arntufun

Default SpyderQuest 2014 team thanks you

On behalf of the SpyderQuest team, I would like to take the opportunity to thank all our guests for coming. It was a blast !!!!!! I sincerely hope you all had a wonderful time.

Secondly, I would like to thank our Vendors and Sponsors. Without your support SpyderQuest would not exist. You folks ROCK !!!!!

We would like to apologize for a few things .......

1. We left a few riders behind on one of the rides.

2. The dinner cruise. Although the cruise part was nice, I was assured the boat would seat us all comfortably. It was way to tight, so tight we didn't even have a dance floor. The food was terrible. The fettuccini was cold, tasted like crap and the cheesecake was still semi frozen. This is unacceptable and I will be expressing my displeasure very loudly today. Our guests deserved better and this will not happen again.

3. Parking at GEL on Friday and Saturday while they have other events going on. It was a cluster, so next year trailers will need to be put elsewhere in the other lot so everyone has enough space to park.

4. Shirt size raffle ticket hand out at closing ceremony. This took way too long. In hind sight, we already have your shirt size on your registration form, so this could be done at registration check in. I'm sorry about that.

5. The Waterpark should have been open for our guests to use on Wednesday. I didn't figure the turnout that would show up early would have been enough to open it up, but I was wrong. I definitely would have liked to see it open a day earlier. I'm sure I'm leaving a few hiccups out, but overall I couldn't be happier how SpyderQuest went (besides Saturday's rain).

The Positives

1. Our team. These folks worked there butts off for nearly a year to set this event up.
    2. Our guests. Spyder owners are so much fun to hang out with.......
    3. The rides. These rides were put together well and ran very smoothly !!!!
    4. The Host Hotel was unbeatable, the Comfort Suits was very nice as well.
    5. Closing Ceremony Farkle Bingo. Need I say more ?????
    6. Pies on Wheels !!!! I knew that this would be awesome when we hired them.
    7. Full Itinerary, There were things to be apart of from 6am-9/10pm each day if you wanted.

There are so many more positives, but I'll stop there.

Once again, I wanted to make sure to thank each and everyone of you for trusting us with your Ultimate Spyder Vacation at SpyderQuest 2014. We hope you all had a great time.
    Last edited by arntufun; 09-17-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Spyder Garage

. While the dinner cruise in and of its own was great - AWESOME SUNSET - the food was pretty bad. It was also disappointing that there was not a seafood offering for us folks who are not meat eaters. I had to ask for a knife to cut the cheesecake. Other than that , the overall experience was really great. Thanks to all of the event staff that made this possible for the rest of us. BTW, when does registration for SpyderQuest 2015 begin?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Every event will has its hicups.
    We all (guests, vendors and organisers) learn from them and make the next event that much better. But you guys rock.

My wife and I decided at the last minute to register and go for our 20th anniversay to SpyderQuest instead of Las Vegas. We have no regrets at all except not doing enought rides. Guess we might now be spending all our anniversary at SpyderQuest.

When do SpyderQuest 2015 registration open?
    Seriously, you deserve a break. Well done, again i applause all the organiser and cant wait to hear about SpyderQuest 2015 in the not to distant future i hope.....

Safe riding.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it was perfect ... there'd be no way to make it better for NEXT year!
    I'm sorry that I couldn't get North to it this year... But I AM looking forward to SpyderQuest 2015!

Thanks, for all of your Team's efforts and accomplishments!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Every event will have its hiccups! But you guys did an excellent job! We had a blast and really enjoyed the area!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    BTW, when does registration for SpyderQuest 2015 begin?
    That's what I want to know too. Can I sign up now ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tweaks

I had a great time overall, the organizers did a great job. Things to improve: host hotel had no lights on in the parking lot, most hotels have breakfast included with the room, host hotel would not give the group rate for Wednesday, vendors could not stay open Saturday and Sunday. Rides: maybe shorten rides with a lot of bikes to one tank of gas. Location: can the rally be moved around? Dinner cruise food was ok but the staff was eating the left overs before we were done eating. The boat was small, I had to sit right next to the kitchen in a very narrow area.

Great things: meeting new friends, Meeting old friends, riding to new locations, 9/11 memorial, PIES ON WHEELS!, Martha's, Vendors! The rooms were very nice.

I had a great time and would attend again, I can only see this thing getting bigger and better!

Len Laskowski
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Randy,

The way Deb and I look at it is that we thank you guys/gals doing all the hard work for us to enjoy ourselves. We don't care if it is not perfect. Spending time with great people and having a great time is all that we need. We did have a little mess up with our ride on Saturday but it was our fault and we made the best of it.

We enjoyed ourselves at this years event and you guys/gals have nothing to apologize for.

See you at next year's event.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If you are talking about the 7:45 am Friday ride, it was a great ride! Otter did a great job, yes there were a few hiccups, but the ride was a blast. We had a nice time at Spyderquest. The cruise was the only thing that was a bit disappointing. Last year's cruise was nicer. You guys did a great job! Thank you.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thank YOU --all the volunteers for a wonderful time yet again !!
    Yes...the cruise was disappointing especially compared to last year, and the weather on Saturday could have been better- but weather is always a wild card. Overall it was great and I hope you all move forward with plans for 2015. If you do...we'll be there !

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome SpyderQuest

Bill here from Web Boards,

Im a really easy guy to please... I have Nothing to complain about.., in fact I think the entire New York Spyder Riders and helpers involved did a Fantastic job!. The rooms and facility were very clean, all the events were well organized and most importantly ...All of the Spyder riders were so nice and it was a complete pleasure to meet each and everyone of them!

I really feel like I left with a much larger family when I left SpyderQuest... No kidding and I cant wait to see you all again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    inc had a great time overall, the organizers did a great job. Things to improve: host hotel had no lights on in the parking lot, most hotels have breakfast included with the room, host hotel would not give the group rate for Wednesday, vendors could not stay open Saturday and Sunday. Rides: maybe shorten rides with a lot of bikes to one tank of gas. Location: can the rally be moved around? Dinner cruise food was ok but the staff was eating the left overs before we were done eating. The boat was small, I had to sit right next to the kitchen in a very narrow area.

Great things: meeting new friends, Meeting old friends, riding to new locations, 9/11 memorial, PIES ON WHEELS!, Martha's, Vendors! The rooms were very nice.

I had a great time and would attend again, I can only see this thing getting bigger and better!

Len Laskowski
    Comfort suites breakfast was Included. I agree with the rides shorter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre-SpyderTV View Post
    What an event...articleseat job Spyderquest team....Until next year.... this is the video.

http://spydertv.net/en/videos-2/?wb_...d=0&movie=1400

Did u do any rides on the Spyder Pierre? Good articles

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spidergirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The pies on wheels was an awesome idea. I really enjoyed that as well. The music was awesome as well, something for everyone. As soon as you announce Spyderquest 2015, we are in!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You!

Having been involved in events something like this, I understand the amount of behind the scenes work involved. So... Thank You to your whole team. Well done.

Registered Users Peoriafirefighter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think you and Ron and your group of volunteers put on an excellent event that was very well organized. I enjoyed everything including the cruise. It's always fun to get together with old friends.

Spyder Garage

To you and all the organizers, my most sincere thanks. SpyderQuest 2014 was great. As was said, no event goes off without hiccups . . . and there weren't many. I'm eagerly awaiting the registration process for SpyderQuest 2015!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Just want to say what a wonderful time we had attending spyder quest. To all the organizers you did a marvelous job. Hat's off to you. Will look forward to next year.
    Allan & Ruth Irish
    Ontario Canada.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
    Having been involved in events something like this, I understand the amount of behind the scenes work involved. So... Thank You to your whole team. Well done.
    I have been involved in similar events, yes, their is ALOT of work that happens behind the scenes to make events work. I also would like give a BIG Thanks to all the volunteers, vendors, Host Hotels, Pierre from Spyder TV( doing interviews and taking videos) etc. for putting on Spyderquest 2014. I am looking forward to Spyderquest 2015. Deanna777

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

I need to say...thank you to the SpyderQuest team for all all you did to make this event happen!!! With the growth rate from last year to this year, hiccups will happen, but it was still a wonderful event!!! My husband an I had a great time and are looking forward to planning the trip to the 2015 SpyderQuest!!! Jean