Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TRY THIS

Quote Originally Posted by spyder123 View Post
    I'd like to put a michelin rear tire on my 2014 rt, but a dealer won't touch it because the size is different 215-60-15 than the original. I live in mesa, az. Any suggestions. I am not able to do it myself.
    Finless just re-posted an excellent VIDEO on rear tire re-moval......If you can't do that, any MTC shop probably could as long as they are a where of the things that need to be dis-connected to properly/safely remove the rear wheel.......or reach out to someone here for some help.................jmho....Mike

Spyder Garage

Heck, he puts me up for the night, buys the meals, and I would ride out to Mesa for the weekend and install it for him!
    Only a 450 mile ride each way.... Might be fun but please before the summer starts so I don't cook

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I should keep you in mind if you want to travel to King City. <g> I had oil change, change rear tire & bearings and it was $570. Plus the tire.

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Heck, he puts me up for the night, buys the meals, and I would ride out to Mesa for the weekend and install it for him!
    Only a 450 mile ride each way.... Might be fun but please before the summer starts so I don't cook

Bob
    ("It is a great day for hockey." Bob "Badger" Johnson)

KM6KSQ

2021 Blue RT Spyder
    Comfort Seat
    BajaRon Bar

2012 Bronze RT-Limited Spyder ///SOLD///
    Inspector Gadgets Floorboards $150 & Highway Pegs $65, BajaRon Bar, Corbin Seat & Armrests

2008 Yellow GS SM5 Spyder ///SOLD///
    Corbin Seat, Seal Floorboards, 3" risers, CalSci windshield, DWG Speakers, Spyder front and back decal, passenger foot peg extensions.

2015 Yellow Chevy Camaro Convertible

Spyder Garage

Default Some more Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    brp can't stop a tire company from selling tires regardless. They can suggest, recommend but thats it. If any of us put non recommended tires on and have a problem we will be the only ones responsible. But we are hearing this more and more. Vee Rubber (Arachnid) is making a spyder tire but have not heard much for some time now. I don't use car tires but do wish they would come up with some others that meet the specs for brp...

I purchased a set of VEE Rubber tires for my 2008 GS a couple of months ago as the local CAN AM dealer was back ordered for a couple of months on the BRP "approved" KENDA. Price was a small amount less and had free shipping, delivered within two days of ordering from Tire store. When mounted, the rear tire required no balancing weights and the fronts did need the same small amount of weight to balance. So far no loss of air at 1000 miles and counting. Traction and ride stability improved after a 100 miles or so. At first my SPYDER felt unstable, now it tracks very true with hands off. I'm happy but that is subject to change, for better or worse.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that the VEE tires are keeping you, "Spinnin' & Grinnin'"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black