Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default I'M NOT A POSER

I look at it this way - if I were to check the bikes of the people that diss me, I'd bet most don't have near the mileage I have on mine! Yep, I'm the girl that hears "You back again already?" from my service tech when I come in for oil changes.

I only get mad when I get dissed by a woman who only rides on the back of her man's ride. That makes me !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by steve0530 View Post
    Pay no attention to the guys that have been brain washed by a company that has spent a lot of money promoting an aged product.
    Oh so very right on! Love it

Spyder Garage

Thanks to the OP for the ADV rider view-- don't get many of those folks around these parts!

My thoughts:

1. Fun is fun is fun. There are many roads one can take to having fun while riding. There is no "right" way to ride. Two wheel motorcycles, three wheel trikes and hacks, four wheel ATVs, no-wheel sleds & jetskis... if they bring a smile to YOUR face, that's all that matters.

2. That said, yeah, I recognize the "cool" factor is a part of human nature. I would be lying if I said I've never felt self-conscious on the Spyder, or maybe a smidge defensive when talking about it in person, or in other bike forums. I admit that I'm probably too quick to retort how I know how to ride two wheels as well, as if I need to prove my bona fides to "real" bikers before praising the Spyder.

I just try to be positive wherever possible-- no need to denigrate anyone else's riding choice when I can be a smiling evangelist for the unique joys of riding a Spyder.

3. Sorry Ron, liver and onions are just wrong, man. That's objective fact!
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm a 34 year old police officer and get tons of ridicule at work. They say I'm the only young and " in shape" person they ever seen on one. I could care less. I can't think of any 2 wheelers not waving to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WAVING

......Back in the good ole days .....I used to wave ....all BIKERS used to wave at each other .....we were different / odd etc..Now where I mostly ride ( VT & NH ) no body waves ........So I have stopped ....unless waved at first..................I think it's sad ....Mikeguyver

Spyder Garage

As the saying goes - Small minds think small! - so them.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am the same person whether I am on one wheel, three wheels or 16 wheels...I am on my third Spyder and loving it!!!

Spyder Garage

Seems like the biker mentality celebrates independence, freedom, and self expression. Not closed mindedness and exclusion. Some people are just morons.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    f 'em...
    Follow your own path, and ride your own ride!
    /Thread.

Spyder Garage

Nope, I ride what I want and they ride what they want. If I let them get my nickers in a wad from what they say, they win and I lose. And that ain't gonna happen. Just give them a salute as you drive off with a BIG smile on your face.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default my answer

no.. I could care less..

most of the times these remarks are from those that own the t shirts and ride nothing except the internet forums

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I only wave back if waved at. My dad gets waves all the time, but like he said, he's older (long white beard showing it) while on an RT, where as I'm younger riding an RS, with a full face helmet (always) and usually a jacket with armor. I do tend to catch a lot of flak from the HD owners I work with, but I ride solo, unless with my parents.

But, it's the same thing in the diesel world, performance cars, ect, but even the tern cagers have been used in this group and it's usually not used positively.
    Current
    2016 Can Am F3T Special Series
    2015 Can Am Renegade 1000 X XC
    2011 Can Am Outlander 800R X XC
    Previous
    2012 Can Am RS SE5

Spyder Garage

At the end of the day Isn't it all about being in the wind? I have both a RS and KTM 1190 adventure bike. I truly enjoy riding both - I ride them both for different reasons. Rode my KTM in Northern AZ roads and off road trails with my BMW friends, and today my wife and i rode the Spyder through the mountains. I really have not experienced any flak from anybody. I get more looks and thumbs up from people on my spyder than I do on my KTM. It seems that some people have not gotten out of high school cliques. As example My BMW friends look down at Harley riders as low class people who truly don't know how to really ride a motorcycle and who are required to wear a costume ie. Harley gear like they are going trick or treating for Halloween. Can't we just enjoy riding and forget the clique stuff.
    Last edited by blambert; 08-23-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.” Edward Burke

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've been riding two wheels 30+ years and just (last week!) bought the STS.
    I've put a 1000 miles on it since getting it and it really pissed me off that other bikers (not all, but most) wouldn't give you a wave back.
    Some of my buddies would frown and ask "Why'd you get it?" but changed their minds when they saw it in action in the twisties.

It doesn't bother me now as much.
    I think this is part of the learning curve related to the bike... it's a different ride... Some people hate different, look at history!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't ever let them piss you off...

If you do; they've already won!

Spyder Garage

Default 2 wheel idiots

If some 2 wheel dorks don't want to wave or be friendly, it's their loss. I ride with and attend HOG's activities as recently as yesterday. Never had one negative vibs out of anyone and the new folks always ask 100 questions about the Spyder. After the last HOG meetimg, I hopped on the Spyder, started it up and my first Limp home popped up in 48,000 miles. Did all the stuff to check, restart, etc and then it wouldn't even start. Called my Spyder dealer and basically got told to call a certain wrecker co and for $175 they's haul it 25 miles to their place. That sounded wrong, so I walked into the Harley Dealer and asked the manager if I could leave my bike out back umtil later that day or the next. How come? Broke. Where you gotta take it? Kennesaw. Wait here. 3 minutes later she appears with 2 guys and said load it on our trailer and we'll get you there. Told her I'd be glad to pay. No way, you were a customer for years and we believe in service. While I was messing around outside, several guys came by and 2 offered to go get their trailer for me. Told em thanks, I have a trailer of my own (but my wife is visiting friends with our Cherokee with the hitch) and I think Penny is solving the problem anyway. No sweat, call if you need me. Can't beat Cartersville HD for support, even in the Spyder's case. So, the Spyder folks just shook it off that the HD dealer saved the day. Problem was the throttle was out of tolerance, or words to that effect.Needed am oil change, so they essentially did the troubleshooting and fix for nothin. That was good and for 3 years they have supported my Spyder extremely well, with a mx agreement that saved me megabucks. But, really surprised me that I was basically ignored. They said the truck was broken. I asked why the bosses truck, sitting out front, couldn't be used - no answer. Their trailer was just outside another door.
    So, remember, Harley Dealers and riders can be great, as can other dealers and riders. If they don't meet your speck, keep it in mind the next time you buy or wave. Try to give the 3 finger wave, not just 1.

Tuck

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

pay no mind to them and don't tell them nothing they have no idea how much fun we are having LOL

Spyder Garage

Truth is life is to short to worry about what people think about your ride. If the Spyder makes you happy then so be it. I just lost my nephew last night from cancer. I lost my nephew and my best friend.
    Last edited by ijon1; 08-26-2014 at 04:38 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He: "That's NOT a motorcycle!"

Me: "Boy, ain't that the truth! There oughta be a law, don'tcha think? SOMEBODY ought to be in JAIL for that!"

(Just watch THAT knock the wind out of their sails! You can only fight stoopid with more stoopid.)
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I go to a restaurant and order liver and onions. I get ridiculed every time. But I like L&O's and it doesn't bother me at all. I don't try to push my preference off on anyone else but I savor every bite and no one is going to ruin my meal.

If it is on the menu, I order it. A real treat for me too!
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

True bikers don't give a damn about what you ride, as long as you ride.

Respect for respect's sake unless shown otherwise.
    A real biker doesn't care about your opinion on his lifestyle, or his choice of steed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    If it is on the menu, I order it. A real treat for me too!
    Another vote for L & O. I also like them once in awhile.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well; isn't the only way to actually EAT liver...
    is to pair it up with lots of onions (and ketchup)?

Spyder Garage

Hey, Bob, next time you get into L&O, cut up 4 or 5 pieces of thick sliced bacon, and cook it all up together, whole new world of flavor!

john