Spyder Garage

Default Installing cat-delete plus JT's air cleaner

Yesterday it only took my friend and I about 7 hours to install a cat-delete and the air cleaner. Some of that time as taken up for dinner and we work slow. The cat job was easy and pretty fast to acomplish. But the air cleaner is a whole different story. The actual install of the air cleaner is a piece of cake. Removing the crap that is not needed anymore is a very big pain in the butt. We took of the mirrors first, followed by the the tupperware that is down below by ones feet, followed by the frunk, followed by the tupperware around the lights, followed by the tupperware that goes down the upper side on both sides. Now the poor looked real sad and almost naked. The next trick was to get the parts out of the places they were with out breaking wires and things. After all this was done we had a wonderfull time putting it all back together again trying to find all the screws and pins we took out.

I decided to start it without the trunk on so I could see what it sounded like and proptly got an check engine light. The error codes where P0113 and P2228. Looked them up and they are about tempatures and barametric pressure. Figured out without the frunk on the the temp guage does not work and this turned out to be the problem. I drove it home with no problems and it now has some new sounds that I will have to get use to. Will report on things after I get some miles on it.

Spyder Garage

Default Yeah..!!

the trunck has the sensor on it. That little thingy on the right side. Temp sensor for intake manifold temp etc. Hooked back up no harm done but at the next service the tech may wonder why those codes popped up..congrats on the install..!! even got dinner out of it..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Do you need fuel management?

Quote Originally Posted by lwrydr View Post
    Yesterday it only took my friend and I about 7 hours to install a cat-delete and the air cleaner. Some of that time as taken up for dinner and we work slow. The cat job was easy and pretty fast to acomplish. But the air cleaner is a whole different story. The actual install of the air cleaner is a piece of cake. Removing the crap that is not needed anymore is a very big pain in the butt. We took of the mirrors first, followed by the the tupperware that is down below by ones feet, followed by the frunk, followed by the tupperware around the lights, followed by the tupperware that goes down the upper side on both sides. Now the poor looked real sad and almost naked. The next trick was to get the parts out of the places they were with out breaking wires and things. After all this was done we had a wonderfull time putting it all back together again trying to find all the screws and pins we took out.

I decided to start it without the trunk on so I could see what it sounded like and proptly got an check engine light. The error codes where P0113 and P2228. Looked them up and they are about tempatures and barametric pressure. Figured out without the frunk on the the temp guage does not work and this turned out to be the problem. I drove it home with no problems and it now has some new sounds that I will have to get use to. Will report on things after I get some miles on it.

With both the cat by-pass and JT's air cleaner do you need a fuel processor? I'm getting a lot of popping and I only installed the cat by-pass. I was trying to avoid the fuel processor.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Gotta get me one! CAT deleted but still top speed no more than 96 mph. Mainly the heat relief I'm looking for though
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Registered Users Top End Unlimited's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Frunk

Do I have to take the frunk off to remove the air box for JT's air box to go on ?

Spyder Garage

Default Effects

Have not changed the fuel processor and from what I have read won't need to because the computer is smart enough to figue it out.

I don't drive that fast (96) so will probably never know what the top speed is. Twice I have gone 105 but that was when I was younger and on a Harley.

It does not pop so far but I only have driven it about 20 miles. It does make a sound a little like a Chevy with a 4 barrel when the other 2 barrels kick in between 4k and 5k rpms. After 5k the sound it settles down.

Removing the frunk makes getting to things a lot easyier to get to stuff.

So far I like it.

Registered Users Top End Unlimited's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default frunk

Quote Originally Posted by lwrydr View Post
    Have not changed the fuel processor and from what I have read won't need to because the computer is smart enough to figue it out.

I don't drive that fast (96) so will probably never know what the top speed is. Twice I have gone 105 but that was when I was younger and on a Harley.

It does not pop so far but I only have driven it about 20 miles. It does make a sound a little like a Chevy with a 4 barrel when the other 2 barrels kick in between 4k and 5k rpms. After 5k the sound it settles down.

Removing the frunk makes getting to things a lot easyier to get to stuff.

So far I like it.
    Thanks !