Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate seat on ST?

Anyone install one on there ST? What are your thoughts? Good, Comfortable? I was looking at the Corbin, but the price is better on the ultimate and I can send them my stock seat for a refund on the core. The stock Limited seat is not too bad but after about 5 or 6 hours I need to get off!
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    Anyone install one on there ST? What are your thoughts? Good, Comfortable? I was looking at the Corbin, but the price is better on the ultimate and I can send them my stock seat for a refund on the core. The stock Limited seat is not too bad but after about 5 or 6 hours I need to get off!
    Just ordered my Ultimate Seat, $650 shipped, all black with silver stitching and the American Eagle #1 in Silver, grey and yellow with the rain cover, spent a lot of time researching different seats and the Ultimate is the best by far, with your color, you may want to consider the white inlays

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Confort seat

I bought the comfort saddle for my 2013 ST-S, it's not even a little bit comfy. Hard as a rock. I'm using the AIRHAWK R. I now have a much better ride. Cost about 158 and worth every penny.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsm69 View Post
    Just ordered my Ultimate Seat, $650 shipped, all black with silver stitching and the American Eagle #1 in Silver, grey and yellow with the rain cover, spent a lot of time researching different seats and the Ultimate is the best by far, with your color, you may want to consider the white inlays
    Keep us informed after you put in a long day of riding. I want to ulimately know if it is comfortable. Are you also getting the driver backrest?
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Keep us informed after you put in a long day of riding. I want to ulimately know if it is comfortable. Are you also getting the driver backrest?
    Not getting a driver backrest, I've already tried out the Ultimate Seat and I've owned the Corbin and the BRP Comfort Seat, there's no comparison, Ultimate is the best

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Spyder Garage

I have a comfort seat, just slightly better than stock.

Would love to know how much better a different seat is...hopefully people don't think another seat is better just because they spent good money on it...but actually more comfortable after a long ride...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Got mine in Daytona at Bikeweek and I love it....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If any of you guys want to part with your stock ST seats send me a message on how much your looking to get out of it. I have a friend looking for one.
    Thanks, Doug

Spyder Garage

Mines long gone.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Stock ST seat

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    If any of you guys want to part with your stock ST seats send me a message on how much your looking to get out of it. I have a friend looking for one.
    Thanks, Doug
    I have one, new condition $150. plus shipping and its yours. I bought the comfort seat.

heitd53@gmail.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdwheel View Post
    I have one, new condition $150. plus shipping and its yours. I bought the comfort seat.

heitd53@gmail.com
    I'll take it. Sending you an email now.

Spyder Garage

only thing with comfort seat for the ST is they can not do the fuel access port. because they are using the stock seat as core.. i think they said its not enough support for a fuel door.

when having all the stuff strapped on back for long trips ... or when I get a dog again, its a pain in the butt unhooking the stuff so you can lift the seat to fuel Spyder.
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Ordered the Ultimate seat 2 weeks after spyder purchase. Ride with wife most of the time so bought both back rests. We both find it much more comfortable than stock seat. If weather permits we will be taking a 300 mile trip in two weeks than a 800 mile trip the middle of October. Certainly will know more after the trips. With other motorcycle trips (on two wheels) I would stop after each hour to walk & stretch. Can't wait to see how the old body holds up tripping on the spyder. (I'm 71 now.)

Spyder Garage

My wife has the Ultimate lowrider on her ST-S. She loves it, also has the drivers backrest. She can ride all day now with no seat complaints. She is 5'4 so the lowrider fits her well. Makes it more difficult for me to ride it, but I can tell from my few rides that it is much more comfy than stock, for us.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a Corbin and gas door...love the gas door....Des from Ultimate does not have gas door.....gas door main reason I purchased a Corbin....plus Corbin brought my seat forward 2 inches in the back....being 5 foot that helps...plus heated seat...first got it for my RS and just move it to ST

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fuel access port

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    only thing with comfort seat for the ST is they can not do the fuel access port. because they are using the stock seat as core.. i think they said its not enough support for a fuel door.

when having all the stuff strapped on back for long trips ... or when I get a dog again, its a pain in the butt unhooking the stuff so you can lift the seat to fuel Spyder.
    I had to find this out the hard way, what a pain in the BUTT. Pun nut intended.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    I have a Corbin and gas door...love the gas door....Des from Ultimate does not have gas door.....gas door main reason I purchased a Corbin....plus Corbin brought my seat forward 2 inches in the back....being 5 foot that helps...plus heated seat...first got it for my RS and just move it to ST

Just checked, I do not see a gas door option. They do have what they call a Low Rider seat for shorter riders. I think it said it brings you front two inches also.
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

I think it is truly a personal preference thing. I don't know how comfortable the Corbin is compared to the Ultimate. I normally ride with wife and have a sport rack plus trunk and side bags for storage so don't need rear seat to hold anything. Lifting the seat to fill tank is no problem for my situation. Depending on your needs I don't think you can go wrong with either seat.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy fuel port for seat, 2013 RT-S, stock seat,

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdwheel View Post
    I had to find this out the hard way, what a pain in the BUTT. Pun nut intended.
    where do we order a fuel port for our bike seat ??????? stock seat , I will find a way to support it... Please let me know just where to order one..................

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reverendcliff View Post
    where do we order a fuel port for our bike seat ??????? stock seat , I will find a way to support it... Please let me know just where to order one..................
    try reading this thread about where, there are some suggestionshttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...highlight=door

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Seat for ST

I've got a 2013 ST, and put the Ultimate Mid-Rider on, with both passenger and driver back rests. I very much like the seat. It took a little getting used to at first, as it put me a little closer to the handle bars than the stock seat. But, after only a few rides, it feels very natural now. Longest trip has been about 4 hours, and yes, we were both sore. But, I do think the Ultimate is way more comfy than the original seat.

Spyder Garage

Default ULTIMATE SEAT

I replaced the stock with an Ultimate seat with rider and passenger back rests. I still had a sore tush after about an hour so I got the Airhawk R seat cushion and sheepskin cover and now I can ride comfortably for hours.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I did end up purchasing the Ultimate seat with driver backrest. A little stiff at first, it needs some break in time. It feels good now and I really like the backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: How much difference is there between the OEM seats on the ST, and RS models?
    I realize that physically, they all bolt up the same... What is the difference in how they're cut?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Question: How much difference is there between the OEM seats on the ST, and RS models?
    I realize that physically, they all bolt up the same... What is the difference in how they're cut?
    Big difference. RS is barrel shaped where the ST is much flatter.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk