Spyder Garage

Post BRP Sneak Peak - 2015

BRP just posted the below photo to Facebook along with this caption:

"Freedom like never before is less than a month away! Each Wednesday we'll give a new sneak peak. Just watch for this image. #CanAmSpyder#F3 - RIDING HAS EVOLVED."

I'm curious: what is the 'sneak peak' of? They already released a professional photo of the F3. The Spyder in the background of this photo...looks like the same model type from the photo released a couple weeks ago, no?

- CJ
    DET | DAL | NYC

Spyder Garage

Before the images of the F3 were "leaked" the marketing department had a plan in place to do a "strip tease" and slowly show you more and more of the new F3 over time.

Since the leaked images showed you the whole banana all at once, that kind of screwed up the strip tease approach. What to do? They will likely continue with it, as many outside of this forum have not seen the leaked images, so they will continue with their original marketing introduction schedule. To us it might seem regressive, but remember we are the vocal minority when it comes to the big picture. They are targeting an all new demographic, all new riders to Spyder, and will bring new faces and buyers into their dealerships. To these people, the Sneak Peak will still be effective. Heck, they can't just toss all of that planning out the window?

One does still have to wonder if the leaked images were truly accidental, or by design. Logic can go both ways, easily, on that one. No matter, the show must go on.

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Spyder Garage

I think the whole thing was planed, right from the spy photos. Trying to take some of the thunder away from the Polaris slingshot's release, they knew about last year.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well; they've got MY attention...
    HOW long do we have to wait???
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Well; they've got MY attention...
    HOW long do we have to wait???
    Twenty five days. Tick, tick, tick...

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    I think the whole thing was planed, right from the spy photos. Trying to take some of the thunder away from the Polaris slingshot's release, they knew about last year.
    tend to agree with you
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Twenty five days. Tick, tick, tick...

I want my instant gratification; and I want it NOW!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

I want my instant gratification; and I want it NOW!!

you'll windup with glasses.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    tend to agree with you
    and, they did a great job

Spyder Garage

Ahhh! Very astute observations! Spyderloves are definitely a cut above.

So, you have basically 2 different groups. BRP, I'm sure, realizes this. So, being smart, they design a tailored approach to each.

Group #1 is YOU! The BITTEN, dialed in, tuned up and in the grove Spyderlover. If you spend time here, on the premiere Spyder Forum in the WORLD, you know what's up, what's down and everything in-between in Y-Factor land.

This group is not going to do well with little slivers of info fed out to us like a trout line. AND, BRP wants feedback from the 'Choir', so to speak. So, we get thinly veiled 'Spy' pictures as a trial balloon. You see, BRP can botch the launch with us because we are easily fixed. We want to love the new Spyder. We've been bitten, it's in our blood stream. They find out what we liked, and what we didn't. That allows BRP to tailor the face of what they feed to the other (harder sell) group. The UN-BITTEN!

Now, on to the obvious Group #2. The low information, oblivious or marginally interested. They are most likely, completely unaware of all the Spy pics, that we have been feasting on. Now BRP has a better idea of what to feed this group for max effect based on our responses to the original releases.

I can tell you, word of mouth will promote a product better than any commercial campaign. In fact, the best commercial campaign must generate word of mouth salesmanship. Why do you think Twitter, Facebook, etc., have become so huge?

And what keeps these entities humming along? DRAMA! Of Course!

So, you need Drama for both Group #1 and Group #2. But what constitutes Drama to Group #1 is not the same as it is for Group #2. Hence you have the 2 different approaches from BRP.

Enjoy the suspense and the rush of a new offering from BRP!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Baja, you are correct except along with Twitter and Facebook you have Google. Group #2 see the tease and Goggle "Spyder F3" and the tease is no more... As a matter of fact, Spyderlovers is the first hit, then all the videos and pictures.

Its all good for sure!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyman View Post
    Baja, you are correct except along with Twitter and Facebook you have Google. Group #2 see the tease and Goggle "Spyder F3" and the tease is no more... As a matter of fact, Spyderlovers is the first hit, then all the videos and pictures.

Its all good for sure!!
    Agreed, Group #2 can find it on Google, if they are looking. I'm thinking... they aren't. That's what the 'Tease' the OP posted is designed to generate. And guess what collateral affect this will have?

Spyder Garage

For whatever reason, BRP is screwing with you guys and the public. Slingshot and market share maybe, Other brands they are trying to cut in on. New demographics, who knows.

One thing seems certain, it's easy to get a lot of interest with minimal effort.

I would wonder if this sites hits has gone up since the leaked photos.

You guys are too easy.

If you need to know...find out who printed the sales brochures and bribe one of the kids that works there for info or a brochure.

PK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    For whatever reason, BRP is screwing with you guys and the public. Slingshot and market share maybe, Other brands they are trying to cut in on. New demographics, who knows.

One thing seems certain, it's easy to get a lot of interest with minimal effort.

I would wonder if this sites hits has gone up since the leaked photos.

You guys are too easy.

If you need to know...find out who printed the sales brochures and bribe one of the kids that works there for info or a brochure.

PK
    Bingo! You win the prize!

This is just the views for each of the threads on the F3 Forum in less than 2 weeks! It dose not include all the views for F3 related posts.

As you can see, just 2 threads have over 30,000 views alone!

Views:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Com on Wednesday

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyman View Post

Its all good for sure!!
    Exactly. Not only Google -- anyone who sees this 'sneak peak' on Facebook just has to scroll down the page about 2 seconds and they'll stumble across the official photo too. BRP posted it to FB and Instagram the same day it was posted here.
    - CJ
    DET | DAL | NYC

Spyder Garage

Just to be clear, I don't oppose nor endorse what BRP is doing. The F3 is a cool machine.

Wonder if corporate BRP is considering a release date 30 days sooner than this years time frame.

Some manufacturers have much earlier releases and models are already available for 2015.

PK