Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    At what RPM range do you typically notice this?
    Around about 4,700 but not always. If your accelerating up to speed through 4,700 you don’t get it. If your "right there" and maybe slightly accelerating you notice it. I don't get it when decelerating.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker2011 View Post
    Here is the simple solution to this whole thread.

The original poster should take their Spyder to the Dealer and ask them to correct the vibration , to their satisfaction, since an aftermarket solution to a defect on the Spyder will supposedly void the warranty .

After the dealer makes several unsuccessful repair attempts , email BRP and demand they step up and fix this vibration .

Simple , right? Exactly.

Why come on here and bash a vendor who supplies a product used by many many many Spyder owners , that greatly helps eliminate a situation that virtually all Spyders have ? Why not get your butt over to the dealer , demand they fix it and then in your words , make them feel the heat when they don't fix it.

Capt. Jim supplies a great product that made my Spyder a dream to drive , if you want to accept your Spyder with its vibrations the way it is, so be it. Otherwise you have two choices , demand it be fixed by your dealer (please report your results here) or put this simple straight forward part on and go spend your time enjoying your Spyder instead of spending it on hear crabbing......
    Excellent advise, I hope they raise it to 1195N.

I think it is time to put this thread to bed, at least about the warranty.

The question of the tensioner voiding the warranty is a reasonable and valid question that I do get occasionally. Thanks for all of your reasonable responses.

We all welcome intelligent dialogue and different points view and learning what to do or not to do by others experience. That's what forums are about and this is the best by far.

Trying to cause consternation through idiosyncratic thinking has no place here.

Obviously he has issues with everyone's advice and take on the subject, or nothing better to do. Let it go.

Now he is contacting me with a question through Ebay, which I recognize through his member name and spelling. "Dose your product void the factory warrenty? Retiredarmyman.

Enough already! Good bye Joe!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by capt.jim View Post
    Excellent advise, I hope they raise it to 1195N.

I think it is time to put this thread to bed, at least about the warranty.

The question of the tensioner voiding the warranty is a reasonable and valid question that I do get occasionally. Thanks for all of your reasonable responses.

We all welcome intelligent dialogue and different points view and learning what to do or not to do by others experience. That's what forums are about and this is the best by far.

Trying to cause consternation through idiosyncratic thinking has no place here.

Obviously he has issues with everyone's advice and take on the subject, or nothing better to do. Let it go.

Now he is contacting me with a question through Ebay, which I recognize through his member name and spelling. "Dose your product void the factory warrenty? Retiredarmyman.

Enough already! Good bye Joe!
    Jim +100......

That's what I like about you!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Smooth spyder...

Quote Originally Posted by cedarmeadow View Post
    About a week ago I purchased Smooth Spyder Belt Tensiiner for my 2013 RT SE5 as per the Spyder Lovers add page. While at my dealer for a oil change, I asked if I could get it put on next week. They informed me that it would Void the warenty from Can Am. Sent a E Mail to the vendor and asked why he dose not tell us that it Voids our warrenty in his add ? Glad I sent it back with confermed delivery, as he said had not got it. Sent him USPS delivery confermation and them he found it in his mail box. Did any one else know this ?
    Has taken all annoying belt vibrations out of my 2014 RT, Great, high quality product. I am very satisfied. Thank you capt jim.

Ronbo

Spyder Garage

Default I read this as...

Stent the question to the Manufacture BRP. This was there respone:

In response to your request and as mentioned in the exclusions of the warranty section of the operator's guide, the following are not covered under the manufacturing warranty;
    • Damage resulting from removal of parts, improper repairs, service maintenance, modifications, or use of parts or accessories not manufactured or approved by BRP or repairs done by a person that is not an authorized servicing BRP dealer;
    • etc;

will not be warranted under any circumstances.

We trust that you will understand the need to respect the conditions and limitations stipulated in the terms of the manufacturer’s limited warranty. You can refer to the warranty section of the owner's guide by using the following link: http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/

In there you will be able to read the following information related to the warranty:
    -------------------------
    I read this as...

we will not warranty anything put on your spyder that 1) we didnt make or provide 2) that was put on by anyone other than authorized service centers 3) that damages something we sold you or that we sold you and we put on.

so the stuff they put on and/or that they sell and they put on is still covered under the warranty unless it was damaged by the aftermarket part(s).
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sduskin View Post
    -------------------------
    I read this as...

we will not warranty anything put on your spyder that 1) we didnt make or provide 2) that was put on by anyone other than authorized service centers 3) that damages something we sold you or that we sold you and we put on.

so the stuff they put on and/or that they sell and they put on is still covered under the warranty unless it was damaged by the aftermarket part(s).
    I believe the pertinent part is the word before what you highlighted. "Modifications". The tensioner is a mod. I just bought Doc Humphries complete kit and my dealer said it would void the drive train warranty. Hmmmm. What to do now?
    [/IMG]

2012 RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium Metallic (traded in)
    2015 RT LTD SE6, Red Pearl, Ultra Comfort Seat
    MODS: shorty antenna, BajaRon sway bar, Air Hawk cushion, custom LED US flag, custom Sue Hopper painted SPECOPS hood logo, custom Combat Craft Crewman windshield engraving, cup holder, Doc Humphry's 2017 complete RT kit belt tensioner

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Warrant View Post
    I believe the pertinent part is the word before what you highlighted. "Modifications". The tensioner is a mod. I just bought Doc Humphries complete kit and my dealer said it would void the drive train warranty. Hmmmm. What to do now?
    We have had others have their dealer install them. I think you need to find another dealer to install it or install it yourself. Or contact us for a refund. As long as it hasn't been installed, we'll let you return it. Someone else will buy it. We sold 7 of them just today.

http://dochumphreys.wixsite.com/roadster

Just go to the contact area and message us.

And, FYI, any product not produced and installed by BRP is exactly in that same boat. Even their idler, if not installed by a BRP tech will fall into the same category.
    Last edited by Roadster Renovations; 05-08-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Belt Idler failure

The following was forwarded to me today from a fellow Spyder Ryder about the BRP idler:

Here is the comment - they have around 8k miles on it I think "I wanted to give everyone a heads up. Yesterday while on a vacation road trip in New Mexico the BRP belt idler on my F3T failed. I was feeling a vibration at a different RPM than what i had before. Then there was a squeal that probably lasted 30 secs or so. Then had a nurning plastic smell that did not go away. We were able to get to Ruidoso, NM. Went to use the tool kit remove the side panel and the torx supplied do not fit. Luckily there was an autozone around the corner. We ziptied it up away from the belt until we can get to a dealer."

This was a BRP product installed by the dealer.

I had predicted months ago that these would start failing on people out on the road.....

Spyder Garage

I had a smoothspyder tensioner on my RT 2012 14K I got me RT 2014 put the tensioner on it 25k, the tenisoner off my MY 2014 is on my RTS 2017 WITH 3K NO PROBLEMS END OF STORY.
    Homer Hill

Spyder Garage

About a week ago I purchased Smooth Spyder Belt Tensiiner for my 2013 RT SE5 as per the Spyder Lovers add page. While at my dealer for a oil change, I asked if I could get it put on next week. They informed me that it would Void the warenty from Can Am. Sent a E Mail to the vendor and asked why he dose not tell us that it Voids our warrenty in his add ? Glad I sent it back with confermed delivery, as he said had not got it. Sent him USPS delivery confermation and them he found it in his mail box. Did any one else know this ?
    Dealer is incorrect. BRP now sells one for the F3 (BRP part # 219800412), and there's an aftermarket adapter available for the RT. The other brands, including Doc Humphries complete RT kit, etc, do NOT void the warranty or even the drive warranty. A non-BRP part is not covered, naturally. Or if the part fails and causes damage it would not be covered. Naturally. I called BRP and verified this.
    [/IMG]

2012 RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium Metallic (traded in)
    2015 RT LTD SE6, Red Pearl, Ultra Comfort Seat
    MODS: shorty antenna, BajaRon sway bar, Air Hawk cushion, custom LED US flag, custom Sue Hopper painted SPECOPS hood logo, custom Combat Craft Crewman windshield engraving, cup holder, Doc Humphry's 2017 complete RT kit belt tensioner