Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tried all of the above. Nothing worked. Finally installed the throttlemeister for can am spyders. If you already have cruise then this would not help. But it worked for me.

http://www.compacc.com/p/throttlemei...am-spyder-2008

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Crampbusters for me.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Checked your profile and don't see which model of you have. The early GS/RS models had weights that you could put into the handlebars that would cut down on the vibration, that helped on both my 2008 and 2009. The RT's through my 2011 seemed to be okay for me. The 2014 RT seems to have smaller grips than previous models. I went back to grip puppies on my 2014--that solved the problem for me.

Mention of other fixes above are all good.

Hope you get the issue solved soon. Driving with pain is never fun.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Checked your profile and don't see which model of you have. The early GS/RS models had weights that you could put into the handlebars that would cut down on the vibration, that helped on both my 2008 and 2009. The RT's through my 2011 seemed to be okay for me. The 2014 RT seems to have smaller grips than previous models. I went back to grip puppies on my 2014--that solved the problem for me.

Mention of other fixes above are all good.

Hope you get the issue solved soon. Driving with pain is never fun.

They dont make those vibration inserts anymore of the RS's. Although they still have them in the 2014 catalog. I tried ordering a pair so that is how I know.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    They dont make those vibration inserts anymore of the RS's. Although they still have them in the 2014 catalog. I tried ordering a pair so that is how I know.
    Good information. Thank you for the update.

Same issue with the electronic trunk latch button for RT's.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I've had that problem since I turned 40 (I'm 63 now) no matter what type of motorcycle I rode. I went with gel gloves and a Crampbuster. That works the best for me. On my last two wheeler I also had Kuryakyn grips, though I don't know how well they work with a Spyder.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Default Hand pain

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyj View Post
    Ive own my Spyder for about 6mth and I am experiencing alot of pain in my hands. This happens at a speed of 70mph or higher. My hands go numb and the thfrom the vibration is very painful. I changed my hand grips but nothing helps. Any suggestions...
    If the pain is truly caused by vibrationsj..."SMOOTH SPYDER BELT TENSIONERSZ" stopped vibrations. If not vibrations ,may be caused by blood flow to hands: use cruise controll and change arm and hand positio

RB

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I hit upon this by accident, but these really work for me. They are for using tools that vibrate, but work great on the RTS. I like the open fingers to push buttons.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-hal...rge-95544.html

All good answers from everyone. One additional thing is possible arthritis. I use my hands a lot as a mechanic and I take concentrated red clover. Hope you get it straightened out!

Spyder Garage

Default Hand Grips TricLED

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyj View Post
    Ive own my Spyder for about 6mth and I am experiencing alot of pain in my hands. This happens at a speed of 70mph or higher. My hands go numb and the throbbing from the vibration is very painful. I changed my hand grips but nothing helps. Any suggestions...
    Spyderpops hooked me up early on with a pair of the Foam ones from TricLED, my issue was the black stuff from the OEM ones rubbing off on my hands. But I was having a little bit of pain initially. Not so much now after the foam pads. But hands still go numb, but I think that is more from my wrist position while riding, my own dern fault on that one. But the Foam grip from TricLED just slide on over ur current OEM grips. Might be an inexpensive place to start... Just my 2 cents. Hope this

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    As far as I know, Raynaud's Syndrome is related to cold weather or when someone is under stress. At least that's what the medical texts from school say, that I still have. I also stayed at the Holiday Inn last night; so, you can take what I say with a grain of salt.
    You're not wrong wyliec. But temperature is not the the only trigger, just one of the possibles. I would get the symptoms even when driving the car! It's something
    that can get progressively worse. At first it manifests itself as 'white finger' which whilst not too painful, is uncomfortable. I ended up on a course of a procedure known as guanethidine block which was a very new thing back in the 80s. I had this procedure every other day for two weeks.
    It did the job. I now get very mild 'white finger' very occasionally. Circulatory problems like this can prove serious if left unattended and LadyJ needs to see her
    doctor at least to ascertain the problem. It could be carpal tunnel syndrome which nowadays is no big deal and very common.
    Hey! What do I know?!! Just my twopence worth...

Spyder Garage

The combination of really good leather gloves, my neo foam grips, and the throttle lock do the job. No numbness after 500 miles. My Spyder is smooth with no vibrations over 110mph so I also agree with the alignment and check your tire pressure too. i suggest going a little higher in psi than recommended by BRP. Good luck and experiment to see what works.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

For me the grip stress (I need to relax and change position periodically) as well as relax my shoulders. If I dont my hands go numb starting at the little fingers. I use a crampbuster on the throttle side along with good gloves--I have to buy several pairs a year.

All the anti-vibration stuff matters too. If you are feeling a lot of vibration in the bars definitely get the tires balanced/check inflation and the belt checked. Smoother ride may help your grip relax a bit too.
    The current rides:
    2010 Spyder RT SE5
    2007 VTX1800R
    1999 Valkyrie Interstate

Spyder Garage

Someone makes a spring that goes in the handlebars and absorbs vibrations. Many riders have told me it works.
    3:16

Spyder Garage

I have had the same problem with my RTS for a few years. I see that no one has piped in that had the same problems that purchased the adjustable bars from BRP. I know that the angle is wrong for me and I feel it in my wrists after a few hundred mile. I also changed the seat to the comfort BRP seat to see if that would help but it did not. Just ordered the grip buddies a week ago now called Supper Sharkskins and installed them. Seems better but I do not think that that is the solution. I thought that I had a irregular body configuration that put my wrist at the wrong angle for comfort. Now I know I'm not alone. Bob