Pet Block

Long list goes on, buy a bottle...

A thicker cover will be more mass to store, and better clawing material for the cats too. ;-)
    Let them really dig those claws in deep to sharpen them...

Chas
    How do they get Predator Wolf Pee? And how would I know it came from a real predator?
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe