Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RDL SEAT AND BACKREST

I put my order in today for my Russell Day Long seat. The lady I spoke with indicated that I would only be able to use the backrest when I'm riding single? She said that's the way it is for all RT's. Is this true? My wife and I are not large people. I'm 6' 4" and she is 5' 4"and we're both avg weight. Anyone have input on this? Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default Depends on which seat you have

I have a stock '14 RT seat with a factory backrest and don't take it out on the rare occasion we ride 2 up.

If you have a comfort seat, which moves the driver an extra 2" back in the seat, then yes, the back rest could/would impede the passenger.
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I Have RDL Seat

I have a 2012 RT-S with stock seat. Sent my seat to them, 17,000 miles ago. I am 6' 3" and my wife is 5'6". I had them modify my portion of seat an install back rest, left passenger portion of seat alone, as my wife had no comfort issues like I did. They had me email them a picture with my wife and I sitting on our Spyder before they would modify seat. I never take backrest out and my wife has plenty of room, she has no issues with backrest. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions about seat, will try to help you out the best I can.

Spyder Garage

I have the 2012 RT-S with stock seat. I'm a little bit bigger than average, not taller just bigger. I put in the "big bike" backrest. I ordered the larger one. I don't take it out and almost always ride 2 up.
    I wish I had ordered the smaller one.