Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Has anybody else heard of, or owned; a defective 622?

"Soapbox-time", from a person on the sidelines... Much like the rest of the indignant; that are ready to "Storm the Bastille", on Karyl's behalf...
    They were confused by how this could happen, simply because it shouldn't have!
    She got a bent piece on her 622; that's all.
    There was no inherently unsafe design, no bean-counter poking the assembly workers to build it faster and with less waste, and certainly no intnet by BRP to cost themselves a whole bunch of bad press, and extra tires...
    Nobody's happier than I am that they're working to make it right (finally!), but jeepers; why not just organize a lynch mob, and ride up there!

Asbestos britches are on; fire away!
    BRP 's poor response has been going on since 2008 ,

spydee owner

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Has anybody else heard of, or owned; a defective 622?

"Soapbox-time", from a person on the sidelines... Much like the rest of the indignant; that are ready to "Storm the Bastille", on Karyl's behalf...
    They were confused by how this could happen, simply because it shouldn't have!
    She got a bent piece on her 622; that's all.
    There was no inherently unsafe design, no bean-counter poking the assembly workers to build it faster and with less waste, and certainly no intnet by BRP to cost themselves a whole bunch of bad press, and extra tires...
    Nobody's happier than I am that they're working to make it right (finally!), but jeepers; why not just organize a lynch mob, and ride up there!

Asbestos britches are on; fire away!
    Well said. We live in a world where if things don't happen immediately, then people get all bent out of shape. Yeah it took 5 months, could have taken less time, but did not. BRP did not handle this like a big auto maker I know of.

Spyder Garage

Default Good news..!!

I'm glad you are happy with the outcome. Sorry but I am dubious and disillusioned with the handling altogether. Still feel they should have replaced your trailer and sent yours back to be studied by their techs to avoid this happening to anyone else. Jmo...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default On The Fence

I think BRP lost a few sales because of this problem. Will delay any trailer purchase until I know what caused the beast to eat tires?

Spyder Garage

Sounds like good news, and I sure hope this is the fix.
    Would not want you to have to go through this on your ride to Alaska.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Glad to see progress.

Before accepting the trailer, any chance the guys installing the new suspension arm can verify the trailer is true to BRP dimensions. IN simple terms, a straight edge run forward from each tire, and a dimension to verify the hitch is centered would be comforting before they try and close this case.

Granted the are replacing the suspension arm, hopefully this will resolve the issue. Sadly, that arm is fastened to the trailers frame, and if that interface is wrong, all the new arms they send could be off.

I would also take the straight edge and verify the tires are note toe in or toe out (within a small tolerance hopefully toe in). Make sure it is correct or insist they keep the case open to verify tire wear with your new tire wear tool.

The silly part is, it is a trailer and they are not difficult to build to get great performance from them. Also, the trailer is simple to inspect for alignment, seems the difficult part is what to do when it is not aligned correctly.

Manufacturing defects do happen, poor customer service is all to common.

FWIW, if the shop does not have a pair of long straight edges, hook the trailer to the ball, use string and let it lay against the tires aft sidewall @ 3 & 9 O clock. Keeping the string taught ( I would feed the string over the tread, and into the wheels back side, tying to a spoke to prevent slip). With tension on the string (preferably tied to a concrete block at the front) walk the string in and out until it lightly contacts the tires front sidewall. Measure from string to trailer ball center. These should be equal.

Verifying toe with string can be done, but can be difficult ensuring the strings are straight. This also will require 4 concrete blocks. If the shop has alignment equipment it may be adaptable.

I would like to see this resolved 100% for you. Be sure to get the dimensions of what they found, and if they do it, how it is delivered upon this repair.

All the best with it

PK

Spyder Garage

That is GOOD NEWS!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Well, in spite of the major hassle and all the arguments about how and why it could have been solved sooner, better, and faster...

I'm celebrating with you!

Spyder Garage

Murph, please let us know if this is the final fix and not just another idea.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Awesome!
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

It's been a week since you mentioned they would replace the rt suspension arm. Still waiting, or has the trailer logged some miles to verify it is sorted out?

Just curious.

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Same here, waiting to hear if they actually fixed it THIS time or if more run around is in store....

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame