Spyder Garage

Default Front trunk light?

Brochure says my Limited is supposed to have front trunk light. Can't find one. Also says it comes with comfort seat. Didn't. What ELSE was exaggerated?
    3:16

Spyder Garage

The light is most likely there and behind the trunk liner. Have a look at the forward left corner of the trunk liner for a slot that the light pokes through.

Worse case, peel the gasket up, and move the trunk liner back to have a look. Takes about one minute and you'll have it dialed in. Not sure why dealers don't verify the light is unobscured.

As for the seat, there was talk of this months ago. Somehow I got the impression the RT Limited does come with an upgraded seat from the RT and RTs. Seems the call it a comfort seat. The catalog option seat is also called a comfort seat but is a different comfort seat. Who knows I may be totally wrong. It's been a while since this was talked about.

The real missing item, and some have bitched and had it added for no $ was the electric release for the front trunk.

Regardless, the sales literature explains that features may change without notice.

All the best with it.

PK

Spyder Garage

This is a copy from the RTL sales stuff. They used the words ultra-comfort which got confusing.

This ultra-comfort touring saddle has exclusive embroidery and comes in different colors to complement the color of the vehicle for an amazing look.

If this link works, it shows the available seat options and costs for each.

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/build-a...modelYear=2014

Even the RTs could be misread.

NEW TWO-TONE SEAT

COMFORT AND STYLE

This ultra-comfort touring saddle has an exclusive look with an eye-catching dual color scheme.

PK

Spyder Garage

Thanks; I agree on the electric front trunk latch. Mine doesn't release unless I press down on the lid while operating the key- a rather gymnastic move!

Spyder Garage

If there's a light, it's the best hidden light ever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Left side, and up near the front...
    It's in a recess that you can feel (but NOT see...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The light is there.... the key must be in the 'ON' position and frunk lid open to work....

Spyder Garage

It took me a year to find the frunk light on my 2010 RT. Find a night with no moonlight and a spot where there is absolutely no external light and you may find it. I'm not sure but I think the engine had to be running or the key to be in the on position for it to work.

2014 RT Limited - Black / Currant

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mtdoragary View Post
    Thanks; I agree on the electric front trunk latch. Mine doesn't release unless I press down on the lid while operating the key- a rather gymnastic move!
    I'm just the reverse! I spent the money to install the electric release on my RT (base models don't come with it) and have found it to have been pretty much a total waste of money. I almost never need to open the frunk when the ignition is on, so it's a pain to turn the ignition on and then off just to open the frunk. If I had known that the key can be pushed and turned to open either the seat or frunk even when the bike is running, I wouldn't have bothered.

You should be able to adjust the latch so that the lid will pop free when the key is turned. Mine does.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

The trunk light is a joke, it is about 1/2 an LED. BRP has used the word "comfort" to describe all of their seats. I guess calling one "non-comfort" might not have sounded good.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    I'm just the reverse! I spent the money to install the electric release on my RT (base models don't come with it) and have found it to have been pretty much a total waste of money. I almost never need to open the frunk when the ignition is on, so it's a pain to turn the ignition on and then off just to open the frunk. If I had known that the key can be pushed and turned to open either the seat or frunk even when the bike is running, I wouldn't have bothered.
    If you want to remove it, and get it out of your garage... PM me!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 09-01-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Frunk light

It took me two years to find this light. I was doing some work on the bike before our July vacation and had the key on with the frunk lid open and I saw the light! Front left if you are sitting on the seat.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    The light is most likely there and behind the trunk liner. Have a look at the forward left corner of the trunk liner for a slot that the light pokes through.

Worse case, peel the gasket up, and move the trunk liner back to have a look. Takes about one minute and you'll have it dialed in. Not sure why dealers don't verify the light is unobscured.

As for the seat, there was talk of this months ago. Somehow I got the impression the RT Limited does come with an upgraded seat from the RT and RTs. Seems the call it a comfort seat. The catalog option seat is also called a comfort seat but is a different comfort seat. Who knows I may be totally wrong. It's been a while since this was talked about.

The real missing item, and some have bitched and had it added for no $ was the electric release for the front trunk.

Regardless, the sales literature explains that features may change without notice.

All the best with it.

PK
    Low and behold, I've seen the Light!
    Thanks for pointing out it just might be behind the liner!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

On 2010 RTs the engine had to be running to open the trunk with the switch. 2011 and above, just need the key on. The light is useless. I have word that an aftermarket light is in R&D.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Kewlmetal sells (or at least sold...) A real nice LED strip, that you could wire into the system...