Thread: hwy pegs

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default hwy pegs

I am looking for hwy pegs for a 2013 rs. Used or new but would like to see what others think works well. I have no clue what I want. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amyred3 View Post
    I am looking for hwy pegs for a 2013 rs. Used or new but would like to see what others think works well. I have no clue what I want. Thanks.
    Checkout our vendors on the home page.

Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amyred3 View Post
    If I lived in the great state of Missouri I would head straight to Springfield and Visit Lamont's Garage or Pitbull Power sports. Between the two they know more, have more, about Spyders than anyone in the country.

Spyder Garage

Default It Depends On What You Want...

If you're only looking to stretch your legs, there are a host of options available.

If, like me, you're looking to relieve discomfort in the saddle, take a look at what I did:

I added the Utopia drivers backrest and KewlMetal highway brackets with Kury Mini Iso Wings. With the highway pegs set to the right placement, I can stand on them, leaning against my backrest, raising my seat off the saddle about an inch, and ride in that position for miles. My knees are straight, so they're not stressed. I'm leaning against the backrest so my arms and hands are relaxed. I can steer with one or two hands. I'm not standing so high as to look funny or raise my center of gravity too much. Air and blood flow to the areas that need them. As a result, instead of needing to get out of the saddle every 45 minutes, I can ride tank-to-tank, tank-after-tank & day-after-day with this setup. It revolutionized my ability to stay in the saddle with only a fraction of the cost of a new saddle-crapshoot. I've made two 4,000-mile & 10-day rides & have ridden 782 miles in one day with this setup.

I'm a heavy guy and the brackets and pegs hold me well. They come with a couple of links for each side, so you can adjust them to fit your legs.

Here are some pics of my setup

:

Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly