Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone else get riled about two wheelers dumping on Trikes?

So usually I'm pretty thick skinned...(and yes I posted this on Brothers of the Third Wheel as well). I was member of a FB group called International Brotherhood of Adventure Riders and these folks went off on a rant of posts about Spyders and Trikes in general as not being 'real' motorcycles and for the old and broken etc etc. Stuff we've all heard but ... from an International Brotherhood?

Since I have the KTM I hang out on those kind of sites as well and dual sports/enduros are usually an anything that gets your knees in the breeze is good type of crowd...

Mebbe I'm just thin skinned since my Spyder was bought from a close friend that died from ALS, but I'm getting real tired of this 'who I won't wave it' game in the motorcycle community.

Oke, rant off.
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsrider View Post
    So usually I'm pretty thick skinned...(and yes I posted this on Brothers of the Third Wheel as well). I was member of a FB group called International Brotherhood of Adventure Riders and these folks went off on a rant of posts about Spyders and Trikes in general as not being 'real' motorcycles and for the old and broken etc etc. Stuff we've all heard but ... from an International Brotherhood?

Since I have the KTM I hang out on those kind of sites as well and dual sports/enduros are usually an anything that gets your knees in the breeze is good type of crowd...

Mebbe I'm just thin skinned since my Spyder was bought from a close friend that died from ALS, but I'm getting real tired of this 'who I won't wave it' game in the motorcycle community.

Oke, rant off.
    Although I'm new to three wheels (not two wheels), I'm not new to people like you are describing. Folks with attitudes like that are usually equal opportunity critics and don't limit themselves to just the subject of motorcycles. They are routinely all around douche bags, and they have no standing in my world. I don't think they should in your world either.

Spyder Garage

Pay no attention to the guys that have been brain washed by a company that has spent a lot of money promoting an aged product.

Spyder Garage

If you allow others to rile you like that, then they will own you.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..!!

it's about you..not them. You are ryding and enjoying life and recognizing everyones right to choose there fun vehicle and waving to them is a jesture of that. There may be a bit or a lot of jealousy involved but that is their problem and not yours. I really don't care if they wave back and have fun trying to figure out if they are afraid to let go, don't see me, can't let go or won't wave back. If I can't let go I nod. Now you could wipe that smile off your face, keep your hands on the bars and turn away but where is the fun in that..? I have cages ask why they don't wave back and find it rude..jmobservation... Don't let it bother you they are small people....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I go to a restaurant and order liver and onions. I get ridiculed every time. But I like L&O's and it doesn't bother me at all. I don't try to push my preference off on anyone else but I savor every bite and no one is going to ruin my meal.

There was a couple here in the early days of the RT. They were Harley riders. They really enjoyed the camaraderie of riding with their friends but they never really enjoyed 2 wheels. They purchased an RT and they were both just glowing here on Spyderlovers. For them, a dream come true.

Everything was wonderful until they went riding with their Harley friends. Those 'Friends' give them such a hard time that they ended up selling their Spyder and buying another Harley.

That is just a shame.

Enjoy life. Do things your way and let others do the same. If you run into someone with a one way attitude, feel sorry for them but don't join in the suffering.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 08-19-2014 at 09:48 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Live your life the way you want not the way someone else thinks you should.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I go to a restaurant and order liver and onions. I get ridiculed every time. But I like L&O's and it doesn't bother me at all. I don't try to push my preference off on anyone else but I savor every bite and no one is going to ruin my meal.

There was a couple here in the early days of the RT. They were Harley riders. They really enjoyed the camaraderie of riding with their friends but they never really enjoyed 2 wheels. They purchased an RT and they were both just glowing here on Spyderlovers. For them, a dream come true.

Everything was wonderful until they went riding with their Harley friends. Those 'Friends' give them such a hard time that they ended up selling their Spyder any buying another Harley.

That is just a shame.

Enjoy life. Do things your way and let others do the same. If you run into someone with a one way attitude, fell sorry for them but don't join in the suffering.
    Should have gotten new friends instead!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

There are a tremendous number of "motorcycle owners" out there who don't want to know that it isn't what you ride, it's that you ride. I won't call them bikers, they haven't bothered to try to get there yet.
    My history with motorcycles goes back 60 years, in that time, I've ridden what I want, where I want, when I want. If people dislike what I ride, they don't have to ride with me, but it works both ways, I don't have to ride with them.
    I'd better stop here,

john

Spyder Garage

Don't let the actions of others spoil your day. If they feel to good to wave to others, IMO, that's their problem.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

f 'em...
    Follow your own path, and ride your own ride! Companionship.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    f 'em...
    Follow your own path, and ride your own ride! Companionship.jpg
    Perfect graphic. Thanks for the cheer up folks, I needed it. I get a big grin even flogging the little MB5 around (it's a 50cc 'sportbike'). Have a scooter here that the kids used and then left when they moved on, I crank that up every once in awhile and zip around... tomorrow is first ride on the Spyder since cataract surgery, really looking forward to a two eyed ryde
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n

Spyder Garage

Folks who feel the need to put others down are insecure, infantile, irritating idiots . . . ignore them . . . as their parents and classmates must have done in order for them to remain so childish as they grew, physically.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsrider View Post
    Perfect graphic. Thanks for the cheer up folks, I needed it. I get a big grin even flogging the little MB5 around (it's a 50cc 'sportbike'). Have a scooter here that the kids used and then left when they moved on, I crank that up every once in awhile and zip around... tomorrow is first ride on the Spyder since cataract surgery, really looking forward to a two eyed ryde
    Feel free to use it as necessary, and spread it around where it'll do some good!

Those little MBs were cool as hell...

on gaining back your binocular vision!!
    Depth perception is NOT over-rated!

Spyder Garage

There is no fixing stupid, lol.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But that doesn't mean that beating on it with a hammer; won't make you feel better!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Put your helmet on and you can't hear them

Did you hear me?

image.jpg

Anyway, luckily or otherwise, my experiences have been quite the opposite up here.
    I have only had friendly gestures and kind conversation, even from some rough and tumble sorts. Be polite and expect similar.

Chas
    Last edited by ChasCS; 08-19-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

i ride with only two wheel people, same people i rode with when i had two wheels. i get picked on all the time but i just laugh at them. so no problem
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChasCS View Post
    Did you hear me?

image.jpg

Anyway, luckily or otherwise, my experiences have been quite the opposite up here.
    I have only had friendly gestures and kind conversation, even from some rough and tumble sorts. Be polite and expect similar.

Chas
    I've never had any trouble here either!

Other than my best friend with the Tri-Glide... He SWEARS that they put the handlebars on the wrong end of my bike!

Spyder Garage

had a friend who owns five Harleys and he bought an rt audio package in 2012, supposedly for his wife. after two year he sold it and said it was because his wife didn't feel comfortable driving it. truth be knownst, he got so much grief from all his Harley buddies he had to give up his new ride. the answer is no! he doesn't even wave at spyders when he is riding with the Harley boys. does it bother me? hell no! I just don't ride with him anymore.

Spyder Garage

This topic seems to be the same just different people , you ride your spyder cause you like it and like to ride . I wave to all riders no matter what scooter to 3 wheelers trikes or spyder's !
    if you like your bike and enjoy riding who the hell cares what anyone else thinks !!!!!

Have fun on your bike and enjoy the open air !

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    There are a tremendous number of "motorcycle owners" out there who don't want to know that it isn't what you ride, it's that you ride. I won't call them bikers, they haven't bothered to try to get there yet.
    My history with motorcycles goes back 60 years, in that time, I've ridden what I want, where I want, when I want. If people dislike what I ride, they don't have to ride with me, but it works both ways, I don't have to ride with them.
    I'd better stop here,

john
    Very well said.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post

Everything was wonderful until they went riding with their Harley friends. Those 'Friends' give them such a hard time that they ended up selling their Spyder any buying another Harley.

That is just a shame.

Enjoy life. Do things your way and let others do the same. If you run into someone with a one way attitude, fell sorry for them but don't join in the suffering.
    Ron,
    If you get down to Ga. go to the Hole in the Wall. They have best Live and Onions there, it's right on the square in Blairsville, Ga. If the
    GG Taurus would have been in the US when I was looking in 2011 I wouldn't have a Spyder now.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Agree. The ones that don't wave I don't wave. Don't lose any sleep over it. Our numbers are growing and they're getting older

Spyder Garage

ride/drive what you like and can afford. Be nice and wave if you feel like it, if they do not wave back, Forget them.
    I have belonged to a Gold wing club (OH X-2)for several years, nice bunch of people and welcoming, but I was told by another Spyder rider from a diiferent club, they were asked not to ride with some members. A GWRRA offical said, that was not right, So who knows.
    Life is to short to get real worked up about this, A slight problem, then forget it.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner