Spyder Garage

Smile 2009 Spyder Riding Gear and Accessories

Received the 2009 Spyder Roadster Riding Gear and Accessories book in the mail Yesterday. Thanks to Rob's Performance of Johnson Creek WI. Page 31 has picture of BRP Ultra Touring Windshield - 23" high x 30" wide. It looks like it will sit directly in FRONT of the mirror/turn signal arms. No price listed and Spring 09 availability.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Spyder ULTRA TOURING Windshield....mmmmmmm

Hey Spyder Lovers, I too got this BRP Acc. Catalog this week and noticed the Ultra Touring windshield, coming Spring 09.......

I have looked at so many different wind screens on line, that I am truly loosing site of what is best.

Right now, I am still using an F1 that I took a heat gun to, as to create an aggressive hook on the top. This helped take a good part of the helmet buffeting away......when in clean air, but it's 'messed' when on the interstate and dirty air. But I am rather tall.

My plan is to await what my dealer shows me, on this new Spder Ultra Touring windshield......unless another design unfolds prior to spring 09.

Any thoughts out there for your friend...... floto612 , the paraplegic spyder ryder??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by floto612 View Post
    Hey Spyder Lovers, I too got this BRP Acc. Catalog this week and noticed the Ultra Touring windshield, coming Spring 09.......

I have looked at so many different wind screens on line, that I am truly loosing site of what is best.

Right now, I am still using an F1 that I took a heat gun to, as to create an aggressive hook on the top. This helped take a good part of the helmet buffeting away......when in clean air, but it's 'messed' when on the interstate and dirty air. But I am rather tall.

My plan is to await what my dealer shows me, on this new Spder Ultra Touring windshield......unless another design unfolds prior to spring 09.

Any thoughts out there for your friend...... floto612 , the paraplegic spyder ryder??
    Hi floto612. I have ordered the Ultra Touring Windshield. My thought is that I will probably put it on for long tours and switch back to the standard shield for bopping around town, especially in hot weather. We will have to get together some time. I am in London, not all that far from you.
    Cheers,
    Bruce

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What price did they give you when you ordered or is it something you want at any price?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie View Post
    What price did they give you when you ordered or is it something you want at any price?
    My dealer had not been give a price yet, so he is giving it to me for the same price as the sport touring shield. He's a really good guy, knows it will be more than that, but it is one of a bunch of accessories I am purchasing for the Spyder that I will be picking up on October 11. The shield won't be in by then, so he will forward it to me when he gets it, or I can just wait until I have the roadster in for service and put it on then. In Canada, I am guessing it will retail at around $225, but that is just my best guess.
    Bruce