Spyder Garage

Default SpyderQuest 2014 - A Texans Perspective

Well SpyderQuest 2014 is in the books, and it was an amazing event! I rode my Spyder from Dallas TX to Lake George NY, and let me share a few things from my SpyderQuest adventure!

So, on the way from TX to SpyderQuest I took my time, but did it at a quick pace! The first day was my longest leg with a 600+ mile day to visit my cousin in St. Louis.

Then I took off on Day 2 to Indianapolis for a fairly easy ride.

Day 3 was to take me from IN to Jamestown, NY... and that's when it got interesting! If you recall there was a HUGE storm coming through the midwest and when I left I was on the front edge of the storm, getting rained on for about an hour until I out ran it... this is what I call Spyder Surfing!!

Day 4 I rode from Jamestown East to Lake George, with a quick stop to visit another cousin. But as I was packing for 2 weeks, I had to pack light. All of my shirts were tech shirts with one long sleeve light wind breaker. However, it was this day that I realized I needed to get some warmer gear... so I stopped and got some Under Armour All Season gear!

Booking it East to SpyderQuest I arrived about 5:30pm, but I had a 5pm appointment with Netzley Tires to get a sway bar installed. These guys were all class... even though the opening ceremonies were beginning, they focused on getting my sway bar installed. This is what I call putting the customer first and I truly appreciated it... they bought a lot of recommendations from that alone!!!

So now comes the rides... September 12th! What a great way to start... first to the memorial and then to Equinox mountain. It was definitely a bit chilly but at least it wasn't raining! The scenery and logistics of this ride was fantastic. Were there errors in how people performed in the intersection guidance, of course, but for the most part it was fantastic. And the errors weren't due to lack of planning, rather lack of preparation from some of the participants... they didn't review the video prior to SpyderQuest that explained what to do! And the ride up Equinox mountain was AWESOME!! I wanted to really push my Spyder to find the limits, but I got caught in traffic and felt it might be bad manners to start passing everyone, but it was absolutely a blast. And the scenery was AMAZING!! A true example of admiring the beauty of this earth!

And then the second day outdid itself... the views and natural beauty of the Adirondack ride was AWE INSPIRING. What amazing natural beauty! Just WOW! And then the rain came and I again realized I didn't have all the right gear... my summer gloves are not wet weather cold gloves... man did it cold!! I can not express how beautiful this place was, regardless of the weather. And it was amazing to see all the pull-off areas for hikers full... people were still showing up in the rain to go hiking in the woods... some of those areas I caught glimpses of back in the woods were just majestic!!

And so after an hour of constant blow drying it was time to go back out and get wet again... but it's for a good cause... closing ceremony! And for the next 4 hours it was constant gift giving! The amount of gifts and prizes were almost ridiculous... the team and sponsors were unbelievably generous and really came through for all the participants! And I walked away with a bump skid from SpyderPops... thank you so much... Netzley just got through telling me I needed one!!

I took a chance on driving 2000 miles to check out this event and I have to tell you... if you have an opportunity, you will not be disappointed! I will definitely be wanting to return!

I can't thank the SpyderQuest team and sponsors enough... what an incredible group of people that are so giving of their time, sweat and even money! This was my first event I attended and it set a very high bar! Thank you so much... what an incredible location with absolutely humbling views that will truly show you the beauty of Gods creation!
    SmoothSpyder Backrest | Removed 'CanAm' graphics | ThermoTech II Wrapped Exhaust | 2014 Vented Side Panels | BajaRon Sway Bar | BajaRon Heim Links | Bump Skid (via SpyderQuest & SpyderPops) | Rivco drink bracket, reversed, with X-Grip for phone holder | BRP Ultra Touring Windshield | Givi Hard Saddlebags | Russell Day-Long Seat

Spyder Garage

Wow couldn't say it any better! Just arrived home in Michigan and this event was everything mentioned above and more. This was all about riding and the Ryder's. Job well DONE Spyderquest team!

911 Memorial - no words can say how well thus was put together. Rain returning back to host, all I thought of when it started raining was It's the tears of all the loved ones up in heaven letting their family know they are ok.
    Last edited by La20614; 09-14-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    I Love my
    Linda
    RTS SE5 2012 Red
    GOS member 871

Spyder Garage

pm sent!

Spyder Garage

Mount Equinox was an experiance! Up and down. And oh my word, what a view. On the ride that day, BB saw deer, a couple of woodchucks and other creatures. What amazing sceanery. There were some minor glitches, but with that many riders, they were few. I got caught in one of those glitches. While acting as intersection controller just one mile from Progressive, one of the counties finest graciously advised me that unless I was broke down, I needed to move or get a citation. Oh well, such is life.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Hey Jon,

It was nice meeting you at SpyderQuest.

Hope the ride back is going well.
    Here is a Pic of you leaving Sunday morning.

IMG_20140914_090038.jpg

PM me when you get back and i will email you the High Res version.
    Safe riding for the next few days.
    See you next year at SpyderQuest 2015 hopefully.

Lynda & Silvano

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Hi John,
    I thought you might like to know that we native New Englanders were chilly on that ride too. We were riding right behind you, so that is you in the picture. The wife took the picture over my shoulder, and she claims that it is blurry only because she was cold and shivering! Who am I to argue?

texas_john.jpg