Spyder Garage

Default Next question - life span of a Spyder?

Was wondering if I should go ahead and get the ST (which I want, but I know I need to wait), or keep my beautiful green matte RSS...

If all the maintenance is performed on time, does anyone know how long a Spyder can last? I've had mine since 2012 and she has about 18,400 miles on her.

Thanks in advance!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by roselover58 View Post
    Was wondering if I should go ahead and get the ST (which I want, but I know I need to wait), or keep my beautiful green matte RSS...

If all the maintenance is performed on time, does anyone know how long a Spyder can last? I've had mine since 2012 and she has about 18,400 miles on her.

Thanks in advance!
    A report in another thread today showed 70,000 miles on a 2008 RS. There are at least a couple with over 100,000 miles on one . There are also a few people that had 50,000 or more miles on their 's before trading on another.

If you keep your well maintained, it should last longer than you may want to keep it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops has 86,000 miles on his and still going strong

Spyder Garage

Thank you so much!

I traded in my car for my first Spyder (2009 RS). I had a Smart car - really enjoyed it, but it only had a two year warranty. Fell in love with the Spyder. The matte green is my current one (which I will keep for awhile).

Spyder Garage

Well maintained like a swiss watch. The one guy that was at ingles ride in this spring is now over 100000

Spyder Garage

Default Have a look..!!

around and you will see many 08's still around with high mileages. How long will they last..?? No one knows. Well maintained as long as you and the next few will have it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    around and you will see many 08's still around with high mileages. How long will they last..?? No one knows. Well maintained as long as you and the next few will have it...
    Good to know! I love my bike, so will continue to ride her every chance I get. AND... tomorrow is a casual day, which makes a very good reason to ride to work in the morning! 70's in the morning, and about 102 in the afternoon...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You definitely don't see any for sale that are worn out or with blown motors or transmissions.
    I've been looking for one with a messed up drive train to use as a project for about a year now. Nothing....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by roselover58 View Post

Thanks in advance!
    I have seen a few 100,000 miles, so 50,60, 75. You must up with the maintenance, use a good oil & grease and drive them right. I wait till the 2015's comes out. Ever year are better than the next, except the 2013, that was a bad year. That's IMHO.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeinGA; 08-18-2014 at 09:42 PM.