Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Wylie,
    He deals in hyperbole...
    Hyperwhat?????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

GIGANTICALLY huge emotional statements, that are designed to raise someone's ire...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spidergirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am on my second spyder and I love my STL.

Spyder Garage

Default Negative comments

I notice that all of you that love your spyder have a 12 or earlier or a 14 . How about us poor suckers that purchased the infamous 2013.

Spyder Garage

Default ride it every day

Quote Originally Posted by SL Ken View Post
    I have wanted a Spyder for several years. I started reading this site about a year ago and now don't know whether or not to jump in. I'm really very disappointed because I have been waiting all this time to get one and am now worried about a $25,000 investment that could go up in smoke, cook my legs, feet, etc. what I find interesting is that the people that are having these problems ARE on their second, third Spyder. That is very confusing to us newbies. I do know that forums are a place to air problems and try to get resolution but for heavens sake, some of these have PROBLEMS! So, I keep reading and waiting and hopefully I'll come to MY decision. A Goldwing trike would be an option but I could afford a 5-10 year old trike or a new Spyder. Doesn't seem like a very good option to me. Thanks for listening and thanks to the op for this thread to share what I've been thinking for awhile.
    I agree that some of what you read can be frightening.....BUT...Personally , I'm glad I waited for the 2014. I just ran another 1000 plus miles on it in the last three days, including 500 plus today. The odo says 9000 plus miles on a bike I picked up in May. It is so effortless and good that it is ridiculous. at least with the RT for sure, it's almost a no-brainer. Ride Safe and Practice. Ron

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JacCh View Post
    I am like him. I really got interested in a Spyder RT. My sister in law bought one last year and she really likes it and talks good about it but she has had a few problems. On my Honda trike I haven't had any problems at all and had a few Hondas and many miles without a problem. That is what is holding me up when I read all the problems Spyders are having. Still on the fence.
    The biggest with the Spyders is getting them repaired and some times finding a good dealer. The other part of the Spyder is the maintenance and the owners must get the maintenance done and read the Operator’s Guide. Alot of people don't even do the pre-ride check list. For the most part the Spyder are a good ride, execpt for the 2013 RT & ST. That's IMHO.

Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by agasperino View Post
    I notice that all of you that love your spyder have a 12 or earlier or a 14 . How about us poor suckers that purchased the infamous 2013.
    With the 2013 RS-S, our only concern is a warm left calf.
    And the price of 94 octane fuel here.

Chas

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A lot of that will depend on you and your bike.
    Have you had, or are you having; heat-related problems with it?
    If so; what do you plan on doing about it?
    It's probably WAYYYY.... cheaper, to modify the 2013; than to trade it in for the 2014... or 2015!
    LOTs of folks in here have made their 2013s run the way that BRP intended them to; just ask, and you'll get all of the help that you can stand!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Hows This!

We LOVE our 2013 ST Limited. 9000 miles and counting with no mechanical issues.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS