Thread: Mods to 1910

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Mods to 1910

For those over 40 the Must Mods, 2in BRP plus 4 In Monster risers. Corbin Seats, EVO III wind Screen, 2in Mirror Extensions, Foot Boards, Givi Bags and Rack,m BRP Passenger Back Rest, Trailer Hitch, Fogs, Soft Grips, Gel Pads His and Hers, Front extended foot pegs. I just completed a 8200 Mile trip to the west and without the seat, risers, foot boards, windshield Bags and foot pegs I would not have been able to endure the trip. New Mods for 2009. H-7 Lamps, Preload rear shock, Handle bar weight and grips, Spyder shock socks, Helmit lock on the 3" left on handle bars from 4" risers thanks Lamont for the idea, Rider seat rest from Corbin.
    Last edited by ciguy50; 04-13-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: New mods

Spyder Garage

lets see some pics from the ride please.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Pictures (not the 1756)

Pictures on trip

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks good - man you put some bucks into that baby to make it yours-right on.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ciguy50 View Post
    For those over 40 the Must Mods, 2in BRP plus 4 In Monster risers. Corbin Seats, EVO III wind Screen, 2in Mirror Extensions, Foot Boards, Givi Bags and Rack,m BRP Passenger Back Rest, Trailer Hitch, Fogs, Soft Grips, Gel Pads His and Hers, Front extended foot pegs. I just completed a 8200 Mile trip to the west and without the seat, risers, foot boards, windshield Bags and foot pegs I would not have been able to endure the trip.
    8200 miles ...... how long did that take .....
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

did you have a tow behind trailer
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Gotta know about those footboards for rider and passenger. Parts needed where and how much please? They look awesome!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The trip took six weeks (not all riding) I pulled an Arizona trailer from trimaster in Indiana.

Spyder Garage

Default hitch?

What hitch is that? Does the Bushtec work with Givis?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

hi may i ask you a question ,where did you get your floor boards ? i have been trying to find some like that for my spyder.thanks ed

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ed,
    The e-mail address is, djsmith1413@verizon.net.or 717-225-1413,ask for Dean

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What trailer hitch are you using?

For those over 40 the Must Mods, 2in BRP plus 4 In Monster risers. Corbin Seats, EVO III wind Screen, 2in Mirror Extensions, Foot Boards, Givi Bags and Rack,m BRP Passenger Back Rest, Trailer Hitch, Fogs, Soft Grips, Gel Pads His and Hers, Front extended foot pegs. I just completed a 8200 Mile trip to the west and without the seat, risers, foot boards, windshield Bags and foot pegs I would not have been able to endure the
    trip.
    I've been looking for a trailer hitch that is compatible with the Givi System. What one are you using and did you have to modify it to work with your bags?

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

That looks comfy just looking at it. nice job

Roger

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailer hitch's

Quote Originally Posted by bakerman View Post
    I've been looking for a trailer hitch that is compatible with the Givi System. What one are you using and did you have to modify it to work with your bags?
    Hi my name is ALan and I live in North Queensland Australia. I am using the Mels Monster Garage hitch which fits on the swing arm and works brilliantly and definatly does not effect my givi paniers. I have done thousands of kilometers and have had everything checked and all is great.I get no trailer sway like you can get with suspesion mounted systems. You will have a lot of would engineers tell you they are no good, so dicided to try and find out myself. I am very happy, regards, Alan.[

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrims View Post
    Hi my name is ALan and I live in North Queensland Australia. I am using the Mels Monster Garage hitch which fits on the swing arm and works brilliantly and definatly does not effect my givi paniers. I have done thousands of kilometers and have had everything checked and all is great.I get no trailer sway like you can get with suspesion mounted systems. You will have a lot of would engineers tell you they are no good, so dicided to try and find out myself. I am very happy, regards, Alan.[
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping for ciquy50 to respond as well and tell me what kind he has installed in the pictures. It looks like the Hannigan model but I can't tell.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Key Hole

CIGUY 50:

I see the key on your spyder has a hole in it. I thought there was a computer chip in the key and you would not want to drill a hole. Where and how did you know where to drill the hole for the key chain.
    Wayne

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Key

Also noticed that you have your key on a keyring?? Did you drill a hole through it?? Like to know.............thanks
    Pictures on trip