Spyder Garage

Default MY NEW SIDE PANELS

Had my dealer install the new ST side panels this week under warranty. I have had no major heat problems since I bought the my ST-S in January of '13 but I thought,why not, if I didn't have to pay for them. I can already tell the difference. Riding 90 miles from the dealer to home yesterday in 91 degree heat, I felt no heat whatsoever on either leg from my thighs to my feet. Today I rode over 120 miles in 88 degree weather and had the same experience. Gas cap was cool to the touch. I would suggest the new panels for any '13 ST rider unless you have installed LED's or other lights on the Can-Am panels on either side and don't want to redo lights. These panels should have been on the '13 ST's from the beginning. I still have my cat converter but I do have JT's air filter kit that I installed about 3 months ago. I will be posting some Baker leg wings in the for sale section now that I do not need them.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up New panels

I'm glad it worked out for you and I hope BRP do the right thing for everyone else.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    BRP Carbon black sports rack & backrest
    Custom Dynamics LED converted taillights & black tag bolts
    WrapMySpyder carbon dash kit & GT stripes & graphics
    Bestem USA carbon side fairings, belt guards & under tail
    Procoat NZ powder coated wheels
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround
    Spyderpops 3D SS Grille set

Spyder Garage

Default Warranty Work

Quote Originally Posted by NZSpyderRyder View Post
    I'm glad it worked out for you and I hope BRP do the right thing for everyone else.
    I just bought a 2013 ST-LTD and told the dealer not to deliver until warranty work was complete, including heat management issues. We'll see whether BRP takes care of folks in line or new buyers first.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMcC View Post
    I just bought a 2013 ST-LTD and told the dealer not to deliver until warranty work was complete, including heat management issues. We'll see whether BRP takes care of folks in line or new buyers first.
    The new 2014 panels are technically not a warranty issue right now. However, BRP will replace the panels under warranty to those who have heat issues if that makes any sense. BRP didn't want to replace mine when I called them, they said I would have to pay for the "upgraded panels". I went to my dealer and they got me the panels under warranty.

Spyder Garage

Default Hope Springs Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Supernam View Post
    The new 2014 panels are technically not a warranty issue right now. However, BRP will replace the panels under warranty to those who have heat issues if that makes any sense. BRP didn't want to replace mine when I called them, they said I would have to pay for the "upgraded panels". I went to my dealer and they got me the panels under warranty.
    I've made it clear that we all know about the heat issues and it makes no sense to deliver and then wait with crossed fingers that the customer has to come back and validate heat issues. But...we'll wait and see. If they in fact do fix it before delivery, I'm going to be the biggest fan of that dealer and shout their name all over the Northwest.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear the panels improved the ride. Don't sell your Baker Air Wings though as they help keep you warm when it is cold too.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Wings

But Ann, there is no place to mount the wings now that I have the new panels.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    But Ann, there is no place to mount the wings now that I have the new panels.
    Darn, that is a problem then isn't it?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Wings

In the winter I ride with insulated pants and wool socks with my boots. Don't think I will miss the Baker wings.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

What is the difference in the new panels? pics plz.
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2013 2014 panels.jpg
    looking at the pic...right side is 2013...left side is 2014....right side no air intake...left side air intake....made a big difference in the amount of heat

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Yea the Panels do make a noticeable difference at speed but not so much in town. Although the heat point location changed. Even at that, once you can get it back up to speed for a while, it does cool back down.

Spyder Garage

PRO = Cooler ... last time usually always the fan is running when riding in warm weather after turning off spyder ST. this time I shut off Spyder and quiet! no fan!

CON = more wind resistance (to me in windy head conditions) feels more closer now to the RT AND also all the bugs and rain is now funneled into the engine compartment ... (hoping for a spyderpops solution soon)...
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    CON = .....also all the bugs and rain is now funneled into the engine compartment ... (hoping for a spyderpops solution soon)...
    I wonder if any '14 ST owners could chime in on the above?
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    PRO = Cooler ... last time usually always the fan is running when riding in warm weather after turning off spyder ST. this time I shut off Spyder and quiet! no fan!

CON = more wind resistance (to me in windy head conditions) feels more closer now to the RT AND also all the bugs and rain is now funneled into the engine compartment ... (hoping for a spyderpops solution soon)...
    I'd think some mesh over it would stop the bugs. Rain, wouldn't be much of a problem IMO, but who knows?

Spyder Garage

My cousin just contacted BRP for the new panels on her STS and was told that she has to go through the dealer who will assess it to see if new panels are needed. My wife just had to email. She got a case number the next day and the panels were ordered without the dealer having to see it. I guess BRP is clamping down.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Extreme propulsion Cartersville GA rocks

Picked up my STS today from the 600 mile service and had the new panels put on while it was there. 100 miles home and it is a big difference ...no heat under the seat or legs...I love it!
    if you send a nice email to BRP they will get you the panels.....she purred like a kitten all the way home!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGAAZ View Post
    Picked up my STS today from the 600 mile service and had the new panels put on while it was there. 100 miles home and it is a big difference ...no heat under the seat or legs...I love it!
    if you send a nice email to BRP they will get you the panels.....she purred like a kitten all the way home!
    What all did you include in the email? Vin?
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Default Great news..!

am hearing good things about the panels. Hope they can get them to all quickly cause soon it will cool down and the change will be less noticable...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Vin

Told BRP that I loved my ride but was having excessive heat in seat and leg area. Also reference the original case number from another thread that would fix this issue. Asked them to please send me a case number so I could get the panels replaced. They contacted me ,asked for my VIN and then sent me my case number. I gave my case number to my dealer and that was it.....so glad I took a chance on the 2013. I love the ST....perfect balance of sporty and good riding position. My opinion it is the best model out there. Good luck