Thread: The Dragon.

Registered Users Top End Unlimited's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default The Dragon.

Heading for Tn. to ride the dragon. Was just wandering if anyone was going to be there this weekend ? Certainly would like to meet other riders. Just in case we (my harley buddie and I ) will be there Thurs. thru Sun. Staying in Pigeon Forge. Hope I run into someone. I have only had this Spyder since July, and so far you people have been great in answering my questions. Have a great weekend everyone ! I know I will.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Top End Unlimited View Post
    Heading for Tn. to ride the dragon. Was just wandering if anyone was going to be there this weekend ? Certainly would like to meet other riders. Just in case we (my harley buddie and I ) will be there Thurs. thru Sun. Staying in Pigeon Forge. Hope I run into someone. I have only had this Spyder since July, and so far you people have been great in answering my questions. Have a great weekend everyone ! I know I will.
    I will probably be at Deal's Gap (top end of the Dragon, NC side) sometime on Saturday. I ride a silver 2012 RT with no modifications or add on's. I like the clean design and don't think "pimping your ride" is a good thing. But I digress - if you see me come over and say hello. I like to park in the large parking lot and after walking around looking at all the machines and talking to people I usually grab a cold Coke and sit in the shade and watch bikes come and go. It never gets boring. Be sure to watch for state and county storm troopers on the Tennessee side. Government coffers need topping off.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have fun, and Take pictures for the rest of us!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'll probably be in the area as I have a camper in Townsend at Lazy Dayz Campground.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

Have fun!! Have ridden the Dragon twice this summer and I never get tired of it. If you can, ride on a weekday. Less crowds. Also holiday weekend so there will be tons of people. Be careful and have a blast!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TRY THIS ONE

....I've done both and Rt 209 " The Rattler " is far better IMHO...........less tourists, less LEO's , less traffic etc.......PM 900Dave He was just there .......Mikeguyver

Spyder Garage

Default Enjoy..!!

be safe and I'm sure you will see many out there. Spyders that is...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users Top End Unlimited's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Dragon

I will be looking for you all. I know we are going to ride it Fri. morn. Don't know what else or if we will ride it again Sat.

Spyder Garage

Default the dragon

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....I've done both and Rt 209 " The Rattler " is far better IMHO...........less tourists, less LEO's , less traffic etc.......PM 900Dave He was just there .......Mikeguyver
    THE RATTLER is ok But,,To Residential...To many Dogs and Kids I try t stay away from those conditions.....

Freebob...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Rode the Dragon May 2014. The day we rode the dragon we rode it early in the morning on a Monday. Wealso rode Moonshine,HellBender,The Snake, The Rattler,and the Cheraholah Skyway.All these roads we rode in the middle of the week. We had every road to ourselves.Enjoy your ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by freebob View Post
    THE RATTLER is ok But,,To Residential...To many Dogs and Kids I try t stay away from those conditions.....

Freebob...

I agree! We both liked the Dragon a bit more and we rode the Dragon on a Thursday, traffic was fairly low.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Top End Unlimited View Post
    I will be looking for you all. I know we are going to ride it Fri. morn. Don't know what else or if we will ride it again Sat.
    Ride it on Friday and stay away on Saturday. We stayed at an RV park fairly close to the Dragon and on Saturday morning we headed to Cherokee park on our way to the Rattler and I could not believe the line of sports cars headed toward the Dragon in the morning. That area must be a mad house on the weekend.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Saturday morning a few of us are meeting up at the McDonalds across from Bass Pro Shop if you want to ride with us. We are pulling out at 8:30 riding twisties up into KY and around. Should be back by 5.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

Have fun and ride safe

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

Have a safe ride, take a lot of pictures and post on here. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Default THE DRAGON

SORRY THAT WE WILL MISS YOU. HEADED UP TO PIGEON FORGE ON SUN. THE 31ST.---FRI. 9/5. WILL PROBABLY DO THE DRAGON ON TUES.,WED. OR THUR. HOPE YOU HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE. (SPYDMAN) VINCE MORRIS

Spyder Garage

We were just up at the Dragon/Deals Gap today (live an hour away) and did not see any other Spyders except the 2 we had. It was very un-busy in the area. Normally see many Spyders there. This weekend being a holiday it will be nuts up there. Suggest you go to one of the photo sites such as Killboy.com to take a count of how many Spyders rode the Dragon on any given day. Week days are much lighter days although there were a couple of dozen Corvettes there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2014 RTL

Spyder Garage

I'll be riding the Dragon on 9/18 on my way back to Dallas from SpyderQuest (long way home)!!

Just in case anyone else will be in the area that day!!
    SmoothSpyder Backrest | Removed 'CanAm' graphics | ThermoTech II Wrapped Exhaust | 2014 Vented Side Panels | BajaRon Sway Bar | BajaRon Heim Links | Bump Skid (via SpyderQuest & SpyderPops) | Rivco drink bracket, reversed, with X-Grip for phone holder | BRP Ultra Touring Windshield | Givi Hard Saddlebags | Russell Day-Long Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by freebob View Post

Freebob...
    Exactly. The Dragon has NO driveways, no dogs, no children, no intersections. Yeah, too many, far too many jack booted LEO's but the government needs more money so what cha gonna do?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    Ride it on Friday and stay away on Saturday. We stayed at an RV park fairly close to the Dragon and on Saturday morning we headed to Cherokee park on our way to the Rattler and I could not believe the line of sports cars headed toward the Dragon in the morning. That area must be a mad house on the weekend.
    Curious: Where or what is Cherokee park? I live here and have never heard of it. Is it something on the reservation in Cherokee, NC? As to the Dragon on a weekend, especially Saturday - yes it is very crowded and Johnny Law is everywhere, but when you get to Deal's Gap you will see wall to wall motorcycles parked in the parking lots at both businesses, both sides of the road. You can walk about and see all kinds from the ordinary to the exotic and that also includes the people who ride them. No one is a stranger and you can talk your head off if you wish or you can get a cold drink, find a seat in the shade and just watch. It never gets boring.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
    Saturday morning a few of us are meeting up at the McDonalds across from Bass Pro Shop if you want to ride with us. We are pulling out at 8:30 riding twisties up into KY and around. Should be back by 5.
    PWM: Do you by chance know Larry Blair? He was telling me about a group of people he knew who were going on a ride up into Kentucky this Saturday. Would that by chance be you or is it just a coincidence? Maybe you should announce your ride in the Smoky Mountain Ryders group section of Spyderlovers.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dndfindley View Post
    PWM: Do you by chance know Larry Blair? He was telling me about a group of people he knew who were going on a ride up into Kentucky this Saturday. Would that by chance be you or is it just a coincidence? Maybe you should announce your ride in the Smoky Mountain Ryders group section of Spyderlovers.
    I know Blair (or Rosey as I call him ) well. Unfortunately I did not have a chance to ride although the group still went. My waterline sprang a leak and I am in repair mode today.
    2017 F3- Limited