Thread: Spyders in GA

Spyder Garage

Default Spyders in GA

I have put a little over 500 miles on my new 2014 RTL driving around in the Marietta - Waleska - Blue Ridge area. I have not seen a single Spyder. I have ridden 2 wheelers for years in that area. I did notice that the other trikes, Gold Wing and HD appear to be more common. Do the Spyders operate in a different part of GA?
    Also, I saw a very unusual trike. It is a 400cc Burgman converted to a trike. It operators were friendly and the conversion appeared to have been quite well done.
    For the first time ever, two HD operators were friendly and actually spoke with me...an honor never bestowed on me when I was on a BMW or Ducati.
    2016 Freewheeler

2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White (SOLD)

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

There's a few of us here - check the GA forum at the bottom of the main forum page.
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Spyder Garage

Come further north to western NC, NC, and SC. Plenty of spyders around here.

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

on the members list..98 spyderlovers in GA. But there are many more that are not here. I ryde a lot here in Ca and seldom see another, although it is getting better...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Interesting to note The wife and I went on a short 100 mile ride this morning. Just within 5 miles of our home we crossed paths with 4 Spyders. They were not together, but within a few miles of each other.
    Another interesting thing happened, we rode to the Honda Dealership in Winston-Salem, NC. A couple approached us about our Spyder, asking all the usual questions. As it turns out this couple just returned from The Sturgis Rally and told us they saw more Spyders at Sturgis than Harley Trikes. I guess the senior Harley riders are getting the message that Spyders have three wheels, but also handle properly.
    In this area the Harley folks have been very friendly and accepting of the Spyder Ryders. Maybe it's because we were once Harley people.
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.

Spyder Garage

Default rgk

JKMSPYDER

RGK;
    WELCOME..... we do a SPYD3R gathering every 4 - 6 weeks, on the weekend, to have lunch...
    PM John (see above, or here: JKMSPYDER) and get on his mailing list....
    i think we'll be doing lunch in Athens either next time, or the one after that...
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rgk View Post
    I have put a little over 500 miles on my new 2014 RTL driving around in the Marietta - Waleska - Blue Ridge area. I have not seen a single Spyder. I have ridden 2 wheelers for years in that area. I did notice that the other trikes, Gold Wing and HD appear to be more common. Do the Spyders operate in a different part of GA?
    Also, I saw a very unusual trike. It is a 400cc Burgman converted to a trike. It operators were friendly and the conversion appeared to have been quite well done.
    For the first time ever, two HD operators were friendly and actually spoke with me...an honor never bestowed on me when I was on a BMW or Ducati.
    I have a 2011RS-S SE5 that I bought new and been riding the northeast Ga. mountains, southern N.C. mountains mostly mid week. I only ever see a few.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Redneck Diva's from down in your neck of the woods...
    Try sending a PM to her, and maybe she can point you toward some riding groups.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

welcome, we are out and about. This year my spyder has been mostly for commuting, see you out on hwy 41. Check the Georgia section of the forums.

bikerridesdotcom lists GA/TN group rides
    northgeorgiamotorcyclesdotcom has a monthly organized ride in our area.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Riders

As mentioned above, check the Freedom Riders info under community - 2nd line down at the top the forums. There is a ride up to NC this coming weekend. I'm in Waleska and there is another Spyder on 140 here also. And don't forget the GA forum in the states section at the bottom list of forums on the left. I ride mostly with the HOGS, knowing most of em, but do Spyder rides when possible, as well as one of my Drs has a BMW and we ride when possible. Being an old mostly deaf guy, even with my new VA hearing aids, TEXT me if you'd like to meet somewhere and do one or a bunch of rides. We went up to Athens, TN yesterday and the lead made a nice 250 or so mile trip out of it. Great Cuban place west of downtown. Look forward to hearing from you. I've managed 48,000 miles in 3 years. By the way, you can get "no ethlyene" gas at the small local market just off 140 on Little Refuge Road, just 2 mi north of the 4 way stop w/GA 108. $4.50 a gallon and worth every penny.

Tuck

Spyder Garage

. Do the Spyders operate in a different part of GA?

That Burgman could have been my wife's 2009. We had it triked for her at Trikes By Coach Rice here in Loganville in 2009.

When she bought her first Spyder RT in the early part of 2010 we left The Burgie with Coach Rice to sell on consignment and I think it sold in a couple of months. It had a Danson kit on it and it was actually a four wheeler as the drive train from the Burgman stayed intact. Essentially the two rear wheels were outriggers that moved independently. It was a neat machine but when she tried the Spyder with the power steering it was game over for the Burgman.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Default Ellijay Spyders

We have 3 Spyders in Ellijay. Also as mentioned in one of the threads we have a group that meets in
    North GA, or NC and SC once a month for lunch, It is hosted by JKMSPYDER. You cam PM him and get on his mailing list.

Jerry

2013 RT-Limited Pearl White Chocolate Seat
    RT-622 Trailer
    Baker Air Wings
    Diamond R Arm Rests
    12 V power outlet in Frunk
    BRPTravel Cover
    Spyderpops Bump Skid, Belt Rock Guard
    Utopia Driver backrest
    RT Cup Holder/Accessory Mount
    ISCI tall flag Holder
    Custom Dynamics Run-Brake-Turn LED HMT Light