full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default File problem with my Zumo 660

Hope I'm on the right "page" for this question as I ride a '13 STL SE5.

I have downloaded a GPS file from the web in a GPX format which the Zumo supports. I have transfered the file to the little microSD chip and put it in the Zumo. Problem is I find nothing in the users manuel that tells me where to find that file so I can ride it. I don't find it in 'favorites' or 'addresses' or anywhere else.
    I have many ride files available to me from a magazine called Roadrunner but they won't do me any good if I don't learn how to find them. Anyone else using files loaded on a chip and if so, where are they hiding?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post

I have downloaded a GPS file from the web in a GPX format which the Zumo supports. I have transfered the file to the little microSD chip and put it in the Zumo. Problem is I find nothing in the users manuel that tells me where to find that file so I can ride it. I don't find it in 'favorites' or 'addresses' or anywhere else.
    I have many ride files available to me from a magazine called Roadrunner but they won't do me any good if I don't learn how to find them. Anyone else using files loaded on a chip and if so, where are they hiding?
    If you just copied it to the card it will appear under favourites. If you loaded it using POI loader from Garmin it will be under extras.

I also have a dealer list that will recreate the dealer list under it's own heading under Where to just like the Can-am models do but with a more up to date list. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...for-Garmin-GPS

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post

After you have copied to the SD card, go to Settings-My Data-Import data. Once you have imported the data, it will show up under custom routes.

Ride Safe.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I thought you had to use Basecamp to export to the garmin?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mspiv View Post
    I thought you had to use Basecamp to export to the garmin?
    Nope . . . you can even plan trips on Map Quest and transfer them to your Garmin.
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default Got It !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GParch218 View Post
    After you have copied to the SD card, go to Settings-My Data-Import data. Once you have imported the data, it will show up under custom routes.

Ride Safe.
    Thanks. I knew it was about that simple. i just couldn't find it. Thanks Again.. Hope I can return the favor someday.