Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

There is a ride where you take a ferry accross the lake.
    It is ran by midot since the valley was filled wi water due to dam
    Lot if fun

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder rydes?

Would like to take rydes through the country side and see the sites as well as stopping for meals along the way.
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default INCREDIBLE and unlimited and awesome

Roads to ryde in the Springfield area....MoGang will "kick butt" on offering attendees of Spyderfest 2015 the BEST there is....if you don't like group ryding, then get the route and go solo!!! That is the beauty of Spyderfest...your event, organized by Len & Vanessa of Pitbull Powersports...energized by MoGang...vendors galore...oh yea...nothing like it. Spyderfest is IMHO...always something new and most importantly are the folks...yep the BEST of the BEST.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default Couldn't have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The idea of "herding" the riders is a good one. We limit our group rides here to 8 or less per group. We also leave a five minute gap between groups.

Groups should also have similar riding capabilities. Slow riders, fast riders, experienced riders, newbies.

Motorists get less ticked off if they can get around a small group. It is very cool to be a part of a large group (have ridden in 100+), but not good for safety factors. Large groups encourage cagers to cut in or forget about safety just to get the heck away from there.
    Have done all of those myself. A absolutely agree with your points. Only thing I would change is make the group spread 15 minutes. My experience is that at around 5 minutes, the second group always catches up. Then you are back to one large group.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dlby View Post
    There is a ride where you take a ferry accross the lake.
    It is ran by midot since the valley was filled wi water due to dam
    Lot if fun

I believe that this is called the "Peels Ferry" ride

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Peel Ferry info with map

http://www.harrisonarkansas.org/c_upe_view.php?id=51

ToM
    SpyderFest '15

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

Good luck on finding enough Ride Captains to break into groups of 15. I would suggest finding start/meet points outside of the Springfield built up area preferably on the side in the direction of the planned ride, stoplights do not work well with group rides unless you have police support. You may not have a problem with large groups as it is since the focus of the last couple of spyderfests has been on vendor village.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Zumo 660 Approved?

Q1. Will the rides be "ride tested" for GPS accuracy?
    Q2. And can the routes be uploaded to Garmin Base Camp for installing in the Zumo 660?

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'll be happy to help as ride lead with Mark as tail.....we have CB's.....but to keep a group together.....if someone behind you catches a light or you make a turn...you pull over and wait.....at ever turn someone waits for the group....no need to ride like a crazy person...someone is waiting for you....ride the speed limit.....the group wants and needs to stay together...be courteous...watch and wait for the rider behind you....someone is waiting for you

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Default Raise in Marshfield

The last two years Docrags & I have lead rides at Spyderfest with luck we will be there again this year.

I have three or four ride planned all back roads, going by local restaurants

Working on a ride to peel ferry going straight down Hwy 129 out of Strafford, then going over to Harrison, AR. For lunch at a local restaurant.

If anyone wants to look at the ride I will try to email you a Google map of it. I haven't email a link before, but will try.

Spyder Garage

I suggest having a tailgunner as well as a leader; and comma actions between the two. Our experience in the past was that on each ride we were on, part of the group got separated when going through towns because of lights, stop signs and traffic.

Spyder Garage

You might look into the Glympse Mobile App for guided rydes as well. You can create the route, as well as the group, and it will share your GPS location real time, for those who are joining in, or need to catch up. If the other group riders join the glympse group, you can keep track of their location as well. My bicycle cruiser club uses this. It's good for keeping track of lost souls.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....glympse&hl=en

My vote is for a Eureka Springs ryde, as I have family living there. This would be my first time doing a Spyderfest group ride, and my first time on the HWY 62 twisties, so I'd definitely be considered a newbie.

Looking forward to 2015!

Katy in CO

Spyder Garage

Default Rides

Isn't it great that Spyderfest is right around the corner or do I mean twisty! Lol At our December meeting the rides were discussed. We are looking at a different ride for each of the designated days for rides. We are looking at groups of no more than 20 to 25 bikes per group. The groups will be staggered about 30 minutes apart. These will be scenic rides with points of interests, gas and food. We will have a set start time for the first group and then staggered every thirty minutes for the rest until all are part of the ride. This way if someone falls behind they can hook up the next group. I have had a few people IM me about being ride captains. I really appreciate that and hope to hear from more. Remember, we want this to be a fun, memorable and safe experience for all. As we progress with plans I will keep you all posted. Until the next post, have a safe and happy holiday.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mac spyder View Post
    Can you believe it, we are starting to plan for Spyderfest 2015. We have listened and read responses to the ride routes of Spyderfest 2014. One of the most frequent responses was the lack of group rides. The decision not to have group rides was based on safety concerns due to the number of riders and rider experience on the rides. Based on your feedback, we have decided to re-institute the group rides for Spyderfest 2015. I would like to use this post to get feedback on the number of rides and the types of rides you as attendees would like to see. Also anyone that would like to volunteer as a ride captain, you can pm me. As this event keeps growing, so will the need for ride captains. The ride routes for 2015 will also include points of interest for the rides. One other negative response was that the ride routes were not in the program. The ride routes once determined will be placed back in the program for 2015. So, to help us plan for another great event please share your ideas for ride routes. Thanks in advance.

Mac Spyder
    we would probably go on a ride every day assuming they are all different.
    THE BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    we would probably go on a ride every day assuming they are all different.
    THE BIG F

I feel certain that there will be more rides/routes than you can go on during Spyderfest.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest Rides

Mac Spyder,
    My wife and I have a home on Table Rock Lake, Branson, MO. and would volunteer to captain some rides during Spyderfest 2015. We both have Spyder RT's (a 2012 & a 2014) and have guided several groups from our house , usually with some of our two wheeled friends. We have several different routes we use, mainly around Bull Shoals or Table Rock lakes and the Pig's Tail Route or Eureka Springs, Arkansas. I have had a second home in the Branson area for over 20 years , so we are very familiar with the area. We are both retired, and spend about half our time at the lake, and are available for anytime needed.
    We would suggest trying to keep the number of bikes on a ride be at a manageable number considering the route taken. The number of bikes should considering the route, ie,, a ride around Bull Shoals Lake utilizing the Peel's Ferry crossing, bear in mind that the ferry will only hold about 18 bikes and the turn around time is about 45 minutes. This is assuming that there are no cars crossing at that time. It is operated by the Arkansas Highway Dept., so you have to plan on having regular vehicle traffic too, and there is not short ride alternate route.
    Let us know if we can be of any help during Spyderfest 2015.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bestill45 View Post
    Mac Spyder,
    My wife and I have a home on Table Rock Lake, Branson, MO. and would volunteer to captain some rides during Spyderfest 2015. We both have Spyder RT's (a 2012 & a 2014) and have guided several groups from our house , usually with some of our two wheeled friends. We have several different routes we use, mainly around Bull Shoals or Table Rock lakes and the Pig's Tail Route or Eureka Springs, Arkansas. I have had a second home in the Branson area for over 20 years , so we are very familiar with the area. We are both retired, and spend about half our time at the lake, and are available for anytime needed.
    We would suggest trying to keep the number of bikes on a ride be at a manageable number considering the route taken. The number of bikes should considering the route, ie,, a ride around Bull Shoals Lake utilizing the Peel's Ferry crossing, bear in mind that the ferry will only hold about 18 bikes and the turn around time is about 45 minutes. This is assuming that there are no cars crossing at that time. It is operated by the Arkansas Highway Dept., so you have to plan on having regular vehicle traffic too, and there is not short ride alternate route.
    Let us know if we can be of any help during Spyderfest 2015.
    Beautiful country and ride area. Stayed at Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock a few years back.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red