Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Question for Ultimate Seat owners

I have been thinking about maybe making a change and replacing my basic OEM seat on our 2014 RTS some time down the road.

Ultimate advocates buying their rain cover and I understand their reason for the need but would like to know if folks that have bought the rain cover really use it that much?
    How often do you park the Spyder somewhere while traveling and end up getting rained on without the cover being on?
    I can see being on the road and riding into a rain storm. Do you all stop somewhere quickly and haul out the rain cover or do you just ride through it?
    Do you put the rain cover on when you wash the Spyder to keep the seat dry?
    Has any one noticed a problem with their Ultimate Seat after getting rain on it over time?

I don't have a problem paying the extra for the rain cover but realistically I can see numerous times when it might get wet and wonder if any adverse affects have been seen.

Thanks, Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

The rain cover is usually free - at least both of mine were. I tried to use the one for my RT once and got drenched while never getting it on right. I don't use them and both the RT and the Vulcan have gotten rained on a bit. If there is any issue with that, I have not seen it.

The foam in the Ultimate seat breaths well and mine probably get more sweat than rain in them ...
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cognaccruiser View Post
    I have been thinking about maybe making a change and replacing my basic OEM seat on our 2014 RTS some time down the road.

Ultimate advocates buying their rain cover and I understand their reason for the need but would like to know if folks that have bought the rain cover really use it that much?
    How often do you park the Spyder somewhere while traveling and end up getting rained on without the cover being on?
    I can see being on the road and riding into a rain storm. Do you all stop somewhere quickly and haul out the rain cover or do you just ride through it?
    Do you put the rain cover on when you wash the Spyder to keep the seat dry?
    Has any one noticed a problem with their Ultimate Seat after getting rain on it over time?

I don't have a problem paying the extra for the rain cover but realistically I can see numerous times when it might get wet and wonder if any adverse affects have been seen.

Thanks, Gary
    Rain cover is free. Leave my on most of the time lately, rain comes up fast and frequently lately. Love the seat and the wife does too.(That's what really counts )

Spyder Garage

I use mine more for when I'm washing my Spyder than when it's raining.
    If I'm riding into a storm by myself I'll throw it on but if I'm riding with my wife we don't bother as we're covering most of the seat anyway.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Get their sealer and dose come with raine cover. As for wash put seat up then your ok up...

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input. Any more will be welcome.

I didn't realize the covers were included based on what I had read on their web site. Would have bought one but good to know.

Thanks, Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

The rain cover in not included... I think it's $45
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Wait-- people wash their Spyders??

I use my rain cover when it rains, so there ya go. I'll skip it if I'm out for a little bit, and if the Ultimate gets wet while parked I don't freak out, it can handle it.

But it's a cheap 30 second investment for a seat I paid nearly a thousand dollars for.

Here's a tip: if you also own the backrest and expect a high-rain time, put the cover on the passenger seat but just tuck it around the backrest (this is easier on the RS, as you can fold over the passenger backrest and hold the cover that way). This way, you don't have to go digging through the frunk to find the cover in a storm, you can just hop off and finish putting the cover on-- yet the 99% of the time it *doesn't* rain, you're riding on a breathing seat.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!