Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool In mexico

You should see how much attention my spyder gets here in Guadalajara. People always come up to ask for the price , Here the new model goes for around 500,000 pesos (about 40,000 us dollars.) , so people get shocked and insist its just an expensive toy. You dont see too many spyders here.

Spyder Garage

Default Mileage?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    As a matter of fact, that was the tipping point for my purchase of the '14. I was tired of hunting for gas stations every 100 miles...

Hi,

I brought a 2014 STS SE 5 and I only get around 25. You mean the earlier models are worse than that on gas?

Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Ron Jon Sway bar

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    I'm not annoyed that people ask me questions. At this point I probably know more about Spyders than most of the salesmen do and they have to get their info from some place. When they ask how much, I simply tell them they can be bought anywhere from 17000 to 30000, depending on the model and features.
    \\ Hi Steve,

C U installed the anti sway bar on your 2014 machine. Any difference?

Joe

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=sddinnh;866885]I'm not annoyed that people ask me questions. At this point I probably know more about Spyders than most of the salesmen do and they have to get their info from some place. When they ask how much, I simply tell them they can be bought anywhere from 17000 to 30000, depending on the model and features.[/QUOTE

Sorry, meant baja ron sway bar

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tplayer49 View Post
    Hi,

I brought a 2014 STS SE 5 and I only get around 25. You mean the earlier models are worse than that on gas?

Joe
    How are you riding it?
    Where are your shift points?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dubld View Post
    By far, the most annoying question I get is "How much does it cost". It infuriates me that people can be that rude. Number 2 is "What kind of gas mileage does it get". Has anyone ever bought a Spyder for the gas mileage?
    I doesn't bother me when someone asks how much it costs...it tells me they may be interested in getting one. I've yet to get a question about the Spyder that bothered me.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Hi,

Joe
    The STS with the Rotax 998 gets an average of 30 mpg. We usually get 31-32 on our 2011 998. Shift points recommended for the 998 are in the 5000 rpm range. Keeping the engine in the 5000 rpm range makes the engine "happy" and usually results in better rather than lower mileage numbers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

\\ Hi Steve,

C U installed the anti sway bar on your 2014 machine. Any difference?

Joe
    Yah, it makes a difference, but it's hard to quantify. Between that and replacing the stock shock with Elkas, big difference