Spyder Garage

Default 2014 Windshield Bracket Service Bulletin

Was riding for Taco Thursday and my windshield all of a sudden dropped and started flapping against the bike. Thank goodness I was doing about 40 and not highway speed. Now I am mechanically challenged but this is what happened. The center lower part of the windshield has a gold pin that holds it to a bracket. The pin should have two Phillips head screw looking ends. One end of the pin snapped off and the pin slid out releasing the bottom of the windshield. The top,two side brackets held. I had to walk back a couple blocks of my route and found the pin in the road. Was able to slide it back in and duck taped it to stay. Dealer replaced entire windshield bracket with new. Said he had checked mine before I picked it up new but my vin number was NOT included in bulletin. So keep an eye on lower bracket and check with your dealer to see if your vin is included. And if not still keep an eye on it since it seems to affect others as well. It was coverd under warranty.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Good news

Thankfully you weren't hurt.
    That heavy plate of plexiglass could have given you a very severe headache...
    Thanks for the info... Good call.

Chas

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We've heard of the struts cracking; but this sounds like a new wrinkle...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black