Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Kansas Spyder Riders

Just wondering how many Spyders are out there cruising in Kansas (Missouri also). I am in Spring Hill. I run PowerSports4Less and would like to invite anyone in my neighborhood to stop by and say Hi.

TeacherBob
    Retired teacher-
    General Manager
    PowerSports4Less

Spyder Garage

Deb,
    I am about 15 miles or less from Shawnee.
    Give me a call or stop by next tiem your in the area. My Spyder is usually sitting out front of my store.

Bob
    Powersports4Less
    Spring Hill Ks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Kathi In Louisburg

Hey Kathi here in Lousiburg Kansas........ Bob, LOVE the new Corbin Seat! Planning on a ride here real soon, this "winter" weather just won't let us ride like we'd like too.

Kathi

Spyder Garage

Kathi,
    Glad you like it. I'm anxious to see it on your Spyder. I have the Widow pegs on my bike now. Stop by and check them out sometime.

Bob

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spiyer owner

Hi my name is Danny and I’m in Wichita. We just got a dealer here but I picked up a used SM from a guy and his wife in Texas. It already has HDI lights a JM radio and running lights that are very cleverly mounted to the front fender struts, so they turn with the front wheels. The front fenders have been repainted flat black so it looks great. It also has an aftermarket wind shield that will go away it's too tall and to dark, and a Corbin seat. The BRP seat back and rack and 4" extensions. I just ordered a MBRP murdered out pipe. I will add a MP3 or SM radio I am not sure about a satnav system. I have ridden motorcycles for 41 years and traded a Harley Classic for the Spyder. I got tired of holding up 840 lbs. I have only been able to ride it up and down the street a couple of runs since we are having heavy rain but so far the only thing I will have to get used to is the touchy clutch. It comes on real fast. I hope I can meet some other KS spider riders this summer. With a dealer in Wichita now I think we will be seeing more soon.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default in Manhattan

Hi all new to the forum. Been a harley rider for about 12 years. Bought my spyder in place of new harley and Love it so far...350 miles since Saturday has to mean somethign LOL
    Last edited by jabba11; 12-02-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jabba11 View Post
    Hi al lnew to the forum. Been a harley rider for about 12 years. Bougth my spyder in place of new harley and Love it so far...350 miles since Saturday has to mean somethign LOL
    welcome

Shawnee KS rider here.
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hello all you Kansas Spyder Ryder's. John here, picked up a new 08 SM5 in April and I am just now getting around to finding all the forums on the net. I knew there had to be some more in Kansas as every time I ride mine to work people tell me they keep seeing them. I think it would be great to go ride with you guys and gals sometime. I live in Belle Plaine, about 12 miles south of Wichita, but I am up to ride anywhere and share stories of these wonderful machines. Hope to see you all on the road sometime.

Spyder Garage

Theres 7 of us here in Waynesville, Would love to ride with you one day,, For a population of under 5000 people, I'll be we are close to the record as far as population verses Spyders, what you all think?

Joe

RT-S SE PE#0192
    Spyder Garage

Hi folks,

I have a RT-S ordered. I'm from Topeka, haven't seen many in this area. I've seen a red spyder several times on Hiway 24 west of Topeka and one other in town. Ordered mine from Reno's in KC MO. Just sold a 09 Tri-Glide and still have (for sale) an 07 Ultra Classic/CSC trike. Wanted some thing a little sporty but still able to tour with. Had our demo ride the weekend before Thanksgiving, we both loved it. Don't know when we will get it, probably after the first of the year. Anyway, hope to see you on the road sometime.

Dwight

Spyder Garage

Dwight,
    Let me know when you are going to pick up your RT. Maybe I can meet you at Renos and ride as far as Spring Hill with you. You can take a break at my shop and even have lunch at K&M bar-b-q here in Spring Hill.

Bob
    PowerSports4Less

Spyder Garage

Dwight, I could meet you and TeacherBob and ride with you back as far as Shawnee

Dave
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

RT-S SE PE#0192
    Spyder Garage

Hey guys,

Thanks for the offer to ride a bit with me. I didn't see it in time, the RT-S came in Tuesday the 22, and I rode it home on the 23rd. Nobody expected it that early. It's a good thing I rode it home Wed. because we are snowed in now. Hopefully we can meet up sometime when we actually have riding weather. Once the streets are clear I'll be out working on the 600 mile check. It's tuff just looking at it setting in the garage!

Dwight

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

yeah I know what ya mean. i bought mine late in the summer and havent been able to get in ANY riding in the last two weeks or so. It is KILLING ME!!
    2009 phantom 424 of 500! Another Happy Spyder owner

Spyder Garage

Dwight,
    Congratultions on your new !
    Let me know if you need any riding gear. Lots o folks are getting heated jackets,gloves etc. so they can ride as soon as the streets are clear and dry.

Bob (Teacherbob)
    PowerSports4Less.com

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

I have a Rt on order and expect to write a check for the balance today sometime. Won't take delivery till next week or when I have a clear path to my basement garage (the RTs warm home). Not aS tough as Dwight and some others, probably will trailer it home unless temp is in mid to upper 40s. My wife is from Kansas (S. of Highland) and most of her family still lives and farms there so I count myself 1/2 kansan. Looking forward to ridding with everyone. Two brother in laws out there, one with a goldwing and the other with a K series BMW. That's what really got me interested in the first place. Constantly seeing them take off on long trips. SEE YOU IN WARMER WEATHER.

RT-S SE PE#0192
    Spyder Garage

Hey TeacherBob,

We already have Gerbring heated jacket liners but we may be interested in some new jackets and pants. We are using Tourmaster right now but they are showing their age. I looked at some of the Spyder rider suits and like the mid priced jacket and pants they have. Send me the address of your shop and maybe we can stop by sometime.

Thanks
    Dwight

Spyder Garage

Dwight,
    We are at 123 S. Main in Spring hill Ks. 66083. Love to have you stop by. Since we are primarily an internet business, I don't keep a lot of inventory in the store. We can figure out what you need and ship it to you if we don't have it in thestore.

Thanks,
    Bob

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default We did it!

Hi, Bob,

We brought our new Spyder home from Reno's on Saturday.

Thanks for all your input. We'll be out soon!

Spyder Garage

Default Kansas Riders

Quote Originally Posted by teacherbob View Post
    Just wondering how many Spyders are out there cruising in Kansas (Missouri also). I am in Spring Hill. I run PowerSports4Less and would like to invite anyone in my neighborhood to stop by and say Hi.

TeacherBob
    Retired teacher-
    General Manager
    PowerSports4Less
    I'll be in Platte City, MO from June 9-13 then I am heading to CA for a Corbin Seat Upgrade. I think I'll be going across Nebraska but you Kansas dudes could join me.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyders in KS

Hey Bob,

Got the Spyder this spring and have logged almost 7k. Trying to get my moneys worth

Hopefully we can ride together soon. I will try to get to Springhill in August.

Doug 913.972.2931
    2016 RT Ltd , White with lots of Red and Gold

Spyder Garage

Default soon i hope

im still trying to get a new spyder but am waiting for my house refinance to clear then ill strike.im in ottawa kansas ,now i owen a triumph 2300 rocket,and that is mw 50th motorcycle,so the spyder will be my 51st,or if we dont count it as a motorcycle my frist three wheeler,blaster rod.hope to see you soon on a spyder.

Spyder Garage

Hope to see you pulling up to the store on a new Spyder soon.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Grindstone Cowboy

I have had my Spyder RS since April 2009 and I love it not just because it has never fallen off the kick stand. I put 1500 miles on it attending the Chicago Can-Am event and after considering what would have made my trip more enjoyable I have decided I need a better seat. I am picky and I don't want to buy one unless it is a lot better than the stock seat. Does anyone have any suggestion's? I would consider anything from off the shelf to custom made (are their any good custom shops in the midwest). I prefer sitting on real leather. Thanks Ken

Spyder Garage

Default nae spyder at last

just git my new 2010 blue bird home to day after much thought and so far i like it,traded my triumph rocket in on it and noe i dont have to pick that 800 pound machine up any moore.it has the new dps and all the updates so hope it goes good for a long time