Thread: Accident

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Accident

On Saturday after a uneventful two houre ride, I was nearly home and had stopped for a car that was backing out of a driveway approxitmaly 20 feet in front of me when I was hit from behind. It was a slow speed impact and I was not thrown. I immediatly shut off the Spyder and climbed off. The driver of the suv that struck me was very concerned as were the homeowners on either side of the road. Police and EMT 's arrived and reports generated. Other than an elevated Blood Pressure, I was fine. The Spyder,well, not so much. The rear fender, fender supports were damaged and prevented the rear tire from rotating. The belt also also appears to be out of adjustment. Thanks to the tow operator, we were able to get the Spyder home. I placed a call to my insurance. Tomorrow I will contact the other drivers insurance.
    Its not that I am angry. I am happy to be okay. The Spyder can be fixed or replaced. But with just over 2500 miles,and being I bought it with 1955, I am understandabley annoyed.
    Please wear your gear..ATGATT.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wink

A little over $2000 for a slow speed rear ending ( she was watching the other traffic) on a 2010 RT-S with CUSTOM paint!!! OUCH!! ATGATT is REALLY good advice. No harm to me but with out my "buick" Spyder for over a month!!! DOUBLE OUCH!!!My dealer did a BEAUTIFUL job!! on the repair.

Spyder Garage

Was texting or a cell phone involved?

Glad you are ok, yes Spyders can be repaired or replaced.

Go for the most you can get, even a new machine. Ensure they inspect for a bent frame, often an easy way to total a motorcycle.

PK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post

PK
    Yep, also glad you are OK. Pertinent question about the cell phone, though it doesn't make much difference in one particular case, such as yours. Even so, NOTHING makes me more mad than to see people driving while on a cell phone. Texting is even worse, but Soooo many people do it. It's just crazy!
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry to hear that you've joined the club... 10-11-11 04.jpg (Mine was self-inflicted.)
    The fact that you're okay; is really what matters most!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Distracted

The only statement made was he was distracted by his dog in the back seat and was attempting to lower the rear window for the dog..the old "Blame the dog"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The old,
    "When Grandma farts; we beat the dog." defense...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    The only statement made was he was distracted by his dog in the back seat and was attempting to lower the rear window for the dog..the old "Blame the dog"

Why is everyone always trying to blame us dogs??

Sheesh...

Spyder Garage

DITTO! Both of my hits in my cars this year were by texters!

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post

Go for the most you can get, even a new machine. Ensure they inspect for a bent frame, often an easy way to total a motorcycle.

PK
    3:16

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DO THIS ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    On Saturday after a uneventful two houre ride, I was nearly home and had stopped for a car that was backing out of a driveway approxitmaly 20 feet in front of me when I was hit from behind. It was a slow speed impact and I was not thrown. I immediatly shut off the Spyder and climbed off. The driver of the suv that struck me was very concerned as were the homeowners on either side of the road. Police and EMT 's arrived and reports generated. Other than an elevated Blood Pressure, I was fine. The Spyder,well, not so much. The rear fender, fender supports were damaged and prevented the rear tire from rotating. The belt also also appears to be out of adjustment. Thanks to the tow operator, we were able to get the Spyder home. I placed a call to my insurance. Tomorrow I will contact the other drivers insurance.
    Its not that I am angry. I am happy to be okay. The Spyder can be fixed or replaced. But with just over 2500 miles,and being I bought it with 1955, I am understandabley annoyed.
    Please wear your gear..ATGATT.
    ......Find out if the Police will verify if the the other operator was ...TEXTING ....USING A CELL PHONE ETC...this can all be traced for usage after the fact....................just sayin......Mikeguyver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad your alright!
    Ive been rear ended on bikes twice now (not the spyder though) and both times I've been stopped when hit. The second time i actually saw it coming and "almost" was able to move up the side of the car in front of me. It's amazing how many bikes are involved in rear end collisions. Almost like people get tunnel vision in a car.